What is Your Real Age?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't these people know that the most recommended diet by doctors is now the South Beach diet?

Dunno... but I do know that quite a few diets "most recommended by doctors" are not particularly good for you; when I was 14, my doctor put me on a 1000 calorie/day diet - and it was only 1000 instead of 900 because I admitted to liking milk. Granted, it was 28 years ago - but severely limiting calories was the diet "most recommended by doctors" at the time, just as the Atkins Diet was the most recommended a few years ago, and fen-phen was "the cure for obesity" as prescribed by doctors a few years ago as well, along with countless others - so I tend to take that recommendation with a large grain of salt (okay, salt substitute :))

What's a DH? I tried to get it myself, honest :lol:

DH = Dear Husband

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Dunno... but I do know that quite a few diets "most recommended by doctors" are not particularly good for you; /quote]

I only said that to emphasize the point that red meat is no longer villainized the way it was in the '80s and '90s.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
DH = Dear Husband

Thanks Kacey :D Too much American League baseball for me I suppose, I thought it was 'designated hitter'. As you can well imagine, the context wasn't quite right for that one! :lol:

Anyway, I FINALLY got my answers back from this (never noticed the 'get your answers now' bit):

Calendar Age 46.5
Difference 4.1
RealAge 42.4

I guess I can party like it's 2004 this weekend :lol:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Classic card trick. Offer a "scientific" analysis of your lifestyle and pass back a random number. Meanwhile, they have your email, your age, your zip code, and a whole lot of information that you have given them.

In other words, you just participated in marketing research.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have about 80 email addresses, honestly ;) Most of them for just this sort of nonsense. Everyone should have a bunch of email addy's lying around.

I just noticed this bit thrown in at the end:

Consider these strategies for coping with stress:

Try yoga, tai chi, or chi-gong. Or just go for a walk.
:lol:

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have about 80 email addresses, honestly ;) Most of them for just this sort of nonsense. Everyone should have a bunch of email addy's lying around.
Yeah but make sure they're in an obscure folder where some hacker/phisher can't find them...

On my yahoo account I got some body trying to send something to e-mail addresses or whatever... trying to use MY address... I keep getting bounced messages on messages that I didn't send.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah but make sure they're in an obscure folder where some hacker/phisher can't find them...

On my yahoo account I got some body trying to send something to e-mail addresses or whatever... trying to use MY address... I keep getting bounced messages on messages that I didn't send.

I don't keep a list of them out on the internet, just in a notebook on my desk. :D Some I've had back as far as '88, from my comp.sys.Next days :lol:

I do see that on Yahoo as well on occasion. There are some great free email domains on Email Hell, though they aren't work friendly by any means. They do all work though ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calendar Age

Difference
+8.6

RealAge

In a word:
Crap

Constipation is especially aging,always good to have the bowels open regularly of course having the runs isn't too comfortable either.
One makes you thick headed, the other witless.

Latest Discussions