Upcoming Modern Arnis Events

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In order to cut back on "noise" and help consolidate events, please restrict event notices to the Events Forum (located near the top of the forums listings) and to this thread.

Notices outside of those 2 areas will be moved, merged or removed at staff discretion.

This thread is stickied, so the list will always be visible at the top of the thread listing, thereby avoiding having to bump notices that have fallen to the bottom of the pile.

In order to help minimize noise, but maximize notice and interest, rather than simply posting a flyer in the discussion areas, focus on who is teaching, what they will be covering, where the event will be held, how to get there, etc.

Thank you very much.

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I would like to inform you abot THE Modern Arnis and FMA event in 2006.

From the 11th to the 21st ofd July 2006 there will be the the “Great homecoming for the FMA”. The fiollowing events will take place:

A) The Professor Remy Presas Memorial Camp,
B) The 3rd FMA Festival and
C) The FMA Gala night.

The first two will be held at Clark Field, Pampanga, Philippines, the FMA Gala Night will be held in Manila, Philippines.

A, the Professor Remy Presas Memorial Camp
will be held from the 11th through to the 14th of July 2006. All mayor Modern Arnis Grandmasters and Masters of the Philippines will be there to teach. Also many international “big names” of Modern Arnis will be asked to participate and will hopefully be there.
This will NOT be an event of ONE organisation. It will be organized by the IMAFP in the Philippines, but ALL Modern Arnis groups worldwide will be invited.

B, the 3rd FMA Festival
will be held from the 17th to the 20th of July 2006. Alfred Plath and I have organized the first two FMA Festivals in 2002 and 2004 in Germany, which were with 450 and 600 participants highly successful.
Now the Philippines have taken the responsibility to organize the 3rd FMA festival in the Philippines. It is a grand come together of many different FMA styles.
Many filipino Grandmasters and Masters will be there to teach their special style.

C, the FMA Gala night
will be held at the 21st of July in Manila.
There will be a gala dinner, exhibitions and much more.

For more information about these events, you can visit the festival website:

http://www.fmafestival.com

If you have questions you can ask them here or write to

[email protected]

The earlier you register, the cheaper it gets.

This is a great chance to train in the country of origin within an organized setting.

I hope to see many different countries and members from all different Modern Arnis and other FMA groups participate in this big event in the Philippines.

Best regards from Germany

Dieter Knüttel
Senior Master and Datu of Modern Arnis

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

I am really not happy that you shifted my thread in this upcoming events drawer.
I have checed it for the last 3 days and not a single click more on this thread.
It is more "let us hide this thread because nobody looks here anyway".

I know that it is no ment this way, but it works this way.
Could you please put it back to the normal forum, where people find and see it, contrary to the place where it is now.

Thanks

Dieter

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dieter said:
Hi Bob,

I am really not happy that you shifted my thread in this upcoming events drawer.
I have checed it for the last 3 days and not a single click more on this thread.
It is more "let us hide this thread because nobody looks here anyway".

I know that it is no ment this way, but it works this way.
Could you please put it back to the normal forum, where people find and see it, contrary to the place where it is now.

Thanks

Dieter
Sir,
With respect, we have implemented the policy site-wide as indicated by the update on Oct 20th 2005. (link)
It was merged into this thread, and placed in the Events forum at the top of the forum listings as well. If there are any press-releases concerning an event, I'm also happy to have them listed in the news section.

A problem with event notices is that they constantly drift downward, until someone bumps them back up. This doesn't add value to the site. We've consolidated the notices so that we can help all the arts by pushing their notices into a news feed that is addable to other websites, helping get the word out better. In addition, rather than a simple flier, we now encourage posting about the events instructors, their areas of expertise, and other conversation stimulating topics. This will aid in keeping the topic hot, and help build interest, compared to a standard notice which more often ends up buried.

:asian:

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello Bob,

I understand the good intent of this rule.
The fact was only, that nobody had looked at this thread since the last 3 days. So it is virtually hidden here.

Tim

I will do so.
Are you planning to come?

Regards

Dieter

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dieter said:
Tim

I will do so.
Are you planning to come?

Regards

Dieter
I don't know. I see my name on a list of proposed instructors, but I haven't been asked if I would be intersted teaching at the event.

