video clip of assault

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
This video clip from a pizza joint in Akron shows how easily things can get out of hand.

For anyone who has problems viewing this, basically what happened is that a guy in line at a pizza place says something about a woman "cutting" in line, so an employee says something to her. She goes nuts, calls her boyfriend in and he proceeds to beat the crap out of the guy who complained about her. It was bad enough that the attacker was sentanced to four years for assault.

asangria

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Amazing how many people just stood there not trying to intervene.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bad guy was already on probation. Going away even longer.

Poster child for legalized retroactive birth control.

Cthulhu

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
asangria said:
Amazing how many people just stood there not trying to intervene.
Did you see the size of that guy? I'm not sure I would have intervened either, other than to call the cops.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ya I was thinking the same thing... very big guy... which probably gave him license to go ahead and start doing that.
The whole thing really disgusts me, the big guy just hauling off even if it were a few choice words. The mentality that it takes to do that is almost Tysonesque. Savage and without deliberation.
Also disturbing that people went on as if it didn't happen, the manager trying to get the woman to leave and big boy comes back in and the manager wisely retreats back behind the counter.
I'm just sicken by it all. :barf:
Lovely society our children are growing up in isn't it?

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
This video clip from a pizza joint in Akron shows how easily things can get out of hand.

For anyone who has problems viewing this, basically what happened is that a guy in line at a pizza place says something about a woman "cutting" in line, so an employee says something to her. She goes nuts, calls her boyfriend in and he proceeds to beat the crap out of the guy who complained about her. It was bad enough that the attacker was sentanced to four years for assault.
Good punches, but I would have had to of jumped in but not everyone has that mentality

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After the first shot, I don't think that the victim could have done very much. That was a pretty devastating blow. This clip is excellent confirmation that awareness is crucial to personal safety.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It's a sad commentary on the state of our society, but we - meaning society and the law in general, breed this type of behavior. I would be willing to bet that if someone had attempted to intervene, there would be some sort of arrest or some dumb lawsuit brought against the person who tried to help. The size of the guy determined that some serious physical technique(s) were called for. that alone would have most likely resulted in real damage, which from some greedy attorney's viewpoint would have meant a pay day. Sounds crazy right?....Remember cases where the bad guy sued the home owner, because he hurt himself while breaking in and the bad guy won!........

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fat, out of shape thug. Big, slow punches. Guys easily 360 plus. White guy should have ran. I'd have probably punched the woman as hard as I could for starting it. Guy might still have kicked my butt, but at least i'd have had the satisfaction of breaking her jaw.

KajuMom

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
After the first shot, I don't think that the victim could have done very much. That was a pretty devastating blow. This clip is excellent confirmation that awareness is crucial to personal safety.

Exactly what I was thinking, after that first blow to the jaw and being knocked to the ground, many people would be disabled and unable to do much. I can't imagine how the victim's head must have felt-could he even see anything for a few seconds?

Also notable that the attacker didn't do much leading leading up to the first hit to let victim know what might be coming: No raising of hands in threatening manner, tucking of chin, nothing that showed he was "getting ready" to fight that I could see in the video. That first punch came out of nowhere.

I was shaking when watching--very scary.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Disgusting .....One patron with a can of OC (if its legal there) may have made a difference.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
The victim was definitely trying to be contrite and submissive and not very aware, looking down and away from his assailant. A placating, "I don't want any trouble" hand-fence along with some range retreat--or even a preamptive shot in this circumstance--might have been his best course of action. Shame on the spectators--that guy could have easily been killed right in front of them.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Fat, out of shape thug. Big, slow punches. Guys easily 360 plus. White guy should have ran. I'd have probably punched the woman as hard as I could for starting it. Guy might still have kicked my butt, but at least i'd have had the satisfaction of breaking her jaw.
My father taught me something that I hold true to this day. "There's NO excuse for hitting a woman."
The white guy actually had no where to go in a manner of speaking. The woman would've blocked him and the big guy smacked him very hard. There was no warning. I don't think even awareness would've helped in this case as the white guy was distracted his own arguments and the blow was quick and devastating.
What gets me are two things. The obvious and terrible non-involvement of the other patrons. All morning I was thinking/asking myself would've I've said/done something? Seeing the sheer size of the man and knowing my own skinny butt would'nt have much except give him something else to pound on. If I was a CWP carrier would've I drawn? Because if I did then I would've had to shoot the guy. He was HUGE. Merely pointing the weapon at him would've enraged him further... if that were possible.
The second thing was the utter viciousness of his attack. One hit was all it took but he kept pounding on him. Unleashing whatever rage that he had built up inside him, mebbe he would've gone too far if he had eaten those four pizzas they (must've had to ordered...just for him) and had his appetite sated. It looked to me he was spoiling for a fight, anytime anywhere kind of mentality. Any excuse what-so-ever. Savage, animal and wholly barbaric. I wonder if there was a cop in the joint and the cop interviened would he have even listened? Or would he gone through the cop like he did the customer? He carried with him the attitude of "just didn't care".
I'd hate to be that big guy's kid.

