Virginia to ban all forms of self defense

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I dont remember us ethnically clensing millions of Jewish people, or perhaps in your opinion that was fake history too. I agree with you on how the British people where treated by the governments back then, and I agree Capitalism is not perfect, but you are incorrect on the independance quote, it was until a mr Tony lets shaft the electorate Blair, gave away too much power to the EU, which is controlled by big business. I am fully aware of what our ancestors did in the name of the empire, using our navy to make people comply, and its not domething I wish to happen again, what needs to happen is our parliment needs to decide on where our money goes, and not treat people like the miners as they did, once the backbone of the country, then basically dumped for cheaper imports, and nothing to replace the work apart from paper hat jobs (would you like fries with that), and no investment at all into these areas, left to rot basically, not just the miners though, look whats happened to our industries, steel, motors, shoe making,fishing, all put on hold for the better of other european countries, this is why most voted to leave.
were talking about two different things, im talking about independence and the treatment of UK subjects, the treatment of peoples of the empire is a separate issue for the purpose of this discussion

But there was an awful lot of sympathy for the nazis idea during the 1930 in this country, hell even our own king was a natsi sypatheriser.

There was a concerted campaign to start a eugenics program, that consisted at least at first of forced sterilisation of the poor and the mentally ill and the disabled , ( its difficult to know how far they would have taken it) supported by an awful lot of the british establishment including our much revered mr churchill. all of which has been somewhat airbrush from history

It came with in a few votes of being voted into law, So we were a mere fraction from following the germans down their aryan ideal of selective breeding. in fact we thought of it first

There was of course an unofficial Eugenics program running well into the 1970s., were poor women and the mentally ill and the disabled were having their tubes tied so they couldn't have ( or indeed any children) more children.

but then again the american were dragging hill billies of the streets and sterilizing them to remove the bad genes again into the 1970s so the ideas far from died with the end of the third reich

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This thread is really starting to piss me off.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ive reference three seperate american wars on three separate occasions in three separate contexts im not mixing anything up

i do call it the war of independence, where you call it the revolutionary war, perhaps that's whats confusing you /?
In this context war FOR (not of) independence and revolutionary war are interchangeable terms.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Buka’s gettin’ pissed boys, and that takes some doin’ ... so let’s roll it back a bit and settle down. Like the sayin’ goes, “Beware the wrath of a patient man”.

BTW, call it the Revolutionary War, the War of/for Independence, The American Revolution
... heck I’ve heard all those and it’s the same thing. Any way you say it, those Colonists were revolting! :p

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Buka’s gettin’ pissed boys, and that takes some doin’ ... so let’s roll it back a bit and settle down. Like the sayin’ goes, “Beware the wrath of a patient man”.

BTW, call it the Revolutionary War, the War of/for Independence, The American Revolution
... heck I’ve heard all those and it’s the same thing. Any way you say it, those Colonists were revolting! :p
i know the americans like to make a big thing out of defeating the british, hell its the only war they have ever won without outnumbering the enemy 2 to one.

but the subtext is a bit more interesting, mad king george who was quite mad, could see no good reason, to waste time, money, lots of money and effort to send reinforcements 2000 miles to fight for for a god forsaken wilderness on the edge of civilization that was not sending much revenue, when he already had or soon would have the rest of the globe at his finger tips. so didn't and of course you lot won, or rather we just gave up and went home.

if mad king george had not been quite as mad or penny pinching then we of course have quelled the uprising and gone back to collecting taxes for king george.

its hard to find another episode of madness in the history of the world that changed the history of the world so much, not even napoleon invading russia in the winter comes close

though the french selling louisiana and the russians alaska deserve an honourable mention

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well not here its not, its called the american war OF independence, and as it was half our war we can call it what we like
i know the americans like to make a big thing out of defeating the british, hell its the only war they have ever won without outnumbering the enemy 2 to one.

but the subtext is a bit more interesting, mad king george who was quite mad, could see no good reason, to waste time, money, lots of money and effort to send reinforcements 2000 miles to fight for for a god forsaken wilderness on the edge of civilization that was not sending much revenue, when he already had or soon would have the rest of the globe at his finger tips. so didn't and of course you lot won, or rather we just gave up and went home.