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

I have posted the IMAFP rather recently the email adresses of most of the american Modern Arnis instructors and I have been told, that they are at the moment starting to contact the people.
You will be contacted by the IMAFP.

The just want to show, that they do not exclude anybody but want to make it a Modern Arnis event for all Modern Arnis practitioners and not only for some groups.

It will be a good event. Be sure

Regards

Dieter

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FCS Family Gathering
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]January 14-15,2006 - Clearwater, FL[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Hapkido International; 1240 unit A Highland Ave. S; Clearwater, FL 33755
Sat 4:30-9pm and Sun 10am-5pm
Contact: Rick DeAguila 727-447-1079 or Ray Dionaldo 813-495-4361
[/FONT]

NARC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
On February 25,2006 Datu Tim Hartman will be returning once again to the Northern V.A. area giving a seminar on the WMAA Edged Weapons Defensive Tactics Program.
Training location to be confirmed shortly. Mostly the Days Hotel and Conference Center in Herndon,VA.
Material to be addressed is Levels One and Level Two of the Program.
Time of seminar will be 9 a.m. till 4 p.m.
Check WMAA website for further in the days to come!

Attachments

• $Dark logo EDT.jpg
    $Dark logo EDT.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 244

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I would like to point out, that the camp and Festival have an NEW website.

Please go to

http://www.fmafestival2006.com

to find new information.

Here are the prices by the way:

• To REGISTER, you will pay
Special rate of U.S. $80.00 per day (if paid not later January 28, 2006)
U.S. $ 88.00 per day if paid not later February 28, 2006
U.S. $ 98.00 per day if paid not later April 28, 2006
U.S. $ 110.00 per day if paid not later June 28, 2006
U.S. $ 120.00 per day if paid on-site
Your payment will cover training, training kit, airport-hotel shuttles, hotel and food (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks), entertainment and barbeque nights, plus other give-aways. (free-flowing mineral water, juices, tea, fruits during training hours)
  • Gala and Lapu-Lapu Awards Night in Manila
A separate payment of U.S. $70.00 for the Gala and Lapu-Lapu Awards Night will cover entrance, dinner, entertainment and cultural presentation, special demos by Grandmasters and Masters to be held in Manila; and 1 night hotel accommodation and shuttle to airport for participants leaving the next day.
NON-TRAINING/OBSERVERS will pay US $50 / day to cover Hotel, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks entertainment, shuttles, give aways.

I hope this helps and it would be nice to see some of you in the Philippines

Regards from Germany

Dieter Knüttel

T

Troy Ostapiw/Canada

Datu Kelly S. Worden will be returning to Regina Sask. for a two-day seminar.
The seminar will be held February 18th and 19th 2006 starting at 10:00am and run till aproximately 4:00pm.

Location: University of Regina Combatives Room in the new Kinesiology building.

· Day one will cover various Law-enforcement Tactics, controls,
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
and counters.
· Day two will focus on NSI, Modern Arnis, Close quarter tactics and much more…

For registration contact Troy Ostapiw1-306-347-8029 or [email protected]
IFC Martial Arts/NSI-Canadian Rep.
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dieter said:
Hello everybody,

I would like to point out, that the camp and Festival have an NEW website.

Please go to

http://www.fmafestival2006.com

to find new information.

Here are the prices by the way:

• To REGISTER, you will pay
Special rate of U.S. $80.00 per day (if paid not later January 28, 2006)
U.S. $ 88.00 per day if paid not later February 28, 2006
U.S. $ 98.00 per day if paid not later April 28, 2006
U.S. $ 110.00 per day if paid not later June 28, 2006
U.S. $ 120.00 per day if paid on-site
Your payment will cover training, training kit, airport-hotel shuttles, hotel and food (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks), entertainment and barbeque nights, plus other give-aways. (free-flowing mineral water, juices, tea, fruits during training hours)
  • Gala and Lapu-Lapu Awards Night in Manila
A separate payment of U.S. $70.00 for the Gala and Lapu-Lapu Awards Night will cover entrance, dinner, entertainment and cultural presentation, special demos by Grandmasters and Masters to be held in Manila; and 1 night hotel accommodation and shuttle to airport for participants leaving the next day.
NON-TRAINING/OBSERVERS will pay US $50 / day to cover Hotel, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks entertainment, shuttles, give aways.

