Shot from todays morning shoot.

Attachments

• $web_3055.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 252

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ack! On-camera flash! Get that flash off to the side where it belongs!

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
That your wife? Don't think composition got the scene and her totally, she's on the side of the picture with all the action, she's leaning on trees, trees in the background yet on the other side the trees taper off. I think her sitting in the grass closer to the left almost near the end of the shadow. To my eye with the diminishing trees leading up to her, then the last tree that. Almost seems the focus of the picture on the tree makes my eyes slide off the picture, it's kinda leading.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Naw, new model named Beth I shot yesterday.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like the idea, but for that kind of pose, I'd rather see her (or someone) in a long, flowing dress. Something fuller and more dramatic. The shorter dress to me looks a little awkward. Maybe standing up and leaning against the tree in some way would work better?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Naw, new model named Beth I shot yesterday.

Bob if you keep shooting your models you will not get anymore to let you take pictures of them. ;)

In General, I like the color, but it almost seems with the bright background that it is was overlaid.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
no overlays, cloned in some grass, bout it. plus the post work.

Matthew McMullen

Green Belt
Reaction score
The picture is nice but the way the Model is framed in it the trees in the background draw your eyes away from the Model.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No wonder she's leaning against a tree, she probably can't stand for long on those teeny tiny feet.

I know it's camera perspective distortion, but for some reason it bugs me.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can see and comprehend what you are trying to accomplish. But I would have to agree upon the posing could use a bit... tweaking, i.e. she needs to be a bit more relaxed as if exhausted from a long ordeal of waiting or running away from danger (i.e. she's being threatened, white knight arrives to confront the threat and tells her to run-away while he fights off the threat, she flees the area to a place of safety, bla bla bla). The dress is a bit harsh but you work with what you have... so it's fine.
The model could've been not looking directly at you but off to your shoulder as if she's heard something (distant hoofbeats) and thus has her head turned towards the sound.
If the idea is that YOU are the white knight (not you personally Bob, the viewer) then her expression would need to be anything but what it is now... which I read to be, "where the hell have YOU been?" or "it's about fricken time!!" :lol:
The position of the model is fine where she is at, IMO. I would use some soft filtering to give it that dreamy quality and I would also support Bill's ack on the harsh flash... diffuse it and you got it.
:asian:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nah.... take another look at her attitude and expression. That damsel's waiting for a Black Knight....she likes the feudal bad boys.....:knight2:

Latest Discussions