Weekend Seminar Mike Cappi's America Karate

OP
G

GouRonin

I have been to many of Mike Cappi's camps and consider them some of the best ones in Northeastern USA. I regularily went to them in the late 90's.

As for the other question, EPAK politics and I have alway had a rocky relationship. But, I am a hothead and often bring trouble upon myself when I should just keep my mouth shut so I am to bear some of the blame. I should not have said I have trouble with the art itself. Just politics.

However, my friend Jaybacca assures me that his school is going to be a politically free as it can be and I am working on just shutting the hell up when someone says something that I think is stupid.

So we'll see how that goes.

If you get a chance at the camp say hi to Zach Whitson. I consider him to be like my older brother. You might want to see some of his knife work as he owns and operates "Iron Mountain Knives"
http://members.tripod.com/~russianmartialart/ironmountainknives.html
I would also suggest you pick up his Kenpo Counterpoint video.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
hey Gou...remind of what the best way to get ahold of those counterpoint videos is again...

i never got around to ordering them the first time you posted about it and i want to check them out.

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by tarabos
hey Gou...remind of what the best way to get ahold of those counterpoint videos is again...
i never got around to ordering them the first time you posted about it and i want to check them out.

You can go to the webpage I have set up for Zach at:
http://members.tripod.com/~russianmartialart/whitson.html

You can order the video direct from him if you like. Tell him that his little brother Dougie from Canada sent you and you want to buy his video.
:cheers:

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jas0n
Cool, Ill see you there.

Jason,

I apologize for not responding sooner. I just wanted to say I look forward to seeing you at Mr. Cappi's as well. I think it is really going to be the best time yet.

Till then, take care and good journey!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
I just wanted to say that guys like Sandor and Steph, Josh and even you Jason give me a lot of hope for Kenpo. I don't say thank you a lot but I'm saying it now.
:iws:

GouRonin,

Good evening! I apologize as well for not responding sooner, but I just wanted to thank you for your kind comments and I hope that you do get the chance to make it back to Mr. Cappi's in the near future.

I understand that there are a lot of expensive events going on this spring and summer... if only money grew on trees and we could go to them all!!

Anyway, I hope all is well sir and take care.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sandor
Well, some folks mileage may vary :rofl:

Jason, my wife and I travel quite a bit to train. Two of our regular haunts are Cappi's Spring Camp and the Louisville camp. I' m not hard to spot in the crowd... Just look for the metal head in the tattered red gi top followed around by the semifamous 'black hearted evil *****' :asian:

Josh, look forward to seeing you again. Last year rocked! I was hoping Gou and co would be there... I had a lot of fun working out with them in philly too though they got a funny take on training blades yuk yuk :)

Peace,
Sandor

Sandor,

How are you sir?! I apologize for not responding quicker... I just wanted to say I look forward to seeing you and Steph at Mr. Cappi's in April as well and the best is I am turing 21 finally!!

See you there and till then I wish you the very best!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by True2Kenpo
GouRonin,
Good evening! I apologize as well for not responding sooner, but I just wanted to thank you for your kind comments and I hope that you do get the chance to make it back to Mr. Cappi's in the near future.
I understand that there are a lot of expensive events going on this spring and summer... if only money grew on trees and we could go to them all!!
Anyway, I hope all is well sir and take care.
Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

Yeah, there are a lot of things and to do them all is expensive. Especially with the exchange rate. So I have to pick and choose and plan carefully.

Hope all is well with you Josh. You're a hardworking guy. EPAK needs more of guys like you.

OP
S

Sandor

beware highjackers... we are flying to philly and nothing can stop us!!!

OP
S

Sandor

Who else is going now that the days are drawing much nearer?

Any of you guys/gals live in philly?

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

Who else is going now that the days are drawing much nearer?

Any of you guys/gals live in philly?

Larry and I should be in Kansas City June 13th thru 15th

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

OP
S

Sandor

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
Larry and I should be in Kansas City June 13th thru 15th

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

huh? what did that have to do with the cappilicious time that we are going to be having at mike cappis' cappi camp in April?

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
huh? what did that have to do with the cappilicious time that we are going to be having at mike cappis' cappi camp in April?

Sandor,

Great to hear you guys are stilling coming up to PA!!! It is going to be an awesome time, or in your words a CAPPILICIOUS TIME!! :)

I hope all is well and have a safe trip. Till then, good journey sir.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

OP
S

Sandor

Cool Josh, I look forward to cappi camp. Though I cannot take credit for the term 'Cappilicous' you guys can thank Dennis Kelly for that one :)

Steph got us tickets at a good enough price that we decided not to take the van. I can't wait... been a while since I was at a Kenpo camp.

Peace,
Sandor

OP
B

Billy Lear

NEXT TIME ANY OF YOU GUYS SEE MIKE CAPPI ASK HIM ABOUT WHAT HE DID WITH BUG CATCHER BARBIE... HE'LL UNDERSTAND. :cool:

sumdumguy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just an observation! Funny that five six years ago no one was even talking about contact manipulation and suddenly everyone is talking about it and teaching it. How did this happen? Really am curious to know....
Curious:confused:

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
hey there sandor dougie won't be making it this trip but the jaybacca will with tim hartman and ame(a friend you will meet).look forward to meeting josh and jason and seeing satan himself opps that is sandor wow they look alike.i will be bringing my trainers so if you would like any or want something made don't let fear hold you back.
later
jay
:asian:

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

I just wanted to say that Mr. Cappi's Street Fighting Camp 2003 this past weekend was of course awesome!!!

As I look back on the weekend, I realize the fruits that have grown from these great camps year after year... one of course is the great instruction from top Kenpo Instructors (Mr. Planas, Mr. Trejo, Mr. Parker Jr., Mr. Whitson, Mr. Wheeler, Ms. Cogliandro, Mr. Kongaika, and Mr. Cappi).

But even more the great friendships that have been established and continue to grow. Friends that would be there for you and that also teach you new avenues to explore.

I personally, just wanted to say thank you to all of those people (Mr. Parker Jr., Mr. Whitson, Mr. Wheeler, Sandor, Stef, Derek, Fileti, James, Jason... just so many!) And I also wanted to mention that this is one of the many reasons why Kenpo is so great!

Hope all is well.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
I just wanted to say that guys like Sandor and Steph, Josh and even you Jason give me a lot of hope for Kenpo. I don't say thank you a lot but I'm saying it now.
:iws:

Hey! What about me:wah:

Latest Discussions