UFC: Brock Lesnar dominates Frank Mir and GSP rolls

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar dominated Frank Mir in the second round and GSP needed all five rounds to get the victory over Thiago Alves at UFC 100.

More...
The hardest hitting UFC news from MMARingReport.com

Smoke

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Lesnar winning represents the end of a great era and the closing of a great book imo

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lesnar winning represents the end of a great era and the closing of a great book imo

Then it does. On the other hand, it could also be one of the best challenges the heavyweight division has had in a long time.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sigh, i really don't like lesner in mma, a giant roid monkey who cuts to make the division cutoff. He got busted for human growth hormone when he was pro wrestling and is the same size now as then.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/lesnarmug1.html

I just hope they get Fedor to come in and crush him, or maybe josh barnett. Or someone resurrects Old Nog and he submits him.

Smoke

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sigh, i really don't like lesner in mma, a giant roid monkey who cuts to make the division cutoff. He got busted for human growth hormone when he was pro wrestling and is the same size now as then.

Exactly! Since when are they allowing mixed species to fight each other (horse vs. human)? Sounds like a Discovery Channel show.

Allowing Lesnar to fight MMA without creating a SUPER heavy division, was the worst thing that could have happened in my opinion.

Remember when Lesnar fought Couture? Couture was walking around at the weight he weighed in at (225 or roundabout) and Lesnar had been around 290 or so, if I remember correctly.

Throwing those two together is akin to having a Lt Heavy face off against a Welterweight and makes about as much sense. The weight range is something like 205 to 265. Then you have Lesnar cutting weight (quite a bit presumably) to make 265? It's just not good for the sport unless you get other elephants in there to challenge him.

What does that do but force everyone who isn't a centaur to cut even MORE weight and drop down a division.

You'll get MIR fighting at MIDDLEWEIGHT! (I kid)

Still, it's not good, no matter how you slice it up.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree. It's strange that he and his fans are so excited about beating someone 20-50 lbs less.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
prob had something to do with everyone wanting him to fail, everyone talking smack about him, and generally being a jerk to him.

he took a big chance, he worked hard, and he has earned some success.

and the crap still get flung at him.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/lesnarmug1.html

Actually, he got arrested for picking up a package in the mail. He was charged with trafficing in steroids, and the charges were dropped when it was found that what he'd picked up weren't steroids. Or HGH. They were......something else.

His lawyer says vitamins.....:lol:

In any case, he's the same size he was in college.

I just hope they get Fedor to come in and crush him, or maybe josh barnett. Or someone resurrects Old Nog and he submits him.

Why do you think he's where he is? Clearly, there's room for a "super-heavyweight" division. Light heavy is stacked, but heavyweight was kind of dead....in the end, like him or not, Lesnar has some skills, and size, and is good for MMA, which is, for most people, simply entertainment. It's hard to take him seriously because of his WWE past, but it's foolish not to take him seriously because of his collegiate wrestling success and his size-not to mention that he wanted to be in the UFC, when he easily would be making more money in the WWE.

The guy has very little in the way of humility, though-wasn't much of a good sport, and the "on top of the wife" bit was totally classless -though, since they just had a baby a while ago, and he's been training for this fight, it's probably been on his mind A LOT. :lol:

The Coors remark was funny, but also shows he has no taste whatsoever in beer-not that Budweiser would be much better.

Flipping the audience off and getting in Mir's face? Poor sportsmanship, sure, but has anyone stopped and thought for a moment that it's juat another reason why he's there? Precisely why Dana brought him in-a little showmanship? I cringe every time the guy gets near a microphone, and hang on every word.... :lol:

Cool that Hendo so totally dominated Bisping. Made some green on that, I did.....:lfao:

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Lesnar fought Mir before and Mir won.

This time Lesnar wins and its "oh he is to big blah blah" Ya Lesnar is big he is 265lbs Mir weighs at 245lbs. Maybe Lesnar won because he trained hard to win his fight against Mir. Lesnar trains just as hard maybe harder than anyone else so stop talking smack about the guy.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, he got arrested for picking up a package in the mail. He was charged with trafficing in steroids, and the charges were dropped when it was found that what he'd picked up weren't steroids. Or HGH. They were......something else.

His lawyer says vitamins.....:lol:

In any case, he's the same size he was in college.

Why do you think he's where he is? Clearly, there's room for a "super-heavyweight" division. Light heavy is stacked, but heavyweight was kind of dead....in the end, like him or not, Lesnar has some skills, and size, and is good for MMA, which is, for most people, simply entertainment. It's hard to take him seriously because of his WWE past, but it's foolish not to take him seriously because of his collegiate wrestling success and his size-not to mention that he wanted to be in the UFC, when he easily would be making more money in the WWE.

The guy has very little in the way of humility, though-wasn't much of a good sport, and the "on top of the wife" bit was totally classless -though, since they just had a baby a while ago, and he's been training for this fight, it's probably been on his mind A LOT. :lol:

The Coors remark was funny, but also shows he has no taste whatsoever in beer-not that Budweiser would be much better.

Flipping the audience off and getting in Mir's face? Poor sportsmanship, sure, but has anyone stopped and thought for a moment that it's juat another reason why he's there? Precisely why Dana brought him in-a little showmanship? I cringe every time the guy gets near a microphone, and hang on every word.... :lol:

Cool that Hendo so totally dominated Bisping. Made some green on that, I did.....:lfao:

oops lol! Oh well can't win em all. Haven't see any of the fights yet.

You are right about the Lesnar thing, people love arguing over fighters, they like their 'goodies' and their 'baddies', not sportsmanlike but it's showmanship as you said and it brings in the money!!

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i have respect for lesnar's drive & work ethic, but i hate watching him fight. i just don't like his style, but it wins. i also don't like how quickly dana put him in the running for the title. of course, that isn't his fault.

also for the big boys, 20lbs isn't that big of a difference percentage-wise. he's probably the strongest fighter in the division, but that's part of the game.

jf

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought the point of the heavyweight division was to be hated. Tim Silvia wasn't exactly exciting. When was it that heavyweight was interesting?

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of Lesnar's sportsmanship myself. I got into the office at about 6:30 A.M. Middle Eastern Time and saw both the Lesnar/Mir fight and the Thiago Alves/GSP fight on the Armed Forces Network (we're deployed). I have to admit it was a hell of a fight to watch.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Like him or not, he did win. I don't like whether he wins or loses. Give it time ladies and gentlemen, he will get beat by the next big name in the division. And it will come to a time when nobody really cares about what he does or is doing.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Lesnar-Mir fight, was probably one of my least favorite events of the night. Lesnar's a big guy, but regardless I'm sure he's trained a lot since the last Mir fight. So does he deserve the win, yea because he won! lol, overall I would say there's lots of room for improvement in the Heavyweight division.

But on a side note,

I thought the Henderson fight was awesome!

The GSP fight was pretty good as well, I'm suprised it went all 5 rounds. I have to say Kudo's to Thiago-GSP for going all the way.

Unfortunately I didn't stay for all the fights, left soon after the Lesnar fight.
(party to go to...)

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
This time Lesnar wins and its "oh he is to big blah blah" Ya Lesnar is big he is 265lbs Mir weighs at 245lbs. Maybe Lesnar won because he trained hard to win his fight against Mir. Lesnar trains just as hard maybe harder than anyone else so stop talking smack about the guy.

Actually Lesnar cuts down to 265lbs. but is usually more like 285-295 at fight time, this time he did look a little less though, like maybe 280.
I have no doubt he trains very hard, it's just he after fight antics that most people are against.

Latest Discussions