What is your plan for re-opening?

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't personally eat meat, but I don't make fun of people that do.

Whether people eat meat or not is not my business. But when people don't wear face mask around me, it can be my business, or even my family members business.

When I run, I keep dodging people who doesn't wear face mask. Sometime I just wonder whether my running exercise is worthwhile for the risk that I'm taking.

This is the issue. Until we understand that "one for all, and all for one", we are not ready to open our society yet.

Social distancing. People are 6 feet from everyone else anyways, and everyone I interact with is through a barrier.

You never wear a mask? If you go to the grocery store, or otherwise interact with people outside of the people you live with?

Same answer as above.

Well if you turn away someone with a temperature, then you stopped someone who is obviously sick. That is good. But you still got close enough to take their temperature. Which might turn out bad for you or for others who came to your school that day.

What do you do to determine those who are not yet showing symptoms? Or those who might never show symptoms? If those folks are infected, they are still highly contagious but nobody knows it.

How do you account for or mitigate that factor?

They have guns that you can use to check temperature from a distance.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For the first time in this whole thing I'm happy being in NY, knowing it's going down here, and we're still having restrictions.

Everyone I've talked to has said NY has it the worst. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

I have been so deeply impressed with Governor Cuomo. I watch his updates almost every day. That man is Presidential Material.

Can we please keep politics out of this discussion?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone I've talked to has said NY has it the worst. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

Ny does. But because of the restrictions, and then also because we had it bad earlier, we're on a downward trend while other states (including some that are reopening) are not

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Social distancing. People are 6 feet from everyone else anyways, and everyone I interact with is through a barrier.

Same answer as above.

They have guns that you can use to check temperature from a distance.
What kind of barrier? Everyone you interact with? Including those you pass on the sidewalk or in the grocery store aisle?

You can wear a barrier...

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What kind of barrier? Everyone you interact with? Including those you pass on the sidewalk or in the grocery store aisle?

You can wear a barrier...

We stand 6 feet apart. They limit the number of people in the store so we're never close enough. There is a glass or plastic barrier between myself and any workers. Those are the only people I interact with.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ny does. But because of the restrictions, and then also because we had it bad earlier, we're on a downward trend while other states (including some that are reopening) are not
If you remove NY and NJ from the equation, the rest of the nation on average is still going up. Some places more pronounced than others. NY and NJ may be the only places currently trending downward.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’m not talking politics. Cuomo has real leadership qualities. He would be an excellent president. But he isn’t running for president and has said that he has no interest. So it is moot.

But I am so impressed by him that I still think he would be an excellent president.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We stand 6 feet apart. They limit the number of people in the store so we're never close enough. There is a glass or plastic barrier between myself and any workers. Those are the only people I interact with.
But you walk by other shoppers. Everyone breathes and talks, some people cough, all of which launches droplets into the air. Do you believe that six feet is a magic number, beyond which you cannot contract the virus? Six feet and wear a mask.

Wearing a mask is more about protecting others. You could be infected and not know it, so you protect others from you. The mask disrupts your own droplets from being spread.

Wearing a mask protects you too: you could touch something with virus on it. The mask makes it more difficult to absent-mindedly touch your mouth or nose afterward.

Scribs, do the right thing and wear a mask when you interact with or pass near other people. Don’t be a vector.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why do you want to take more risk when there is no cure for corona-virus at this moment?

To prevent a problem from happening is better than to let it happen and then try to fix it afterward.
there winding it down here, things are quickly returning to normal, people wernt generally taking a lot of notice about distancing last week, its a lot less this week, it wont be happening at all next week. theres large groups assembling all over the place, even the supermarkets have given up on the idea of controlling how many shopper they allow in at once

ive paid no regard to it at all, but here i am just as healthy as i was before they started this nonsense

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But you walk by other shoppers. Everyone breathes and talks, some people cough, all of which launches droplets into the air. Do you believe that six feet is a magic number, beyond which you cannot contract the virus? Six feet and wear a mask.

Wearing a mask is more about protecting others. You could be infected and not know it, so you protect others from you. The mask disrupts your own droplets from being spread.

Wearing a mask protects you too: you could touch something with virus on it. The mask makes it more difficult to absent-mindedly touch your mouth or nose afterward.

Scribs, do the right thing and wear a mask when you interact with or pass near other people. Don’t be a vector.

one of the councils have carved 2 meter strips in to all the park land so that people who cant count to two know what distance they should be from each other

: Council ridiculed over 'bonkers' 2m social distance strips in grass

Attachments

• 0_grass-routes-ca-515977.jpg
    0_grass-routes-ca-515977.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 106
OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’m not talking politics. Cuomo has real leadership qualities. He would be an excellent president. But he isn’t running for president and has said that he has no interest. So it is moot.

But I am so impressed by him that I still think he would be an excellent president.

Talking about who should be President is the most political thing I can think of. I cannot think of a single way in which that is not a political discussion.

I can understand people misspelling my name when I say it to them...but it's right there in front of you to copy.

Walking around with a mask hasn't been required yet. If it is, either by the government, or by the establishment I am visiting, then I will wear one. As it is, I'm free to make my own decisions. And the decision I've made is that I'm not.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a topic that's so easy to turn political, let's please avoid that so it doesn't get shut down like the other covid threads ended up.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Talking about who should be President is the most political thing I can think of. I cannot think of a single way in which that is not a political discussion.

I can understand people misspelling my name when I say it to them...but it's right there in front of you to copy.

Walking around with a mask hasn't been required yet. If it is, either by the government, or by the establishment I am visiting, then I will wear one. As it is, I'm free to make my own decisions. And the decision I've made is that I'm not.
I don't think him nor me is telling you that you have to wear a mask. But you should, for the safety of those around you. Social distancing is not a 100% thing, and you may be spreading it without realizing.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is a topic that's so easy to turn political, let's please avoid that so it doesn't get shut down like the other covid threads ended up.
But anybody who thinks more for the people and think less for himself is a good presidential candidate. This is just common sense that has nothing to do with politics.

It's like when someone says, "MA style X is good because it has a clear path defined for the students to reach to their goal." When he says that, he is not style bashing, and he is not criticizing other MA systems.

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Where do you get your news? Do you listen to what the scientists and doctors are saying?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do they have face mask on?

Yesterday, I was running. A girl appeared at the corner. I immediately put my face mask on. After i passed the corner, I could hear that girl said something and was not very happy about my reaction.

Another day, when I ran, I met an old lady, After I put my face mask on, the old lady asked me, "Are you OK?" I didn't say anything, but I was going to ask her, "I'm OK, but how do I know that you are OK?"

When people move closer toward me without face mask on, I immediately step back. I don't think people understand that when I put face mask on, I respect that person and also that person's family.

I always put face mask on in the public. When people don't put face mask on, it bothers me big time.
You wearing a mask doesn't protect you from them, it protects them from you. If you are putting the mask on wearing it for a time, taking it off, and then putting it back on without sanitizing it and your hands then you aren't protecting yourself or anyone else but increasing the potential to spreading the virus 'if' you are carrying it on your mask. Also the mask is a 'recommendation' by the CDC for when a person is Covid positive and in a position to not be able to keep social distancing.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well if you turn away someone with a temperature, then you stopped someone who is obviously sick. That is good. But you still got close enough to take their temperature. Which might turn out bad for you or for others who came to your school that day.

What do you do to determine those who are not yet showing symptoms? Or those who might never show symptoms? If those folks are infected, they are still highly contagious but nobody knows it.

How do you account for or mitigate that factor?
Same way I mitigate for influenza, staph, and other viruses.

Latest Discussions