video clip of assault

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many people today just don't want to get involved, and in many cases, I can't blame them. Many fear retaliation for getting involved, reporting an incident, etc. and that is probably the main reason people keep to themselves. Then you have the other group of people that report an incident, but want to remain anony.

I suppose you can't blame people for not stepping in. Here, you have a very large, enraged man and his GF, who is also enraged. Someone stepping in, could have also been on the receiving end of his assault.

The guy that got hit did not appear to be aware of what was going on, because when this womans BF confronted him, he was looking down at his cell, completely unaware of his surroundings. It also seems like nobody, especially the employees of the pizza place, made any attempt to call the police.

Mike

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
Many people today just don't want to get involved, and in many cases, I can't blame them. Many fear retaliation for getting involved, reporting an incident, etc. and that is probably the main reason people keep to themselves. Then you have the other group of people that report an incident, but want to remain anony.

I suppose you can't blame people for not stepping in. Here, you have a very large, enraged man and his GF, who is also enraged. Someone stepping in, could have also been on the receiving end of his assault.

The guy that got hit did not appear to be aware of what was going on, because when this womans BF confronted him, he was looking down at his cell, completely unaware of his surroundings. It also seems like nobody, especially the employees of the pizza place, made any attempt to call the police.

Mike
This is sad but true. The concept of sacrifice and risking personal loss in order to defend one's freedom is nearly gone. I'm not talking about going to war in another country, but rather deciding to clean up one's streets and neighborhoods. Allowing the criminal to win and, in effect, rule the streets. We stand by and tell them, "You're right. Go ahead and do what you want to here." These type of vermin only do what they do because they know that there is no imediate price to pay for it. If every time some piece of scum like those in the video tried to do this they got beat down by those standing around, it wouldn't take very long for it to stop. We sell our souls an inch at a time and one incident at a time. First they beat up the guy next to you. Next it's your turn.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My 2 cents...

1) I HATE that attitude, you know the one that says "Im entitled, so to hell with the line, Im goin first"... its made even worse when, the dumb... female dog in heat... was wrong but got her Boyfriend to kick the crap out of the guy.

HOWEVER

2) The Guy probably thought he was being clever, mouthing off on his cell phone about how it was gonna take longer because someone cut into the front of the line... as Shihan Ed Martin always tells us: "Discourtesy is not a Survival Trait". The guy could have been more patient and less snide. Ive been there... and while its tempting to mouth off, it does no good.

And finally:

3) I would have grabbed a chair and beat the crap out of that chicks Boyfriend with it... because "Officer, I swear I thought I saw a knife in his hand and thought he was killing that guy!"

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Good punches, but I would have had to of jumped in but not everyone has that mentality
Really?? I thought his punches were pretty wild.....they didn't look skilled like Tysonesque type punches. They looked like some big dumb thug that is used to using his size to his advantage. They were effective...but then "sucker punches" usually are.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
1) Fat, out of shape thug. Big, slow punches. Guys easily 360 plus. White guy should have ran. 2) I'd have probably punched the woman as hard as I could for starting it. Guy might still have kicked my butt, but at least i'd have had the satisfaction of breaking her jaw.
1)Agreed, but I think if a big thug like that was in my face I would have gotten off my damn cell phone and paid attention to the problem at hand.

2( Not sure I would have done that.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
My 2 cents...

1) I HATE that attitude, you know the one that says "Im entitled, so to hell with the line, Im goin first"... its made even worse when, the dumb... female dog in heat... was wrong but got her Boyfriend to kick the crap out of the guy.

HOWEVER
1) Unfortunately I have to deal with people like the woman and her boyfriend quite often.

I work on a military base and for some odd reason many spouses of military members think their spouse’s rank carries over to them and also carry over to the civilian part of the base.

I had a woman come in my office and started going through my office space looking for an appointment book while I was away at the head. When I came back she was standing there holding the file that actually had other people confidential info in it. I asked her what she was doing and what gave her the right and she said she needed it. I told her she shouldn’t go through other people’s desks and I doubt she would like it if I came to her office and did the same thing. She got pissy with me because her hubby was in charge of “Protocal” on base. She left and came back about an hour later with hubby in tow and he started to get in my face and said “you and me we’ll talk later”. So I asked him “is that a threat of physical violence”.

