what does everybody think of flashy kicks?

OP
L

Littledragon

TKD USA said:
Well in a fight a spin kick won't be as fast as a regular kick but lets say you are in a confrontation and someone throws a right hook punch at me I would do a spin side kick better yet a left back kick to the gut to take him out. I have used this many times with positive endings.
I'd personally attack the legs first it is much safer because you never know who you are fighting against especially if he grabs your leg, but it all depends how good you are.
;)

Tarek

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Not too long ago I read an article on the internet from an australian newspaper about a guy who got in a fight outside a hotel (I think thats where the bar is in australian country towns) and threw a jump spin kick and killed the other guy. Probably his opponent was intoxicated, or hit his head on a curb or something, but it did happen. Been looking for the story since I saw this thread. Any australians know about this?

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
Not too long ago I read an article on the internet from an australian newspaper about a guy who got in a fight outside a hotel (I think thats where the bar is in australian country towns) and threw a jump spin kick and killed the other guy. Probably his opponent was intoxicated, or hit his head on a curb or something, but it did happen. Been looking for the story since I saw this thread. Any australians know about this?

I think this is what you're looking for. Link.

Here is a follow up...

and the result.

The guy in question apparantly had several previous convicions for kicking people in the head. Just goes to show that there are @rseholes in the MA family, too.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baoquan said:
I think this is what you're looking for. Link.

Here is a follow up...

and the result.

The guy in question apparantly had several previous convicions for kicking people in the head. Just goes to show that there are @rseholes in the MA family, too.

Interesting story. As its been discussed before, making sure that you're up to date on the self defense laws and making sure that you're not using excessive force are 2 very important things. Again, everything has its place, but did this situation warrant a kick to the head??

Knowing how to do the techs. is one thing, but knowing the results or effects of what you do is also important.

Mike

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
Interesting story. As its been discussed before, making sure that you're up to date on the self defense laws and making sure that you're not using excessive force are 2 very important things. Again, everything has its place, but did this situation warrant a kick to the head??

Knowing how to do the techs. is one thing, but knowing the results or effects of what you do is also important.

Mike

There are a number of stories floating around about the incident, but the prevailing theme is that the offender was not defending himself - he was looking for someone to knuckle. His previous two convictions for similar offences seem to back that story up. He's spending the next couple years away for it.

It seems he trained his kicks pretty well, but i wonder if he trained defence against a rear mount? :anic: