Uncommon Valor

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tigerwoman, as I stated on another thread, you are to be commended for returning to class.

As you probably know, I'm training for my BB test along with three guys. We watch each other's back - call each other daily for support and accountability. One of my cohorts is just amazing - he has a full plate and is doing everything he can to stay in daily contact with me, work me harder, push me harder, encourage me constantly, meet me to train. He truly deserves his rank. This is already an uphill battle for me - jeez! What it would be like without that cheering on. It means everything to me.

Black Belt FC, I truly hope some unexpected (barring the obvious possibility) and out of your hands revelation happens to wake your other students up.

Just curious - if you can answer - has this ill student's appearance changed at all? Lost hair? weight? Usually, these are giveaways.

OP
B

Black Belt FC

The student stop coming to class before starting treament and operation. Students in our school like any other school come to train for limited or extented time, they're used to seen a small percentage leaving.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was your student there long enough to have friends though? Gosh, we are a rather tight-knit group after years of training together everyday. We always ask about each other. I wouldn't ask about some but if they have been training awhile, I would. My master does tell me what happened to them or if he doesn't know. I like to meet everyone and get to know them, others do too. I would miss them. Your student really put you into an unfair position and in doing so, stopped his friends at the dojang from really being there and understanding. I hate to guess but he may not be able to come back, be too weak if he struggled before. May God be with you both. TW

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Black Belt FC - any updates you can give us?

OP
B

Black Belt FC

Student came by today to visit; seem happier than before and cheerful. It appears that the disease is in remission but doctor said they will need to check again within a year or two. As for martial art training unfortunately that’s an activity of the past; the school has lost a student but gain a friend.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this very inspirational story. My thoughts and prayers go out to your student and his family as well as for you who have borne the burden of the knowledge of his illness.

Miles

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ditto what Miles said. Thanks for sharing it. TW

Latest Discussions