UFC: Brock Lesnar dominates Frank Mir and GSP rolls

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't agree with the "cock-fighting" statement. Roosters are forced to fight to the death for the entertainment of a few sick folks...nobody forces these guys to fight.

They also introduced a huge amount of rules and also weight classes to make it more evenly matched and in the interest of the safety of the competitors.

i stand corrected. good point

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Normally I'm not that way in fights. I know if the guy's out, I tend to stop. I hit him hard but I got that last blow in just to shut him up a little bit." Link

I don't think Henderson did anything wrong, but I do think he should be investigated...just to shut him up a little bit :lol2:

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"Normally I'm not that way in fights. I know if the guy's out, I tend to stop. I hit him hard but I got that last blow in just to shut him up a little bit." Link

Here is the clip of Hendo on ESPN's MMA Live where he talks about the last blow. Just look at the countdown of time left in the clip and it is at 28:00.

Hendo states it wasn't till he was in the air getting ready to hit him again that he noticed that he was out but by then it's too late.

http://espn.go.com/video/category?id=3461971

I think the main issue that hasn't been discussed is the fighter preparation at Wolfslair gym. This is now the 3rd time we have seen a fighter from that guy come out under prepared.

Rampage in his own words over trained for the fight he had with Keith Jardine. Stated that his camp pushed him way too much and it showed in his fight.

Cheick Congo too a fight late and was just unprepared for the ground in his fight against Cain Velasquez. A fight which his camp knew full well would go to the ground and was ill prepared. That put the brakes on him having a title shot.

Michael Bisping spends the whole fight circling to his left which is Dan's right and it is only a matter of time before he gets caught with it.

3 good examples where you have to wonder what is going on at Wolfslair and why aren't guys be prepared correctly.

BTW...Hated seeing Mir loose but the guy looked in phenominal shape.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hendo states it wasn't till he was in the air getting ready to hit him again that he noticed that he was out but by then it's too late.

The quote I posted was from the immediate post-fight interview with Rogan. Sounds like he was backpeddling in later interviews.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally I was going to watch the fights at home, but decided at the last minute to catch them at Chili's instead. Couldn't hear much for sound so I didn't catch Lesnar's post-fight interview. I'm kinda glad I didn't. Bad sportsmanship gets to me, in any sport, including the former Red Sox players that somehow confused their wives with punching bags. :rolleyes:

All that aside, Brock Lesnar's game was ON, and so was Henderson's. Hendo's fight looked fair to me when it was happening live. Nasty KO, but still looked fair. Sounds to me like he was trumping up the story for the press at the end of the fight.

Do I like it? No, I wish these guys would just STFU and fight, and leave the drama to daytime soaps and pro wrestling shows. But...I'm prolly not going to get my wish. :lol:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The quote I posted was from the immediate post-fight interview with Rogan. Sounds like he was backpeddling in later interviews.

Maybe the immediate post-fight interview had him forepeddling? Only after the excitement and adrenaline had died down did he have some time to reflect on what really happened during the fight? Only Henderson knows for sure.

Anyway, I've seen guys look like they were knocked out, only to recover quickly and make a fight of it. Just recently, I don't recall the fight (Brown v. Faber?), one guy kick the other square in the jaw. The guy that got kicked fell back and was out for a few moments. Rather than jump on the opportunity the kicker thought there was going to be a stoppage, only to see the guy that looked knocked out jump back to his feet and, if I recall correctly, force a decision by the judges.

Had Bisping quickly recovered like the guy in the other fight and somehow managed to get something in on Henderson, we would be talking about what a mistake Henderson made and how he lacked the instinct to finish off Bisping.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch ESPN's MMA Live's post fight show where he talked about it. Again to me, the Ref is there to stop it.

Hey I call boxing barbaric. I won't even argue with the term "human cock fighting" as John McCain called it. It is what it is. A lot better than what it was when it 1st started. I enjoy it but it is what it is.

