UFC champ Sylvia admits steroid use

OP
J

JDenz

No what I am saying is maybe they cut out that extra 15 minutes before and after training to wok at cardio and put that half hour in the weight room stuff like that. I mean they are pro's they spend all day working out. I am sure alot of them plan that with extra strength they can finish the fight in the first round. I mean the diffrence between a Coleman neck crank and a Nogeria neck crank are quite a bit diffrent I wouldbet lol.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by pknox
The same guy who fought Ali back in the 70's?

Yes That's the Same Guy.
He is a Living Ledgend in Japan.

And also The Host of Inoki's Bombbay Ya

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as we're talking about cardio, I remember another thread in the Kenpo section that was talking about big or over weight Kenpo guys. People were saying that just because a guy is big, does not mean that he's going to run out of gas. Well, as we all know from watching the NHB fights, that YES, it does matter. Tank is classic example. He's a big guy, with tremendous KO power. However, if he cant KO the other guy in the first few minutes, what starts to happen???? He run out of gas!!! He'll sit there and say that the reason he lost was cuz it went to the ground. That may be a small part of it but the main part is that he is out of shape. Now, I have to give him some credit though, cuz he has trimmed down since his debut in UFC6.

Cardio IMO is something that is probably the most neglected thing when we go to the gym. I know that I could use some extra time in that dept. but at least with the gym workout that I do, it adds some cardio into it, and I get alot from my BJJ class.

Mike

OP
P

pknox

Originally posted by JDenz
No what I am saying is maybe they cut out that extra 15 minutes before and after training to wok at cardio and put that half hour in the weight room stuff like that. I mean they are pro's they spend all day working out. I am sure alot of them plan that with extra strength they can finish the fight in the first round. I mean the diffrence between a Coleman neck crank and a Nogeria neck crank are quite a bit diffrent I wouldbet lol.

Good point. If your planning on going for the quick kill, I guess endurance wouldn't be as limiting a factor as strength. I wouldn't want to get cranked by either one of those dudes, btw. :D

OP
P

pknox

Originally posted by MJS
As long as we're talking about cardio, I remember another thread in the Kenpo section that was talking about big or over weight Kenpo guys. People were saying that just because a guy is big, does not mean that he's going to run out of gas. Well, as we all know from watching the NHB fights, that YES, it does matter. Tank is classic example. He's a big guy, with tremendous KO power. However, if he cant KO the other guy in the first few minutes, what starts to happen???? He run out of gas!!! He'll sit there and say that the reason he lost was cuz it went to the ground. That may be a small part of it but the main part is that he is out of shape. Now, I have to give him some credit though, cuz he has trimmed down since his debut in UFC6.

Cardio IMO is something that is probably the most neglected thing when we go to the gym. I know that I could use some extra time in that dept. but at least with the gym workout that I do, it adds some cardio into it, and I get alot from my BJJ class.

Mike

You are totally right -- but you would mind telling Tank that so I don't have to, OK? :uhoh:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pknox
You are totally right -- but you would mind telling Tank that so I don't have to, OK? :uhoh:

No, thats ok....I thnk that I'll pass on the as well!:D

Mike

OP
J

JDenz

I can think of two fat guys with good cardio actully three. Josh Barnett, Ricco in last fight, ricco buddy you gotta lay off the bears and cheesburgers lol, and Liddell.

OP
P

pknox

The Iceman is fat? Than I really have to hit the gym.

OP
J

JDenz

Definitly did you see the last Pride lol he looked like the guy from great white hype.

OP
P

pknox

No -- I'll have to check it out. I haven't seen Chuck in a while -- I guess he put on some weight. Gotta lay off the donuts. ;)

OP
J

JDenz

Ya he definitly had the pooch going check Sherdog they have pictures of the event.

OP
P

pknox

I see what you mean. He still looks better than most regular people, but for a fighter he's kind of moved on to "doughboy" status -- he's definitely not in Tank's class yet, though :D

ufc43_09_06.jpg

OP
J

JDenz

lol you got a good picture of him to. lol the ones where he isn't stretching that gut really sags.

OP
P

pknox

Yeah, I figured I'd be kind to him as he can dust me and all. You never know who's reading this stuff. :D

OP
J

JDenz

lol I am sure he has better things to do then beat up the people that say he is getting fat lol. Lol him and Ricco are on see food diets lol.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by J-kid
I would like to see Josh face Ricco or Nog and maybe even cro cop after igor.

I Think he can hadle them, what do you guys think?

( sorry for high jacking the thread but i was just curious)

I Think Ricco would Destroy Josh
Faster Then Ricardo Almeda Choked him out

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by JDenz
lol you got a good picture of him to. lol the ones where he isn't stretching that gut really sags.

No Guts No Glory:D

OP
J

JDenz

lol I don't think Ricco can do anything fast until he loses a few pounds lol.

OP
P

pknox

Perhaps the next event could have Ricco vs. Chuck in a donut eating contest, with the winner going on to face Tank. :D

Latest Discussions