What would you do?

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
In another board that I frequent, there is someone that loves to attack me on anything personally that he can find. He in fact went as far as saying :
Now if I could just figure out how to make you permanently not respond.
What did I do? Nothing! I simply told that person that I was not going to lower myself to personal attacks on someone else's board. It was mentioned to him several times that he should leave those types of comments off of the public message boards, but he insists on attacking me.

What I fail to understand is why doesn't this person attack me in his own forum? Well he did, and then he wound up deleting all of that, but he goes into other forums and attacks me.

Now, I try my best to conduct myself as not only a Bona-fide Dan member in TSD, but as a mature adult. I have even made statements that as age creeps upon people they tend to change and mature. Why then does he insist on attacking me?

Well this person in question is banned from TSDU forum and his name can't even be typed in there. I don't feel that any martial arts has room for that type of hatred or biogtry.

But yet I get kicked out of the forum when I didn't start the problem nor did I add to the problem.

What should you have done knowing that no matter what you did - you would have gotten kicked out of it too? Would you just say "Well since I am going to be banned from the forum, I am going to give that person both barrells?" - or would you still have the maturity to face the situation and say "the arguement isn't worth it, and I am not going to waste my time arguing over simple matters"?

Opinions please?
Thank you

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, That sucks!!

You were obviously the bigger man in the situation, you should feel proud of your self for showing that type of self control.

(even if it would have felt good to give him and ear bashing!!)

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If I were you?

I would rejoice in my good fortune, for it was this experience that brought me closer to Martial Talk, and the wealth of good information that it provides. Now you may relax in the company of an intelligent and balanced online community, moderated by the most gifted and superior moderators that ever moderated.

:CTF:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Now you may relax in the company of an intelligent and balanced online community, moderated by the most gifted and superior moderators that ever moderated.

:CTF:
:wavey::cheers::ladysman::angel:

So true, Oh Great One, so true.

OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
I even sent the "administrator" of that forum a request in knowing why I was kicked out.... when I didn't start it nor engage in the altercation... he just said that he didn't want that on his board, and said to settle it - simply kick both of us out..

I asked him "What did I do?" .... and the funny thing is... I Made the darn board up for him...

Don't that beat all?

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah...aren't those situations great? Gotta love it. Don't do it again.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, or...not....

Actually, I'm just being a smartalec - I would kill them with kindness - thank them for removing you from what was obviously an unhealthy situation for you and for sparing the other readers the torment of reading this guy's tirade on you...and mention how happy you are on MT...and thank him again.

And I'm really very serious when I say "don't do it again." I have been in a similar situation and got nothing for it but a very important lesson.

Enjoy MT and, as the greatest most wonderul moderator in the world would say, HAPPY POSTING!

OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
The sad thing is that the person who "disabled" my account is one of my moderators in my forum...

1) I made the forum up for him at no charge - got put down to just a member
2) I made him a Global Moderator in my forum
3) Got kicked out of his forum because of some other a$$hole..

But you are all right in saying that there are so many other forums out there... why worry over one that I made for someone else......

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even if the guy's being totally unreasonable on the surface, he still must have some reason for acting out. Squelch that reason (whatever it is), and his fire'll be gone too. At the very least figuring out why he's being a first class brasspole will make it easier to ignore him because random agression's a much more disturbing concept to deal with.

OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
I wish it was random. Every chance he finds - whether it be something on my website that he wants to poke fun at, or just something in my past that he wants to dig up. This person is like a cancer and the odd thing is - he is a cop too.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn't mean random in that sense really. I was more wondering why he's seemingly elected to stalk you over the net out of all the potential people he could be annoying. He must have some kind of reason for doing so. (Even if he's just doing it to be a jerk, that's still a reason.) You don't seem to know why he's targeting you, so if you find out perhaps you can defray whatever emnity has cropped up from there. (Though that's not especially likely if he's a jerk, but at least you'd really know he was not worth your time.)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just let it go. I think if it wasn't for the fact you spent time setting up that forum for him, it wouldn't have bothered you as much. You are among us, so start over with some new friends!

:cheers:

- Ceicei

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
First I would hack into some government computers and cause him alsorts of problems.
nah to much work I'd just enjoy this place and say :2xBird2: to all else.

OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
he didn't go by the name "jerrylove" by chance?!
No...

But you all are right... I do have forums that appreciate the input that I can give.

Thank you all for the support...:asian:

Latest Discussions