It is what it is? Mmm, so you don't actually participate other than watching and passing opinions on others. if you think it's barbaric then you haven't seen full contact karate and I suppose you think Dog Brothers are also barbaric.Muay Thai? martial arts are what they are, we don't all prance around doing points sparring you know.

Whether Henderson did know Bisping was out when he hit him again or whether it was machismo talking afterwards it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Bisping's corner said he was unconcious for 2 minutes before coming round.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Henderson said a long time ago in his Pride days that he didn't like to talk smack about other fighters and when they talked about him, he would remember in the ring. You can see how he acts against fighters he doesn't like, against Wanderlei silva, he landed quite a few shots when silva was out.

Even if he saw that Bisping was out and threw it intentionally, the fight hadn't been called off, the instant the ref touched Henderson to stop it, Hendo quit hitting. Nothing Illegal about it. Compare that to most other fighters who land 4 or 5 shots to an unconscious fighter. As for bad sportsmanship, well during the entire TUF show, Bisping was taunting and smack talking henderson. That's the stuff we saw, how much do you think was cut? Maybe this will teach bisping to show his opponents some respect in the future instead of trying to piss them off.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't hold any ill towards Hendo at all.

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position." Just ask Bizzy. LOL

And yeah...he was out for a loooong time and then had to be guided out of the ring.

In all seriousness...I hope he gets his head examined. He could have suffered some serious trauma.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the clip of Hendo on ESPN's MMA Live where he talks about the last blow. Just look at the countdown of time left in the clip and it is at 28:00.

http://espn.go.com/video/category?id=3461971

I think the main issue that hasn't been discussed is the fighter preparation at Wolfslair gym. This is now the 3rd time we have seen a fighter from that guy come out under prepared.

Rampage in his own words over trained for the fight he had with Keith Jardine. Stated that his camp pushed him way too much and it showed in his fight.

Cheick Congo too a fight late and was just unprepared for the ground in his fight against Cain Velasquez. A fight which his camp knew full well would go to the ground and was ill prepared. That put the brakes on him having a title shot.

Michael Bisping spends the whole fight circling to his left which is Dan's right and it is only a matter of time before he gets caught with it.

3 good examples where you have to wonder what is going on at Wolfslair and why aren't guys be prepared correctly.

BTW...Hated seeing Mir loose but the guy looked in phenominal shape.

I'll put your points to them and see what they say.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Henderson said a long time ago in his Pride days that he didn't like to talk smack about other fighters and when they talked about him, he would remember in the ring. You can see how he acts against fighters he doesn't like, against Wanderlei silva, he landed quite a few shots when silva was out.

Even if he saw that Bisping was out and threw it intentionally, the fight hadn't been called off, the instant the ref touched Henderson to stop it, Hendo quit hitting. Nothing Illegal about it. Compare that to most other fighters who land 4 or 5 shots to an unconscious fighter. As for bad sportsmanship, well during the entire TUF show, Bisping was taunting and smack talking henderson. That's the stuff we saw, how much do you think was cut? Maybe this will teach bisping to show his opponents some respect in the future instead of trying to piss them off.

I very much doubt it, he's been like it from the start of his career when he had his pro debut on our show, if you wonder where it comes from you need to see his father. he brought a female fighter he'd trained to another of our shows a few months later and I got a mouthful then because I suggested she may like a separate room from the men to change in, courtesy as I thought but certainly not a sexist remark coming from me.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score

What is legal and what is the right thing to do are not always the same.

Trying to win a game is fine. Intentionally trying to cause great physical harm by striking someone you KNOW is out cold is WRONG, legal or not.

Bisping does need to learn respect but I doubt that this will teach him anything anyway.

Those are my opinions. Like certain body parts, everyone has them ;)

cypher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't like the way he exited the WWE after everything they gave him. It seems his attitude has not changed. HE doesn't interview all that well either. Next time, perhaps Dana should pick a champion that can represent the prestige of UFC properly. I give props where they are due, the man can MOVE but his attitude and post fight actions show him to be very immature. And of COURSE he gets the hot chick...

Latest Discussions