White Belt
Reaction score
1. Spyderco Persian - right pocket

2. Spyderco Delica - left pocket

3. Pepper Spray - left jacket pocket or rear left pants pocket

4. Neck Whip - around neck

5. Keating Stinger w/ LED light on keys

6. AA Mini Mag - back right pocket

7. Ontario "Fortress" Bagwell Bowie - right hip in a Southern Comfort IWB rig from River City Sheaths

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wife-Lady Smith 357

Me-I change like changing shirts.
Glock 20 or 22
Desert Eagle Mark VII
Colt 45/1911 (although a design by Browning)
S&W 357-686

A

agatanai atsilahu

Knife- Emerson Karambit
Firearm- Hk USP.45 compact tactical
Backup- Makarov .380 supressed

A

agatanai atsilahu

Sorry, I forgot to add, legal to own not to carry.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sharp Phil said:
...C'mon now, empty your pockets and your coats and let's see what you've got.

The fun part about being publisher of The Martialist is that my carry changes all the time. ;)

dailycarry01.jpg

Knife is Emerson Hard Wear Traveler

dailycarry02.jpg

Knife is Cold Steel Safe Keeper

dailycarry03.jpg

Knife is Ka-Bar Dozier Skinner
To heck with the knife...I like the Ruger...

A

agatanai atsilahu

Silencer and supressor are semantics they still are the same thing. Amagazine and a clip are completely different, calling a mag a clip, is either slang or lack of knowledge. It sounds like you know what your talkin about.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But does it actually or completely silences? :)

Another thing that gets my goat, like "Authentic...", is the over-hype of the "9". "9" this and "9" that. Given the muzzle energy in J, and the velocity in m/s, or bare/cloth gelatin for torso/penetration/wound, per science in kinetic energy, the "9" is almost rated as a .38+p+

People think that this is the most powerful handgun out there. Browning, if I am not mistaken, started the "hype" with its "double stack" style mag in the "High-Power". So people take that term out of context.

Whats more, if I am not mistaken, is that Browning had actually designed the Colt 1911-per se'.

Back on the "fad snare" setting again.

A

agatanai atsilahu

Rounds can be fully silenced down to hearing only the slide noise, or action of the metal. Small calibers are easier but I have silenced .45 rounds as well, you do however have to purchase sub sonic ammo for the more powerful rounds to stay quiet. Just so you know Im not a fan of "9's" either.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
agatanai atsilahu said:
Rounds can be fully silenced down to hearing only the slide noise, or action of the metal. Small calibers are easier but I have silenced .45 rounds as well, you do however have to purchase sub sonic ammo for the more powerful rounds to stay quiet. Just so you know Im not a fan of "9's" either.
Still sounds weird to call it a "silencer"...:)

Man, do I have some "family heirlooms"....

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
agatanai atsilahu said:

You actually carry your supressor?

Also...why have one?

Just curious...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Suppressors allow you to preserve your hearing in a tactical environment and aid in concealing your location from the BG. For general carry though, the added size and weight usually make it not worth the effort. Generally, when it comes to pistols as self defense tools, if you arent going to carry it, it isnt going to do you much good.

A

agatanai atsilahu

Tulisan said:

Also...why have one?

Just curious...
The most honest answer I can give is that I carry it about 50-50, or half the time. a lot depends on the circumstances or what im doing in particular at the time. To answer someone else, its not a burden on such a small weapon. The cooler custom loads in .380 are quite easily supressed with out to much bulk added to the weapon.

A

agatanai atsilahu

Tulisan said:

Also...why have one?

Just curious...
Sorry, I forgot to answer the why have one portion of your question. The answer is simply to not call attention to myself or location should I need to defend myself. That hard truth is I really prefer the option of avoiding law enforcement considering the laws favor the criminal more each year. Sometimes the tact. folder isnt the best option so its nice to have a quiet backup plan.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So with the cost of a suppressed weapon, tax stamp, etc. you aren't worried about the years it could sit in an evidence locker following even a clean shoot? And the inevitable night)s) in jail following an incident while your lawer scrambles to demonstrate that the weapon was in fact legal?

Just asking.

Latest Discussions