Ufc 2

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
grimfang said:
REMINDER: the two remaining semi-final matches will be shown TONIGHT (Tuesday, Nov 01) on SpikeTV at 11pm est.
Thanks for the reminder. :) Anybody see last night's fight (between Rashad & Keith)? It was a good one too, & was scored very closely (29-28, I believe). Both fighters were aggressive, but Rashad was a better grappler & I think that's what made the difference.

Looking forward to watching tonight's Semi-finals!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ol' Rashad has proven to the people that he belongs and he also proven to Matt Hughes he belong and earned his respect glad to see fighters can put aside there differences and become one for the team.
Terry

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Ol' Rashad has proven to the people that he belongs and he also proven to Matt Hughes he belong and earned his respect glad to see fighters can put aside there differences and become one for the team.
Terry
Although Matt Hughes is not my favorite person on the show, I was impressed by his change in behavior towards Rashad when it was time for the fight, which (IMO) was more professional than he has behaved the entire season. He assured Rashad that he was there to help him & gave him good pointers before & during the match.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree. I didn't see when it said the next show was and I was freaking out last night! I had to call a buddy of mine and finally found out it was tonight.

7sm

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder of last nights show! I enjoyed it. The first fight was pretty good, but I was really rooting for Jason. I would have -really- enjoyed a Luke/Jason fight. It looks like the finals in this division will be decided by how quickly or if the fight goes to the ground. I thought it was kind of funny, Joe wanted a stand-up fight until he finally got hit :) still, he got that arm bar pretty quickly.

I thought the Seth/Brad fight was a bit disappointing. I guess I expected Brad provide some beat down. I did not realize he was so inexperienced!

What do you guys think about the finals match ups? predictions?

Joe vs Luke

Rashad vs Brad

How about another aspect... which of these fighters would you actually pay to watch fight? If I were the type to buy fights, I'd pay to see either Luke or Joe, I think they are both exciting fighters. I'd not pay for either Rashad or Brad.

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
btw, I've enjoyed reading an article this year called "he said/ he said", with ongoing commentary from Stephan and Forrest from last years show. Its pretty entertaining. Its a decent way to get the feel of the season and get a recap of things that have occured. check it out!

http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/ultimatefighter2/said/episode_12.jhtml

This is a link to the most recent, but you can check all episodes.

MrH

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
What do you guys think about the finals match ups? predictions?

Joe vs Luke

Rashad vs Brad
Joe vs Luke should be an interesting fight. I dont agree with what people are saying that if it goes to the ground, Jow wins. I think Luke has a pretty descent ground game as well. Overall I dont know on this one, it could be anyones game. I'm probably leaning a bit more towards Luke here.

Here I really think Rashad will win because mainly of experience. As long as Rashad has healed up a bit I think its his fight, if he fights like he did last time. Brad is hard to beat, I think his shere size is what could give him the match. If Rashad can hurt him, its all over.

7sm

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Joe versus luke no contest Joe will submit withen the first round.

Rashad Versus Brad I go with the inexperience of brad just to big and has to much power for Rashad even through Rashad look good on the mat.

Have to wait and see
terry

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Joe vs Luke should be an interesting fight. I dont agree with what people are saying that if it goes to the ground, Jow wins. I think Luke has a pretty descent ground game as well. Overall I dont know on this one, it could be anyones game. I'm probably leaning a bit more towards Luke here.

Here I really think Rashad will win because mainly of experience. As long as Rashad has healed up a bit I think its his fight, if he fights like he did last time. Brad is hard to beat, I think his shere size is what could give him the match. If Rashad can hurt him, its all over.

7sm

Luke has seemed quite slippery... I agree, that simply going to the ground -might- not be enough.. its going to be an interesting fight, thats for sure! I hope Luke wins :)

With Brad/Rashad, I think Rashad has the skill edge, but brad has the muscle edge. If Brad gets in a few good shots, Rashad might crumble. He has a good chin, but I think Brad has too much power.... again, I hope its a good fight and does not include 14 minutes of rolling around on the ground. Would be a very entertaining stand up fight...

MrH

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Your right, if Brad gets in a few good shots, Rashad could very well get knocked out!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Your right, if Brad gets in a few good shots, Rashad could very well get knocked out!
That's possible....I just think it's very cool that two of the finalists were the last ones picked on their team (& therefore not very much was expected of them), & they beat the "favorites." To me, that's what the show is about* - giving a chance to guys who might not normally get one. :)

*besides getting ratings & promoting the UFC

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gin-Gin said:
That's possible....I just think it's very cool that two of the finalists were the last ones picked on their team (& therefore not very much was expected of them), & they beat the "favorites." To me, that's what the show is about* - giving a chance to guys who might not normally get one. :)

Yeah, I enjoyed that fact... what I would -like- to see is the season go w/out injury from either training of fighting. This season seemed to have alot of cuts and other various forms of injury. I think the season might have been a bit more interesting w/out injury. I also wish we had seen everyone in the finals fight a bit more... oh well :) that being said, I think this will be Rashads 4th fight now? Lukes 3rd?

MrH

Cyber Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think Joe will beat Luke. Rashad over Brad. The real fight I would like to see is Joe vs. Diego Sanchez. Now that Diego is fighting as a welterweight, Joe will be in his weight class.

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
JMD said:
I think Joe will beat Luke. Rashad over Brad. The real fight I would like to see is Joe vs. Diego Sanchez. Now that Diego is fighting as a welterweight, Joe will be in his weight class.

Good gosh... that would be like the guys from Saturday Night Live...

"If da Bears play da Bulls, who would win?"

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JMD said:

I dont know, I'm not on the Joe train yet....he is very good, but I'm not sure that he has as complete a game as Luke or Diego. I do think this fight with Luke will be a good one though.

7sm

Cyber Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Good gosh... that would be like the guys from Saturday Night Live...

"If da Bears play da Bulls, who would win?"

what do you mean?

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Those were all great fights. Not real sure if either of the TUF2 winners has what it takes to really contend in the UFC for a long time, though. It went pretty much like everyone here predicted.

Cyber Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
After watching the fights, I have to agree with you coyote. I was not impressed. The Diego vs. Nick fight was pretty good though.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well if Rashad drops down to 205 he may have a chance, but luke is a wirey type of guy with a lot of heart so I would say if he gets some proper training he'll be alright.

All in all it was intertaining.
Terry

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought overall the fights were entertaining. I must be the only one, but I thought Rashad vs Brad was a good fight. There were many, many mistakes on both sides in that fight, but they stayed in there and both gave it all they had. That is what th UFC is looking for, the skill and training can come later...look at how much Brad advanced in the few months after the show. I'm not completely sure I agree with Joe's victory either, we'll be seeing a rematch of that one before too long.
Diego's fight was another close one, he deffinitely won, but he didn't dominate like he is used to. He is starting to fight some skilled guys and he is going to have to progress to stay in it.

I am looking forward to UFC 56 in two weeks, should be good.

7sm

PS: UF 3 as well!

Latest Discussions