which is ure favourite kata

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
Out of heain shodan,yodan,godan,kneidan,sandan or any other katas if u want. mA favourite is heain yodan and tekki sho or may be called ne funshin shodan

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sanchin

the red dot means someone took a dislike to one of your one line remarks and dinged your reputation

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
In Chito-ryu I like Sochin. In I-ryu I would say Sunsu. Is kobudo excluded, if not My fav is Shiro taru no kon.

J

Jussi Häkkinen

Hmm. Favourite kata...so many of them.

But my current favourites (they change weekly or even daily) are Naifanchi shodan, Passai and Chatan Yara no Kusanku.

OP
T

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ya i learned heain godan from my cousin so now that is my favourite kata.

G

Gangsta Abby

my favourite kata is hiean godan and tanokata sandan
I like those katas the most because you can show more power and flow in the movements of the katas.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like the Naihanchi series (Tekki series)
p01.gif

NaihanchiNidan.gif

http://www.koreteamkarate.org/kata_videos.htm#Sandan

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I am guessing the guy doing kata in those mpegs is doing them for movement memorization only.
It seems he teaches in my home town down the road from my old house!
Weird!
I don't know who he is or where he is from just something I found on the net. where is your hometown Shawnee, or Overland KS?

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
I don't know who he is or where he is from just something I found on the net. where is your hometown Shawnee, or Overland KS?
I am from Ovelrand Park, the guy doing the kata has trained a bit with my teacher. I don't know how much he trained with him. I thought I had seen him somewhere before so I looked at the rest of his webpage and figured it out, I saw him at a seminar.
I don't think he is a member of the association though. The kata are almost the same as the way we do them, except he is too stiff, and does a very basic version. His hand and head position are a little bit off at times.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I am from Ovelrand Park, the guy doing the kata has trained a bit with my teacher. I don't know how much he trained with him. I thought I had seen him somewhere before so I looked at the rest of his webpage and figured it out, I saw him at a seminar.
I don't think he is a member of the association though. The kata are almost the same as the way we do them, except he is too stiff, and does a very basic version. His hand and head position are a little bit off at times.
"It's a a small world after all":)

I

Ippon Ken

tshadowchaser said:
sanchin

the red dot means someone took a dislike to one of your one line remarks and dinged your reputation
Yeah. What a pansy way to handle things. That aspect of this site sucks. If someone is fake and you call them on it you shouldn't get demeritted. When's someone gonna help a brutha' out with the good points?

Out of the Pinan/Heian I like Pinan Shodan, which is probably Heian Nidan in most Japanese systems. I like Gojushiho, Naihanchi Shodan, Rohai and Patsai Dai, but my favorite advanced forms are Chinto (Matsumura Seito Chinto) and Kusanku (Mei).

Martin h

Green Belt
Reaction score
I love the beauty of Seipai and Garyu, but the katas that I most prefere doing are Tensho and Saiha.

Gene Williams

Green Belt
Reaction score
We all have kata that we enjoy a lot and that seem to "fit" us. But, you really should not have a "favorite" kata. Treat them all equally (even the most basic kata) and they will work together to shape you and your karate. Do you have a kata you hate? Do it more than any of the others.

Latest Discussions