What gi do you wear?

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Black size 7 Pro-force Judogi, $90 with shipping; regular training gear.

Black size 7 Tiger Claw Chinese style uniform, $30 with shipping; special occasion / taijiquan class gear.

J

Jill666

Size 4 black heavyweight gi- forgot the brand. I get rid of the labels- I like my gi clean. I'll wear the same one to extinction. I have my dojo patch & American flag patch, that's it.

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by meni
in the US the prices are much lower betwenn 170-200

Is that for the OKinawan Shureido or the one in San Fransisco?

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Black middleweight KI International. I find their middleweight gi to be as heavier than, say, a Century heavyweight gi.

Since I'm doing mostly FMA now, I just wear workout pants and a t-shirt. Paintball gloves every so often.

Cthulhu

K

Katie Simmons

When I have to wear one, it's a middleweight Kwon, size 4. I think it used to be black, but now it's sort of grey. I prefer street clothes. Gi's are like formal wear.

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Katie Simmons
When I have to wear one, it's a middleweight Kwon, size 4. I think it used to be black, but now it's sort of grey. I prefer street clothes. Gi's are like formal wear.

I noticed you are associated with Joe Lewis.........he used to be a student of my teacher.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wear the TKD dobok (white). Size 4. I like them baggy :D Except the Centry ones shrink. So I combined my old TSD Proforce brand pants with my TKD top. The Proforce brand don't shrink, so I don't look like I'm wearing "high waters (sp?)."

My Judo gi, I still have to order. Right now I wear a t-shirt and dobok pants for Judo. Perfect for just doin those dang breakfalls over and over ..... at least I'm comfortable with what I'm wearing ..... not with the breakfalls LOL ...... ouch.

S

Shinzu

i wear a pro force 14oz heavyweight midnight blue trimmed dobak. i like the heavyweight because it takes a beating.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Middle-weight black, size 6, black instep and shin guards and always a bandana of one sort or another.

C

Cliarlaoch

Originally posted by Blindside
What a wildman!!! :D

Er... let me clarify... by do without, I mean just comfy workout pants and a tee-shirt, as opposed to the gi.

Sorry, not walking around naked or anything.
:rolleyes:
That'd give people a scare.
:puke:

(j/k)

C

Cliarlaoch

Originally posted by Cliarlaoch
Er... let me clarify... by do without, I mean just comfy workout pants and a tee-shirt, as opposed to the gi.

Sorry, I ain't walking around naked or anything.

:rolleyes:

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Formal training:

Arnis gi top and bottom, size 6, black with red outline. The style of the top is a mixture of FMA style and Kung-Fu style uniform. School t-shirt. Rank belt.

Informal training:

School t-shirt and any of the gi pants below--
Pro Force 12oz. black karate, size 6
Atama black pants, size A4
Century Heavyweight Pro black pants, size 5
Century heavyweight Contact black pants, size 6

You all are right about Century's sizing...eveything fits differently.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
WTF Black v-neck dobok. I actually have about three of them, all exactly the same. I like the simplicity.

Never could figure out the reason for black or colored uniforms in Tae Kwon Do.:idunno:

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wear a black 12oz gi or a red 14oz gi, depending on what I am doing at the time. I wear the black for class, wear red when teaching.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
my schools policy is if its above 95 degrees(with humidity) its gi pants and tee shirt(summer time basicly) any lower and its a white gi~middle weight i think from choi brothers ??? but not sure lol i just give them the money when i need a new one

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All black: lighweight size 5 Bold wrap-around top, elastic waist pants or middleweight judo pants, draw-string pants. T-shirt under the top.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Size 3, White Student Judo Gi (drawstring pants) for Aikido. (Usually with the black hakama too.) I have 2 gi's. The first one is my favorite and I wish I could find the same brand, but can't. The second I got from Century.

Robyn :asian: