Well, I mailed out my ballot

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Washington is completely mail-in balloting, and I received mine yesterday, completed it and dropped it back in the mail. So, for what it's worth, I'll share who I actually voted for:

President: I voted for Obama/Biden (Democrat)
Governor: I voted for Rob McKenna (Republican)
Congress: I voted for Dave Reichert (Republican)
Senate: I voted for Maria Cantwell (Democrat)
I-502 (legalize marijuana): I voted in favor of legalization
I-1240 (Charter Schools): I voted in favor of charter schools, although I frankly have several misgivings about the entire thing.
I-1185 (2/3rds vote to raise taxes): I voted in favor, although this marks the first Eyman bill I've ever supported.
R-74 (Same Sex Marriage): I voted in favor of the law to recognize same sex marriage.

There were some other votes, for treasurer and such and I voted mostly Republican.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I voted mostly Dem. but did choose the GOP candidates for attorney general and supt. of public instruction. Let the better candidate win!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No matter whom you vote for, thank you for exercising your right to vote. It's how our system has to work.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No matter whom you vote for, thank you for exercising your right to vote. It's how our system has to work.

I feel the same way. I want to do the right thing but... it's hard to make sense of this political crap. I've blocked out time tomorrow to deal with this and hopefully make an educated decision.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll be sending mine in today. Voted mostly Dem, but many of the offices were being run for unapposed by dems, like country sherrif and such. That and one of the races was McCaskill vs Akin, so for me that was a no brainer.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Obama will also carry Washington without a problem. But I predict a lot of split ballots. If Obama takes Washington by less than 10 points, I think that McKenna, the republican, wins governor. Haven't had a republican in that seat since I was a teen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I bought my condo, I went to the closing with the sellers and did all the usual paperwork. After the paperwork was done and the banker went on her way, I asked the former owners where I would go in order to vote. They seemed pleased that I asked...and the real estate agent said that was the first time such a question came up at closing.

I guess I was kind of surprised to hear that. Certainly it's nothing I couldn't have found out with a trip to city hall but in a city with 9 wards and a state that permits walk-up registration on election day, it just seemed easier to find out which school it was and go.

I haven't voted yet. A joke among some of my fellow sign-wavers is "Of course New Hampshire has early voting, our polls open at 6am" :lol:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
President: Mitt Romney (Republican)
US Senator: Elizabeth Emken (Republican)
State Senator: Bob Huff (Republican)
Congress: Ed Royce (Republican)
State Assembly: Curt Hagman (Republican)
Measure 34: Yes (Repeals death penalty)
Measure 36:Yes (Lighter penalty for 3rd strike offense depending on severity of crime)

I don't usually vote Republican across the board. It just turned out this way. I always vote for the cadidate and not the party. I considered Obama but Biden on the ticket nixed it.
I've had a change of heart on the death penalty and 3 strikes law. I must be getting soft :) I have very mixed feelings regardiing this.
I won't bore you with my choices on the other measures.

Latest Discussions