What Religion??

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't think there's a name for it. Oddly, though, some guiding Shinto & shugendo thought (Hongwanji), as well as old animalistic shamanism (Great Uncle Walter, recently passed in WA). In our souls, we are divine. Stages of seperation secondary to limitations of perception cause us to superimpose interceding structures between us, and the percieved-as-seperate-but-not-really divine.

Divine = the progenitor of creation, made as a vehicle to expand on self-exploration. Creation = the mirror the creator gazes in to to learn about, and explore, all aspects of experience. No seperation or difference...just love looking at itself.

Lotsa argle-bargle; not much huffle-puff.

D.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not much into organized religion - more of a spiritualist.

G

Genin Andrew

I am a catholic. I also have a roots in Taoism as it is a big part of my art.Although not necessarily a "religion" so to speak The Tao still has a big influence on my spiritual side and development in martial arts.

I am also very interested in Shinto,although never practiced it i just like its "loose" structure and its great appreciation/worship of the natural environment.I think thats a great aspect of many religions that should be more strongly enforced.

S

Scout_379

No idea yet, but I lean more towards the asiatic philosophies
currently learning about buddism <---liking the concepts so far!

A

auxprix

Well, many would consider me an athiest, But that's not something I identify with. IMO, all religion has some good insight to offer. I believe that the general life lessons of all religion are largly universal. At the same time, I am unable to accept that there is a higher power.

I consider myself a christian who doesn't believe in divinity. I say that because I was raised christian, and cling to mainly those values. I've also learned alot from studying Buddhism.

Shogun, I'm very intrigued. Are you Japanese, or did you just stumble upon Shintoism and decide that it was what you wanted to practice?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Predominately Christian in my base beliefs but have interspersed my experiences with many different religions/faiths. I guess I'm a closet Buddihist because I identify so closely with many of their beliefs as well. I guess one could say that my Religion is like JKD of Theology, learning from each and finding the truths related to my own core/base belief system. Even studying Satanism for a VERY brief period helped me to see the dark so to compare it to the light and to know the differences in my heart/soul if the need arises.
I honestly did TRY being an athiest, but my own heart/soul tells me that it would be impossible for me to do so when I have seen/felt/acknowledged/experienced so much during my life's span on this earth... :idunno: what can I say?
a respectful :asian: to michaeledward
Because I hang out with them chances are that later this year I'll convert to Latter-Day Saint (Mormon --- take note of the spelling Gary), I've been lovingly called a dry-mormon for years. :idunno: wonder why? :D

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shesulsa I like the way you think! ;)

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eastern Orthodox. (For those of you saying, "Hhhhhhuuuh??", it's the oldest and most traditional branch of Christianity. You might see signs for Greek Orthodox or Coptic Orthodox or Russian Orthodox churches...etc etc etc.)

Latest Discussions