What gi do you wear?

S

shadowdragon

Not gi, but dobok, one from Ikara (Spain) and one from Kwon.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Since I'm a TKD guy I wear not a gi but a dobok. My favorite is the Adidas Taekwondo ribbed material dobok. Of all of the doboks in my closet, this one's the best. It's really comfortable, almost like PJs. Unfortunately, Adidas no longer makes them, they replaced them with the AdidaChamp doboks which, IMHO, suck... :shrug:

If anyone knows whom else makes a good ribbed dobok please let me know... :asian:

T

TKDman

I wear a white D'bok. According to my TKD packet, Korean people love to wear white. So, naturally it was the best (only) choice.

S

shadowdragon

In Taekwondo and Hapkido we are only allowed to wear the white dobok below the black belt level.

C

Cliarlaoch

It's white, and it has straps on the side to hold it together. Yeah... :p

Generally, Pro-force karate gis... although I prefer the heavier judo/jiujitsu gis since they can take more of a beating.

Often, though, when I'm working on my own or if I were to teach a class, I'd probably do without. I'm a bit unorthodox.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Often, though, when I'm working on my own or if I were to teach a class, I'd probably do without. I'm a bit unorthodox.

What a wildman!!! :D

As for me, I like the black Juka brand gis. I own one of their jujitsu gi, and two of the Juka Silvers. Excellent products. My oldest gi is a Tigerclaw, which doesn't really compare, but it gets pulled out every once in a while anyway.

Lamont

PS

Hey Hollywood, a size 3??? Your website makes you look taller. :)

M

Master of Blades

A black Dobuk which looks really cool with a white belt! :D

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm five eight and one forty five in full fighting trim. I wear my gi pants a bit short so they move easy in judo. Hope to see you at the Crew's tourney, I should be there. And thanx for visiting the site!

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Heavy Weight Judo or Ju-Jutsu gi's
2 Black HW Century
1 Black AWMA Judo
1 Black Krugan BJJ Gi
1 White Krugan BJJ Gi
1 Black Gameness BJJ Gi
1 Blue Gamness BJJ Gi

Can't have too many Gi's
Bob:D

E

Elfan

Usually something along the lines of the official "T-Shirt and Jeans gi" although I have a white gi with black pants for slightly more formal ocasions such as training at an actauly studio.

M

meni

1.century studets gi
2.ronin brand 14 oz
3.tokiado white hwy 12oz
4. and one black shureido hwy 12

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are my good ones:

I'll start with the ones I just bought (Juka Brand) and I'm impressed.

3- black Jukado primos (Jujitsu)
2- Black Juka Golds (Karate)
1 -white Judo Pro deluxe (Jujitsu)
2-white Howard Combat kimonos (Brazilian Jiu-jitsu)

Actually when I bought my Jukas I bought my wife and daughter each a:
Black Jukado Primo and Juka Diamond (womens cut karate gi)

If any of you go to juka.com, the quality is decent. In Jujitsu get the primo, the other is seriously too lite.

A

Angus

The one's I wear the most are:

Adidas blue "Champion" double weave Judo gi
Atama black gold weave BJJ gi
Atama white gold weave BJJ gi
White, cheapass dobok with white Atama's pants

I'm going to order either a black Krugans or Machado BJJ gi pretty soon. I'd rather have a Gameness, but I don't like the huge patches, and can't have them for what I'm using them for. I'm also going to order an Adidas Taekwondo dobok that's better than the one I was given (which feels like a cheap plastic bib). The one's that say Adidas on the legs and have Taekwondo on the back are the best ones by far, though a lot larder to find that their other uniforms.

Quite honestly, I would use BJJ/Judo gi's 100% of the time if I were allowed. I have probably 7-8 uniforms in all, but those are the only one's worth mentioning, and the only one's I really like training in. I love them.

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Hollywood1340
Personaly for me it's a Kwon Blue Judo Gi, size 3.

Size 3???? WOW!:eek:

I wear a size 6.5 or 7 depending on the brand.

As for style.........I wear our association uniform which is an uwagi and nobakama. (uwagi=jacket/top & nobakama=straight leg hakama).

In Our association everyone over shodan wears the above, they are all white, even the belt so you can't really tell who is what dan grade.

R

RyuShiKan

Some of the best gis I have ever owned came from the Shureido shop in Okinawa (not the one in Tokyo).
The Okinawan Shureido Karate gis are so tough they can be used for randori.
The major draw back is they are damn expensive.
About $300 a pop

M

meni

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Some of the best gis I have ever owned came from the Shureido shop in Okinawa (not the one in Tokyo).
The Okinawan Shureido Karate gis are so tough they can be used for randori.
The major draw back is they are damn expensive.
About $300 a pop

in the US the prices are much lower betwenn 170-200

Latest Discussions