Crisis Hotlines

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if posting these breaks one of the rules, but I figured it could be useful to post here if anyone needs it.

The national (for US) crisis hotline is 1-800-273-8255. This can be used for any crisis; suicidal ideation, domestic violence situation, sudden trauma, or anything else you consider a crisis.

If you/the person needing it has an issue with phone calls, they can text HOME to 741741 to text with a trained respondent.

If you/the person needing it doesn't have access to a phone, but does have access to a computer, they can go to Lifeline Chat to talk with a counselor online. That last one is suicide-only, technically, but they advertise that they are there for people going through any crisis as well.

These are technically for the USA only, however I am certain that you can call/use them in other countries. I would recommend that everyone find the hotlines for their areas and put them in your phone; you never know when you or someone you know may need them. I keep both the phone and text numbers in my phone, along with the NY sexual violence/domestic violence hotline number.

Latest Discussions