But yes, the worse thing about it all was the bystanders total non-committment to the whole thing. Even afterwards. That was the worse thing. :idunno: Oh well, the guy opened his mouth when he should've kept it shut. Not my fight (what fight? that was a beating). I'm not gonna get killed over some stranger, and so forth.
Granted that there was the shock and then fear factor involved because again the big-guy had the advantage with his size and viciousness. Even if he was out-numbered would've it made a difference. Sadly we'll never know.

The guy only got four years. FOUR years. Guess it wasn't severe enough huh?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cthulhu said:

Cthulhu

or CCW permits.

MACaver said:
My father taught me something that I hold true to this day. "There's NO excuse for hitting a woman."

Any self-defense situation is reason enough to hit a woman. If my life or safety is in danger I wouldn't think twice about decking a female.

MACaver said:
But yes, the worse thing about it all was the bystanders total non-committment to the whole thing. Even afterwards. That was the worse thing. :idunno: Oh well, the guy opened his mouth when he should've kept it shut. Not my fight (what fight? that was a beating). I'm not gonna get killed over some stranger, and so forth.
Granted that there was the shock and then fear factor involved because again the big-guy had the advantage with his size and viciousness. Even if he was out-numbered would've it made a difference. Sadly we'll never know.

The guy only got four years. FOUR years. Guess it wasn't severe enough huh?

In the very least, I figure the shop owner should've called for the police the minute the first punch landed or before. Like Cthulhu said, he'll get more after his probation violation is added in. Looks like we're sending another beast to gladiator school.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MACaver said:
What if she's going after your kid with a knife? Absolutes are difficult to defend.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cthulhu said:

Cthulhu

4 years + extra for parole violation, puhlease :idunno: that dirt ball will be back out in 18 months or less for good behavior. That's justice for ya, guy's trying to kill the person and he get's what amounts to a slap on the wrist for a career criminal.

:ultracool

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Klondike93 said:
4 years + extra for parole violation, puhlease :idunno: that dirt ball will be back out in 18 months or less for good behavior. That's justice for ya, guy's trying to kill the person and he get's what amounts to a slap on the wrist for a career criminal.

:ultracool
Should have gotten an extra 5 years for being stupid enough to do that on video.

T

traz

wow, thats terrible.

For starters, I obviously feel terrible for the victim, but he probably should have realised something was coming when the big tough boyfriend came in, squared up, and faced him. That would have been my cue to move :p

Also...I can't believe that people were standing around. Thats sickening. Not only that, at least 2 of them visible in the camera were big enough to take the attacker on. Plus I"m sure somewhere behind the counter the employee could have found some kind of weapon. Sickening

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've seen this kind of assault before, bystander apathy usually kicks in. The best thing to do when the guy walks in the door his hit him as hard as you can in the head, preferably with something heavy, before he ever even swings. When he walked in the door the guy should have known what he was there for. I've hit more than one man because I knew he was coming to hurt me. Of course that's easy for me to say I guess as i'm 6'5 290, so this guy wouldn't have the size on me. Still, a handful of pepper in the face from one of the pepper shakers off one of the tables and then hitting this guy in the head with one of the large glass dried cheese shakers would have changed the entire outcome of that fight. I'd have still probably punched the woman when I got done, because as soon as her man started losing, she'd have jumped in.

Latest Discussions