What color of gi do you prefer?

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wear either a blue top with black pants that have 2 thin blue stripes down the side
or
a red top with black pants with red stripes down the side.

I like those pants because they have cargo pockets on the sides. That used to bug me and I thought it was tacky, but I do so many seminars at libraries and demos at public places that I need a place to keep my wallet.

AoG

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jarrod, look online and you can find pink Gi's. There are some big girls around so I'm sure you can find a jacket that will fit ( for a while anyway), the pants are always too big. Tell people that " the blood ran".

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you want a pink gi it's easy enough to make one. Take a white or unbleached gi. Buy some color-fast cloth dye. Follow the instructions.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a black BJJ kimono but also 2 judo gi's, one blue and one white. Blue and white are required for judo comps and the only colours allowed as far as I know.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you want a pink gi it's easy enough to make one. Take a white or unbleached gi. Buy some color-fast cloth dye. Follow the instructions.

There's an even easier way.

Take a white gi.

Take a couple pairs of red socks, preferably new and cheap (Chinese dyes tend to run easily)

Wash together on your washer's hottest setting.

Dry.

Voila! Pink Gi :D

Koshou911

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I like white or blue.

I train in 2 different styles of Jiujitsu and have a gi in each of those colours so I am biased in my opinion, but I feel the white is the more traditional choice.