Whats up lately

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lately at dojang we have or should I say I have a schedule for the next weekends, this weekend is a social thing the baphtizing of the sabonim's new baby but on feb 28th I have a tournament, this time I will be a coach something I've never been, this will be my firts time as a coach and there is a possibility I will compete in poomsae in the masters class, something I've never done, the only competitios I went was kyorugy as a competitor, so I have no idea how it's gooing to be I mean coaching the kids and don't know how many masters categories will be in this tournament.
On march 7th we have kup tests I don't know who's coming to aply the test.

So basically these days I will honing Kungam and Taebeck for the tournament coming.

Manny

MAist25

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like a good time, I personally love Taebaek. Being a coach will be a very good experience too.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a good time, I personally love Taebaek. Being a coach will be a very good experience too.

Truth to be told even I put heart and soul in my poomsae I am not as good as I wish on it, I will try to improve it for the tournament I have a slight balance problem in kungam just with one side (when doing kungam makki/haktary sogui) and doing taebek my yoo chaguis are a little low but well I think competing in poomsae will be a nice thing to do. Somebody can tell me about the masters class? there are more than one master class? is about age? I am 47 so waht would be my masters group above 40? or what?

Manny

MAist25

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yea, I never really enjoyed Keumgang myself. To me, its a boring poomsae to perform, and I agree, it is difficult at times to balance. I much prefer Taebaek because it is a much more 'combative' form, in my opinion. But each form is meant to teach us something different, so we must not neglect the ones that dont excite us as much.

As far as the competition, I cant tell you about the masters class, I have no idea how they are organized but I would assume there would be different classes based on rank and age.

Latest Discussions