What's with the cranes?

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Are cranes collapsing at an alarming rate or is this just an example of media attention making something seem new.

Was there some regualtory change that allowed crane manufacturers or operators to take fewer or different precautions that are leading to this series of crane collapses?

Or are there no more collpases than there ever were, but now the news industry is just reporting evey one as if it were of nation-wide importance. Why should I care if a crane collapses in Oklahoma?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been following this too. At first I thought it was just more attentionbeing paid to this type of event after the ones in NYC, but now I truly wonder.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are cranes collapsing at an alarming rate or is this just an example of media attention making something seem new.

Was there some regualtory change that allowed crane manufacturers or operators to take fewer or different precautions that are leading to this series of crane collapses?

Or are there no more collpases than there ever were, but now the news industry is just reporting evey one as if it were of nation-wide importance. Why should I care if a crane collapses in Oklahoma?

Not sure, but one has to ask. Most of the cranes are in south east Asia or India for the growth in industry. I wonder if that has put Older cranes into service longer here in the states?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, if heavy regionality is in evidence, you have to ask the hard questions about Health and Safety certification for all concerned. There's a reason why such things are rare events in England ... or they were ...

Latest Discussions