if mad king george had not been quite as mad or penny pinching then we of course have quelled the uprising and gone back to collecting taxes for king george.

its hard to find another episode of madness in the history of the world that changed the history of the world so much, not even napoleon invading russia in the winter comes close

though the french selling louisiana and the russians alaska deserve an honourable mention
Let's be real, you got your assed kick because your next door neighbor saw the wisdom in helping us out.
Your impression of what happened is a deluded. Well, that is true for most all your posts.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let's be real, you got your assed kick because your next door neighbor saw the wisdom in helping us out.
Your impression of what happened is a deluded. Well, that is true for most all your posts.
i didn't get my *** kicked i wasn't there and honestly care little, it rather the loss of americans that they were not ruled by the british, left to their own devices they went from barbarism to decadence without the usual intervening period of civilization

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i didn't get my *** kicked i wasn't there and honestly care little, it rather the loss of americans that they were not ruled by the british, left to their own devices they went from barbarism to decadence without the usual intervening period of civilization
I couldn't click two but, that was not funny, it was absolutely hilarious. I an needing the good laughs right now so keep them coming.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I couldn't click two but, that was not funny, it was absolutely hilarious. I an needing the good laughs right now so keep them coming.

I find Jobo hilarious too. But that doesn't make him wrong.

The Brits didn't fight us all out when we revolted. Not with total brutality like Sherman's march to the sea in the Civil War. And they didn't feel like they had to. Story I got is they felt they could bide their time and settle this later... say around 1812. Trouble is that we got stronger, and world affairs (like Napoleon) kept the Brits busy until it was too late to hazard a war of reunification.

Another thing. Without dissing the founding fathers... they were indeed a pretty amazing bunch, but what if we had never fought the Revolutionary War? Would we have ended up like Canada. Would we BE Canada? Heck, I really like Canada. That doesn't seem so bad to me. And just imagine if Canada included us, it wouldn't even be that cold! Now that sounds even better. But what do I know? ....I'm just pondering aloud. :)

Mitlov

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what you get when you start your day with tea instead of coffee

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to sit back and break open some pop corn.

giphy.gif

You can have some of mine.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, and BTW 'm always amused that you, and a lot of other people i run across from the UK, Canada and down under, actually have a better grip on how the US political and legal system works than a lot of my countrymen do.
Movies and television have something to do with that.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Movies and television have something to do with that.
what and nothing to do with american average iq not being in the world's top 20 ?

to be fair it is higher than sierra leone and to be even fairer massachuits on its own would be in the top ten, perhaps they should consider ditching the rest of you

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And, yeah, massachuits is high because they had to spell massachuits growing up.

(I have a Holiday themed rim shot in my had right now. Silver bells...and by cracky, I think I hear an oboe).

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
what and nothing to do with american average iq not being in the world's top 20 ?

Do you mean IQ ...or level of education. A lot of old ideas about IQ testing have been discredited. So I don't think we (the people of the USA) are a nation of retards. Ignorant, sure, but retards?

Of course if you are right, I'll be the last to know! :p

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do you mean IQ ...or level of education. A lot of old ideas about IQ testing have been discredited. So I don't think we (the people of the USA) are a nation of retards. Ignorant, sure, but retards?

Lol not quite sure at how to take being called stupid American. I don't know if I should be angry or sad that other countries follow the US lol. If Americans have A low IQ then that doesn't say much about the rest of t he world..

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

a lot of it in its infancy was social darwinism, just manipulated to give the results they wanted, i remember I read of one test in sub saharan africa, where the participants were instructed to pick up their pencil, but they have never seen or heard of a pencil before ( they used chalk and boards) they did quite badly in the test, so there can be cultural or social or gender bias in them, unless you work very hard to remove them

there after there a strong correlation between IQ and education level, A higher IQ allows you to progress further, a good education increase your problem solving skill and thus you effective IQ

Places like sierra leone have a low IQ, not because there inherently less able, just its a god forsaken place with little formal education and even at its most basic taking iq tests if you cant read or do basic maths is quite difficult. So one way or another its a commentary on a country

you could take it to show how clever the people of your country are? or conversely you could use it to indicate how many people are being failed by the education system

Last edited: