What is in your student manual?

Discussion in 'School Management' started by gpseymour, Dec 16, 2017.

1. gpseymour

gpseymour MT Moderator Staff Member

• Supporting Member
    Well done! If more of my consulting clients understood this, I'd have a much harder time finding work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. thanson02

thanson02 Blue Belt

Well I figured the logic was strait forward. "If I am going to have to go through this every few years, what can I put in place to streamline the process so I can focus on what I need to which is teach the students."

You could almost call me lazy if it wasn't for the amount of work you have to put in to get there. :p

3. gpseymour

gpseymour MT Moderator Staff Member

• Supporting Member
    You'd think it was straightforward, but I see clients with 25% turnover (have to replace 25% of staff each year) who haven't regimented the process.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. J. Pickard

J. Pickard White Belt

We don't actually have a manual, but we have everything and more that you mentioned available on our website under the "student resources" section that only our active students can access. We encourage all of our student's to start a martial arts notebook like a professional portfolio of sorts so they can look back on their training to see how far they have come and rediscover things they may have forgotten. We recommend they print out as much of the "student resources" material as they can to add to their martial arts portfolio.123