Which Region of the United States Is Meant for You?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well then, what they heck are you doing living in that unbearable tropical paradise....get the heck out of that warm, sunny, oceanside, beach infested hell hole and get back to Boston where you belong....can't beat a Boston winter for fun and excitement.

True, it is exciting. But the commute to work at the airport would be a betch. I can't find work in Boston, and I still need to work. Too old for some jobs, overqualified for others. And can't work for ten bucks an hour like I had been.

If I was independently wealthy I would live in the outskirts of Boston from June until the day after Christmas, and the rest of the year on Maui. And on the way west each year I'd stop at the Grand Canyon for a week.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
From the southeast and meant to live in the southeast.

Looks like the test just shows that most people are biased to where they live.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From the southeast and meant to live in the southeast.

Looks like the test just shows that most people are biased to where they live.
Yeah. And there were no “none of the above” answers. I picked the lesser of all evils on a few questions.

And not a single weather question.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Without taking the test, I feel that I belong in the region in between Alaska and Washington state.

Since you are talking Canada the test would tell you that no matter how hard you tried. It is for Regions of the United States not outside of the United States

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in the Southwest but got the Northwest. While I want to explore more of the Northwest on vacations it is simply too cold there for me to even think of retiring in the Northwest. I'm like Buka more of an Island type of guy and working daily to convince the wife! ;)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I’d imagine Hawaii would be my utopia, but I’ve never been there, so I can’t say for certain. Until I go, Newport Beach/Huntington Beach is where I’d live if I could go anywhere in the US without family guilt. My girls need to know their family beyond those people that visit us and we visit a few times a year.

My plan was So Cal after I got my master’s. I even applied to a few places there for grad school. Then I met the love of my life which changed my plans a bit. Then the little loves of my life sealed my upstate NY fate.

I guess there’s always retirement. But there’ll be grandkids probably. Damned family. Why do I have to love them so much?

Newport beach is awesome, one of my most relaxing vacations was there. I could live there. Liked San Diego and Santa Monica too.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I live in the Southwest but got the Northwest. While I want to explore more of the Northwest on vacations it is simply too cold there for me to even think of retiring in the Northwest. I'm like Buka more of an Island type of guy and working daily to convince the wife! ;)

Hey Brian.

Mine said Northwest but I would more likely go Southwest...and no one is more surprised at that than I am. Never thought I'd be happy anywhere but the Northeast...liked snow...like the seasons. But as I get older...warmer climates seem to be becoming more and more appealing.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got Southwest with no further suggestions. I currently live in Northern Virginia. I can think of worse places to live than here, but I do have an affinity for the southwestern area of the USA.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Newport beach is awesome, one of my most relaxing vacations was there. I could live there. Liked San Diego and Santa Monica too.
The day to day nonsense just wouldn’t be an issue if I woke up in Newport Beach every morning. It would be too nice out to care. Sure, the major stresses like sick family, issues with my kids, etc. would all be there. We’re still human. But life would just be so much easier. Getting outside and in the sun and enjoying the day would an everyday thing.

I’d imagine Hawaii would be the same or better.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The day to day nonsense just wouldn’t be an issue if I woke up in Newport Beach every morning. It would be too nice out to care. Sure, the major stresses like sick family, issues with my kids, etc. would all be there. We’re still human. But life would just be so much easier. Getting outside and in the sun and enjoying the day would an everyday thing.

I’d imagine Hawaii would be the same or better.

I will admit Newport beach was incredible and I am going to have to go back. And that was the most relaxed have ever seen Mrs Xue on vacation. She does not do yoga, not even the slightest bit interested in it.... she took a yoga class at Newport Beach

The only concern I had about Newport beach was what happened to my musical tastes...I have nothing against Bob Marley music, but it is not ever my choice of something to listen to...but when I was at Newport beach...I couldn't get enough of Bob Marley :D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Pacific Ocean? That's a weird thing to think. What are you? Aquaman?
LOL, Imma buy you an Atlas.

To get that line over water you have to go right from the western tip of Alaska.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't understand. The only thing in between Alaska and Washington State is the Pacific and some hippies who live in log cabins and talk funny.
Igloos. We live in Igloos.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

To get that line over water you have to go right from the western tip of Alaska.

I don't understand. The only thing in between Alaska and Washington State is the Pacific and some hippies who live in log cabins and talk funny.
What land and cabins are you guys galking about? My map of america very clearly shows the mainland usa, hawaii, two oceans, alaska and this void of nothingness between the us and alaska. And the map clearly states its a map of america so if there were land there, i would know!

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I will admit Newport beach was incredible and I am going to have to go back. And that was the most relaxed have ever seen Mrs Xue on vacation. She does not do yoga, not even the slightest bit interested in it.... she took a yoga class at Newport Beach

The only concern I had about Newport beach was what happened to my musical tastes...I have nothing against Bob Marley music, but it is not ever my choice of something to listen to...but when I was at Newport beach...I couldn't get enough of Bob Marley :D
Sounds like every time I’ve been to the Carribean or Mexico. Only instead of Bob Marley, I couldn’t get enough strawberry daiquiris. This coming from an avid stout and porter drinker. I didn’t care how unmanly I looked with whipped cream, cherries and umbrellas in my drink. I’ve never had one outside of the Carribean or Mexico. Not once. Never crossed my mind.

And what’s wrong with Bob Marley? He didn’t shoot no deputy.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Pacific Ocean? That's a weird thing to think. What are you? Aquaman?

I see a bit of land between Alaska and Washington state, but I also see plenty of Pacific Ocean. Maybe I’m looking at it all wrong...
CE9F2B53-AF29-46A5-8ECB-A209178C3D4C.gif

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You'd love the snow, cold, freezing rain, ice, and digging out in the fast lane too :D

the heck with it, come over to the Northeast...we can do Taijiquan in the snow :D
Absolutley love Boston and New York. Nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there though. Kinda like my sisters kids, I love them to death but glad they're not mine, if you know what I mean :D.
I'm a Southern Calif boy born and raised. Will never leave. Hell, I don't even own a shovel. Wouldn't know how to use it :D :shamefullyembarrased:.
I've often surfed at Huntington Beach, and got some skiing in at Snow Summit in the same day...

I might take you up on your Taijiquan offer. I'm overdo for a cross country trip.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Absolutley love Boston and New York. Nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there though. Kinda like my sisters kids, I love them to death but glad they're not mine, if you know what I mean :D.
I'm a Southern Calif boy born and raised. Will never leave. Hell, I don't even own a shovel. Wouldn't know how to use it :D :shamefullyembarrased:.
I've often surfed at Huntington Beach, and got some skiing in at Snow Summit in the same day...

I might take you up on your Taijiquan offer. I'm overdo for a cross country trip.
The snow in So Cal is EXACTLY where it belongs - on the mountains. There for you if you want a change, and you can leave when you’ve had enough.