What the human body can do: "Thanks, Superman!"

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No one really knows what the human body is capable of....

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/w..._kansasdadsomehowliftscaroff6yearoldgirl.html

Kansas dad somehow lifts car off 6-year-old girl

The Associated Press
OTTAWA, Kan. - A Kansas mother is praising a neighbor as "Superman" after her 6-year-old daughter told her he somehow found the strength to lift a car off her. The girl escaped with minor injuries after she and neighbor Nick Harris said she was pinned under the vehicle.
"He really is Superman," Kristen Hough, the child's mother, said Friday of Harris, the man she said saved her daughter, Ashlyn.
Harris, 32, said he doesn't know how he managed to lift the Mercury sedan off the child. The 5-foot-7, 185-pound Harris said he tried later that day to lift other cars and couldn't.
"But somehow, adrenaline, hand of God, whatever you want to call it, I don't know how I did it," he said.
..."I don't consider myself a hero at all," Harris said. "To me, it was payment enough when she gave me that huge hug and said, 'Thanks, Superman.'"

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's good.

I had an accident in my front yard a few years back, it took 11 of us to lift the front end of an over turned minivan.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That story brought tears to my eyes. Thanks, Bill!

Latest Discussions