I hope this helps and it would be nice to see some of you in the Philippines

Regards from Germany

Dieter Knüttel
Hi Dieter,

Who is Reynoldo Dionaldo?

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Palusut said:
Hi Dieter,
Who is Reynoldo Dionaldo?

Hi Palusut,

I would reckon, it is Ray Dionaldo from FCS Kali.
But I am not sure. This is not my list but from IMAFP.

You see him on the left side, with the Filipino instructors.
You see also at the top, that it says: invited instructors. I don't know, if he has accepted the invitation.

Perhaps you should contact the FMA Festival secretary under:

[email protected]

Regards

Dieter Knüttel

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dieter said:
Hi Palusut,

I would reckon, it is Ray Dionaldo from FCS Kali.
But I am not sure. This is not my list but from IMAFP.

You see him on the left side, with the Filipino instructors.
You see also at the top, that it says: invited instructors. I don't know, if he has accepted the invitation.

Perhaps you should contact the FMA Festival secretary under:

[email protected]

Regards

Dieter Knüttel
Thanks Dieter,

I will check into this.

- Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

RBaddorf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ken Smith will be doing a seminar in Phoenix, AZ Sat March 10th see below for details.

Thanks

Saturday March 10th 2007
12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Vista Verde Middle School Gymnasium
2826 E Grovers
Phoenix, AZ 85032
$55.00 Pre-Registered Before March 6th 2007
$65.00 At the Door
To Pre-Register call Bill Burch at 480-614-9290
or E-Mail at [email protected]
Payment Type Check or Credit Card
Visa MasterCard American Express
Send to Burch's Karate
7641 E Gray Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Greetings-

The World Modern Arnis Alliance (WMAA) Training Camp is the premier Modern Arnis camp in North America! Each year participants have the privilege to train with some of the world’s best martial artists. In addition to having the leading Modern Arnis instructors on staff, the WMAA brings in guest instructors from others systems to lend a different perspective to the training camp.

This year’s camp will feature the teachings of Modern Arnis’ leading instructors: Grandmaster Rick Manglinong and GM - Datu Tim Hartman. They are two of the late Grandmaster Remy A. Presas’ most senior American students. In May 2007, at the IPMAF training camp in the Philippines, Great Grandmaster Ernesto Presas promoted Manglinong and Hartman to 9th degree black belts and Grand Master status in Kombatan.

In addition, our 2008 WMAA Modern Arnis Camp guest instructors will be Sensei Gerry DiSanto and Grandmaster Nene Tortal.

Sensei Gerry DiSanto is the owner and operator of Defensive Arts Training Centre in St. Catharines, Ontario. Sensei DiSanto has been training in martial arts for several decades. With skills in boxing, kickboxing, grappling and weaponry, he holds rank in several various martial arts. He is a certified teacher, allowing him the ability to meet each student’s individual needs.

Grandmaster Jerson “Nene” Tortal, the nephew of the founder of the Pekiti-Tirsia Kali system, now calls his style Dekiti-Tirsia-Siradas. Just like the original style, it is a highly developed close-quarters in-fighting system, made up of complex sectoring tactics and combat elements with intimidating names like contradas, recontras, recontradas, etc.

This year’s camp will have a special theme - to prepare for the Philippines! In 2009, Datu Hartman and Grandmaster Manglinong will be leading a tour of the Philippines. Participants will have the opportunity to tour parts of the P.I. and train with different Filipino masters including GM Ernesto Presas (the late GM Remy A. Presas’ younger brother) at his Kombatan camp. Our 2008 WMAA Modern Arnis camp will be a tune up for anyone planning to attend the Philippines, or even if you are not.

This year’s camp events will include a cookout – pool party (weather permitting) at Datu Hartman’s home, as well as the East Coast Premier of Great Grand Master Ernesto Presas’ movie “Filipino Martial Arts”. GM Manglinong had a speaking part in this movie and Datu Hartman had a small walk-on roll.

For more information concerning the camp, visit our camp website: http://wmarnis.com/2008camp/index.htm or contact the WMAA headquarters at [email protected] or 716-771-1291.

Attachments

• $WMAA Camp.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 154
  • $2008 WMAA Summer Camp.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 150

Latest Discussions