He said “take it any way you want it”…..I said “OK”…picked up the phone called the MPs and told them to remove a dirt bag from my office. They came over and threw him out.

Later I found out he hit an enlisted man in his office and was carted off to jail for the night.

This guy is the head of “Protocol” on base, slugged a soldier while at work and spent a night in jail for it and still remains at his job.

Gray Phoenix

Green Belt
Reaction score
After the first shot, I don't think that the victim could have done very much. That was a pretty devastating blow. This clip is excellent confirmation that awareness is crucial to personal safety
That first punch ended it. Everything else was just for show.

This is the most important thing martial arts has taught me. We have had many peopel come in to our dojo and think that we can predict the sucker punch, or levitate out of the way. Situational awareness, and training/trusting the hairs on the back of your neck or whatever else you want to call it, is the only thing that will really help you when things go bad. in the heat of the moment, you may panic, your technique may be off, but being aware of your surroundings and peoples behaviour will compensate for most of that by telling you when to bug out.

So whats the solution? :idunno:

People will blame society for raising this kind of person, then complain about what a sad society we live in. I'm sure that society has influenced him, how could it not. I grew up in the same society and have never done anything like this to anyone. (although sometimes I think I should have). So society cant take all the blame or an equal share. Otherwise, a majority of people would be like this. It is the family, and the INDIVIDUAL that must take responsibility for that INDIVIDUALS actions.
I prefer to to look at the majority of hard working people who take care of their own, and regard our society with pride. I find I'm much happier this way. It doesnt pay to be a "vicitcrat".:p

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Really?? I thought his punches were pretty wild.....they didn't look skilled like Tysonesque type punches. They looked like some big dumb thug that is used to using his size to his advantage. They were effective...but then "sucker punches" usually are.
I agree what I was trying to say was that punches were effective and took out the individual rather fast. So by good punches I mean effective (in this case) I do agree with you on this however.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Actually, I personally blame a certain segment of society for these problems. That being our judicial system. We have all seen or read reports of victims being sued by the transgressor and the victim loses in court. How many times have we also heard of a person who has a multiple arrest record being arrested again for another serious crime? How in the world did he wind back up on the street? The drunk driver who's been arrested as many as 9 times and is still on the road and finally winds up killing some family coming home from church. The child molester who gets off on a technicality and proceeds to harm another child. The list goes on, but the point is made. When society in general, has little to no fear of judicial reprisal, things only go down hill.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind in the "don't want to get involved" attitude is that it happened very quickly by a very anger individual. Most people probably didn't have time to think of a good reaction as it's not something most people face every day. Most people are also not trained for such situations so they really don't know *how* to respond

T

traz

Gray Phoenix said:
If the beating warrented the death penalty, I dont believe for an instant, that it would prevented the fight.
Really, Cause I do. And if not in this case, in many other cases.

We'll never know, but I honestly believe that there'd be less beatings if each beating resulted in the death penalty. How many assaults like that would happen, if the assaulter knew he'd be put to death once he did it?

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
traz said:

We'll never know, but I honestly believe that there'd be less beatings if each beating resulted in the death penalty. How many assaults like that would happen, if the assaulter knew he'd be put to death once he did it?

Maybe, but dirtbags always think they can get away with it or beat the system.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
traz said:

I mean, yeah. It works so well as a murder prevention tool afterall...

Head for an eye I say.

bayonet

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Gentlemen, Scum bags like this are the reason, I assume, we all practice and study self defense. We all can arm chair QB but from experience, being a white guy living in Hawaii I have had to defend myself. Things would have been different MAYBE if:
1. The victim kept his mouth shut.
2. be aware of your environment.
3. You have a man that size approaching you, get your hands up and create distance.
4. Palm heel the scum**** Edited to conform to MT's policy on Profanity in the nose or strike the throat.

