what are you?

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sitting on a long dock that reaches way out into the water, hearing the waves break against the pillars. Casting a good spincaster fishing rod out of a Bass boat in the middle of the lake on a cool September aftternoon. Walking the mowed wheat fields of the of my family farm in and wading in the creek in late summer below a huge wide open sky. All these things make me feel so small but also connected to the universe.

Lori

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I`m originally from the great lakes area of the US, (just outside Toledo Ohio) so lakes,rivers, and forests do it for me. Now I live in the mountains at a ski resort in Japan. I love the views. Weh have great forests full of pimes and Birch and wide open views. No rivers of any size though. We`re about 2 hours from the ocean, so I`ve learned to enjoy it too. But I`ve discovered that I like the ocean when I`m on it, but not when I`m on the shore looking out. It just seems too vast and empty, like I`ve reached the end.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer sitting on the Pacific, bobbing like a cork with a scoop of bait in the bait tank on the front side of Catalina Island, upper west end by the shear cliffs, watching the eagles and maybe catching some fish. If not, it' all good too!

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I like the rolling feilds of Middleberg, Va.

We always go into Middleberg for lunch after hiking Sky Meadows. Very nice out there.

For me, though, it's all about water. Rain makes almost any place more palatable for me. And being on or near a large body of water is great too.

Put me next to the Atlantic in a rain storm, and I'm all set. (Just like last August, when we arrived in Biddeford Pool, Maine, in a strong storm.)

Was in Seattle a couple of months back. Went kayaking in the Puget Sound in the rain. Pretty much perfect.

Stuart