What'cha carryin'?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
In another analogy, I chuckle when people call magazines "clips" :)
Im guilty of that... I tend to use the terms interchangably even tho i know better.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
agatanai atsilahu said:
Sorry, I forgot to answer the why have one portion of your question. The answer is simply to not call attention to myself or location should I need to defend myself. That hard truth is I really prefer the option of avoiding law enforcement considering the laws favor the criminal more each year. Sometimes the tact. folder isnt the best option so its nice to have a quiet backup plan.
While perhaps going home and calling your attorney is an option for discussion. If you think you are just going to shoot somebody down and not report it at all, you are going to be in a heap load of trouble should the law find you (instead of vice versa) down the road.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
agatanai atsilahu said:
Sorry, I forgot to answer the why have one portion of your question. The answer is simply to not call attention to myself or location should I need to defend myself. That hard truth is I really prefer the option of avoiding law enforcement considering the laws favor the criminal more each year. Sometimes the tact. folder isnt the best option so its nice to have a quiet backup plan.

Not to hammer on you, but this doesn't seem prudent or useful for defensive shooting at all.

A

agatanai atsilahu

No problem, I dont feel hammered, I appreciate all viewpoints. Im kinda easy goin'. I suppose there is some validity to your position on its usefulness in defensive shooting or lack there of. If I were concerned about the police (no offense) I would never carry it. Here where I live their competency rating is low. Dont get the impression I disrespect law enforcement, I don't. I just think i'm trained better lol. ;)

Thanks for your posts, I enjoy the conversations!

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As far as sites, standard or other? Also, a lot of people tend to not like Glock because of the over-hype nowadays-is this true?

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No problem, I dont feel hammered, I appreciate all viewpoints.
Does this mean you'll answer my question now?

Also, a lot of people tend to not like Glock because of the over-hype nowadays-is this true?
I can only speak for myself. As I said above, they aren't bad guns, but I dont like them for me. Combination of aesthetics and ergonomics.

modarnis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
>>I can only speak for myself. As I said above, they aren't bad guns, but I dont like them for me. Combination of aesthetics and ergonomics.>>

I have to agree that Glock's asthetics leave me cold. The inspectors in my agency all carry Glocks. They love them. They cite lightweight, reliability, and never jamming as their reasons.

A

agatanai atsilahu

dearnis.com said:
So with the cost of a suppressed weapon, tax stamp, etc. you aren't worried about the years it could sit in an evidence locker following even a clean shoot? And the inevitable night)s) in jail following an incident while your lawer scrambles to demonstrate that the weapon was in fact legal?

Just asking.
Please accept my apologies, I didnt mean to ignore your question, I missed it is all. There is no cost to me for weapon supression. I am not worried, as I wouldnt report its use, clean or otherwise. I dont really care for lawyers, they seldom scramble. As for legal versus not legal, Id file that under "what weapon?" Once again forgive my rudeness I genuinely try to answer every question, Im new here and that one slipped by me.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Go ahead and lie to the police if you are ever involved in a lethal force encounter (hint:If they are questioning you that should be a red flag), especially avoid mentioning you were using a suppressed weapon to avoid having to report it...that should work out good for you. :shrug:

A

agatanai atsilahu

Tgace said:
Go ahead and lie to the police if you are ever involved in a lethal force encounter (hint:If they are questioning you that should be a red flag), especially avoid mentioning you were using a suppressed weapon to avoid having to report it...that should work out good for you. :shrug:
Thanks for the advice! I will try and remember to lie to the police whenever possible ;) . If I were being questioned by the police, that would be a red flag, are reasons just differ. I dont hold police in such high regard as perhaps you do. i hope I havent offended you, because even though you obviously took painstaking measures to mask your sarcasm, some of it seeped through. I certainly dont expect everyone to agree with my view, but please dont take it personally.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wasnt trying to mask anything. The little smirk face at the end indicates sarcasm.

Just some friendly advice to somebody who is on the road to turning even the most righteous of shoots into criminal charges.......

A

agatanai atsilahu

You may not believe it, but thanks for the advice. If there were more police like the ones you mention, there would be no unsolved gun deaths. Even assassins may have to seek other employment opportunities. Anyways, thanks again for the "friendly advice".

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK... O "fighting wiseman"

PS: the "trick" is right,right,left,up,down,A,A

red_faction.jpg

Latest Discussions