If your going to get your *** kicked might as well get some licks in yourself. This attitude has saved my *** more than once. Hit and run. And the wusses standing around ought to be ashamed.
Mr Parker said: Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
No matter how good we are, the element of suprise always prevails.
Please respond gents, I'd like to hear your input further regarding this matter

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man, this thread took off since the last time I looked....

Anyway, my $0.02.

In this situation, he should have just kept his mouth shut. Yeah, I don't like it when people cut in line or do something stupid in traffic, or...well you get the idea. At the same time, as this incident illustrates, there are too many friggin psychos running around who will kill (or attempt to kill) you for nothing. It's safer just to swallow your pride and let it go.
If you decide to say something be ready for a confrontation of some sort. In this situation, as soon as the boyfriend walked in, he should have left. Instead, he just stood there messing with his phone. I think that he was probably trying to ignore the guy hoping that nothing would happen, instead he gave up his only chance to keep from getting his *** whipped.
What would I have done? If I had been dumb enough to stick around at that point I would have tried the "fence" (hands up, "hey back off...") if that didn't work and he was still being agressive: low-line kick (knee or groin), chin-jab, strike to the throat etc. (some sort of "high pay-off" strike that would give me the opportunity to get lost). If I had been one of the bystanders I probably would have hit him with a chair or smashed one of those pepper or cheese shakers that all pizza places have over his head.

The reason I originally posted the link to this video was to illustrate the importance of situational awareness and the potential danger of getting confrontational over something as trivial as the line at the pizza joint.

Good discussion y'all :)

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think I would have explained to the fat cow that cut in line something along these lines…. “Excuse me but we are all here waiting in line and none of us are more important than the other so we will just have to go in order by who got here first”
If she doesn’t comply then I would ask the group… “does anyone mind if this lady cuts in front of everyone?” I highly doubt anyone would say “yes” and I think that sort of peer pressure might have been more powerful.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brad Dunne said:
Actually, I personally blame a certain segment of society for these problems. That being our judicial system. We have all seen or read reports of victims being sued by the transgressor and the victim loses in court. How many times have we also heard of a person who has a multiple arrest record being arrested again for another serious crime? How in the world did he wind back up on the street? The drunk driver who's been arrested as many as 9 times and is still on the road and finally winds up killing some family coming home from church. The child molester who gets off on a technicality and proceeds to harm another child. The list goes on, but the point is made. When society in general, has little to no fear of judicial reprisal, things only go down hill.

Boy, isn't that the truth!!! I could just see it all now. Thug clearly assaults victim IFO many witnesses. Victim defends himself and in the process, injures thug. Thug turns around and sues for injuries that HE received from victim!

I say, "Well, I didn't ask you to assault me, so I guess you get what you deserve!!"

Mike

Schtankybampo

Green Belt
Reaction score
No. Sorry, folks, but Gray is right. The death penalty wouldn't have prevented this beating. Because our judicial system has been poked full of holes.

The thug was beaten as a child, it's not his fault.
The woman has systematic line-cutting disorder.
All the bystanders were frozen in place by post-traumatic stress syndrome due to flashbacks of the OJ trial.
You couldn't hear it on the tape, but the guy actually made a comment to the woman based on her size/race/sexual inclination.

There are SO many ways around the justice system. I live in LA. I could stop my car on the freeway, grab someone out of the car in front of me, beat the tar out of him, steal his ride, and probably claim PTSD as well as road rage. These are excuses now! I've got enough crap in my past to gun down an office building....

BUT I DON'T. I don't cut people off in traffic. I don't cut in line. I don't assume that my time is more valuable than yours. I don't assume that I have a RIGHT to do something abhorrent simply because I woke up having a bad hair day.

Four years is ridiculous. The man is an animal. The woman is just as bad. Go ahead, flame me. Put 'em both down. Not as a deterrant, as insurance that they don't BREED.

M

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
In all honesty I don't think the fat slob would have attacked if he didn't see the guy all passive on his cell phone. A little more aggressive response might have mitigated the situation. The predator saw that there wasn't going to be much of a fight, so he attacked. Predators don't like to fight, they like to destroy. If it comes to a fight, many times they'll back away.

Latest Discussions