What Religion??

S

Scout_379

nm quote edited out
icon11.gif

someguy, it was your quote! lol weird opinion!

M

Mark Weiser

Here is one for ya. I am a Ben Noachide, in Judaism, a Rightesous Gentile.

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Shogun, I'm very intrigued. Are you Japanese, or did you just stumble upon Shintoism and decide that it was what you wanted to practice?
I am half native american (Wyandotte, Koyukon, Alaskan eskimo). I grew up with mostly Shamanistic beliefs (G-dad inspired), but was drawn to shintoism about 3 years ago. I started practicing certain parts of shintoism about 2 years ago, at the Tsubaki shrine, in Granite falls, WA.

thanks

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Eastern Orthodox. (it's the oldest and most traditional branch of Christianity.)

Not to start a holy war, but that's debatable.

I'm a practicing psudo-Roman Catholic.

I guess I owe an explanation. I still go to a Roman Catholic church and I still follow the rituals, but I don't believe completely in some of the Vatican's choices, tenants and beliefs, most specifically that you have to believe in only their choices, tenants and beliefs. Basically I'm a free thinking Catholic that won't tow the party line because I believe I am an adult that can make my own decisions. I spent some time researching other beliefs and experiencing their worship practices, and to some extent I am a grand connectionist. I see them as the same with subtle unique differences.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not to start a holy war, but that's debatable.
:)

Allow me to rephrase - after the Great Schism (c. 1000AD), the Catholic church continued to evolve, continued on with the papacy, etc. Orthodoxy has remained remarkably the same since, oh, maybe the 4th or 5th century AD.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
:)

Allow me to rephrase - after the Great Schism (c. 1000AD), the Catholic church continued to evolve, continued on with the papacy, etc. Orthodoxy has remained remarkably the same since, oh, maybe the 4th or 5th century AD.

Good by me. :boing2:

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I like that term "spiritualist"

I don't conform to a religion, but have my own tenet of beliefs.

J

Josh

Joint Heir with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, no religion needed.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not sure what "joint heir" means. Do you consider yourself a Christian of some denomination or particular sect, or something else entirely?

Just curious.

P

PeachMonkey

Atheist.

Many of the world's spiritual traditions have valuable teachings, though, and studies of all religions are enlightening.

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Christian

I lean more to the Calvinist side although I'm not a true five pointer. A friend calls me some kind of name for it though.

Mark

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Even though their are several "brands" of religion, I like the definition given in the New Testament:

James 1:27: Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Regardless of our theology, I think the actions (of charity and love) are going to have more consequence than our particular faith.

Nevertheless, I am a Mormon.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Human.

-To me, when you strip away all else, you're left with being human. I like to study about other religions, but haven't found anything that I could believe in, or feel inspired to practice. Most of what I've seen out there is good, regardless of affiliation, although my mind has rejected a great deal of it in terms of a viable option for spiritual growth. Most religions do share the same values, so makes you wonder why we all can't get along.

-Walking my own path.

A---)

ninhito

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Roman Catholic would be the first organuzed christain religion then Eastern Orthordox or Coptic with the fall of the western empire of Rome.