What book are you currently reading?

Oooh, I didn't know Shadow Puppets was out! Definitely need to look for that!

Blindside: I think I did read "The Hedge Knight" when it was first published. Martin needs to get on the ball and friggin' write.

Cthulhu

William Goldman's "Good Parts Version" of the Princess Bride which is, as I was told, better than the movie. Impossible as that may seem.

Harry Potter 3 and the Lord of the Rings will be next to bring me current prior to the film releases. I hope.

And the Bible of course.

I can't say "reading" because I didn't put it down and read it cover to cover this Sunday. Star Wars "Shatterpoint".

It's times like these that make me realize that my wife is right. I am a geek. When it comes to Star Wars stuff, I just can't get enough

Shatterpoint

I was at the library and found a new book. I love it so far. It's called "sensei" by John Donahue.It's a thriller.Someone is killing the great martial artists of America.In every case the modus operandi is the same and the only clue available is a cryptic message scrawled on the wall bearing the signature "Ronin"-the Japanese word for a masterless samurai.Check it out. I'm on page 63 and I can't put it down.

I merged in a separate post.

This has turned out to be a popular thread. For clarity I'm going to start three new threads for martial arts books, fiction, books and nonfiction books, so people can refer to the martial arts thread especially for suggestions.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

This is an old thread but:

Arnis - Reflections on the History and Development of the Filipino Martial Arts

Fit to Fight: by Jason Ferruggia
Stretching Anatomy: by Arnold G. Nelson & Jouko Kokkonen
Men's Health Best, Sports injuries Handbook: N/A
Nutrition for Dummies: Carol Ann Rinzler
Coaching Kids for Dummies: Rick Wolff
Teaching Martial Arts: Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression by Amity Shlaes.

The Irrational Atheist by Vox Day.

The Minds Journey into God by St. Bonaventure.

Pax,

Chris

Needful Things - Stephen King. Just adore this author! He is best in the field of horror!

God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert

From Secularism to Jihad: Sayyid Qutb and the Foundations of Radical Islamism by Adnon A. Musallam

and wading my way through
The Theory of Moral Sentiments by Adam Smith

Needful Things - Stephen King. Just adore this author! He is best in the field of horror!
If you like your stuff really weird and creepy you should check out your favorite horror writer's favorite horror writer, H.P. Lovecraft.

F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
F. Nietzsche - Antichrist

The Venetian Betrayal by Steve Berry

I pick up one of Mr. Berry's books at work one night and am hooked on his writing.

Back