TKD training

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just as a thought what seperates your TKD training from most other people training?

Please give examples.

One at my school is all the cardio we do everyday no matter what cardio is always there. Foundamentals of kicks we as a whole work on the fondamentals of the roundhouse for 10-15 minutes everyday as well.

So what seperates your school and your training?
Terry

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would have to say the fact that we do a 15-20 minute warmup led by an instructor. It is a whole body calestenic and stretching warmup, cardio as well.

Also, when working kicking the basic three: Front Snap, Roundhouse, and Sidekick are always done before all else.

I have talked to others from other local schools and this is not always the case during their class period.

Sirius

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, every Sunday I have a marathon 4-7 hour training session with a good friend, his father and my sister. I'm still sore. At my former school it was cardio, cardio, cardio with no emphasis on technique-but we did fight a lot.

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't do any one thing in particular that separates my training from everyone else's. I simply continue to practice hard, traditional, Chung Do Kwan style Tae Kwon as taught to me, as opposed to the crap and tournament-oriented stuff that may others seem to be doing.
I do incorporate more jumping techniques into my training because they are part of the Tae Kwon Do aesthetic and they are a good way to maintain physical conditioning.