TKD Student up for big scholarship

WMKS Shogun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I hope I am posting this in the right area and that this is okay. If not, Moderators, I will hold no grudge if it is moved or removed.

The senior student in my dojang, Steve Eccleston, is in the running for a very large scholarship to my old college WV Wesleyan College. Out of thousands of applicants, he is now in the top 12. For better or worse, 1/3 of the final judgment comes down to an online vote. Thus, I am (shamelessly) asking for fellow martial artists to support my student by voting for him at: http://www.wvscholar.com/vote.cfm
Steve has been training with me for about four years, and he is a great guy who has endured a lot, but you would never know it if you met him. His parents divorced when he was younger, and this past fall, his mother passed away unexpectedly. Instead of being woebegone, Steve has applied himself harder in school, is active in show choir, is a member of the student counsel, and is preparing for his 1st Dan Test. He wants to be a cardiovascular surgeon and with the right opportunity, I think he could. Please go to the site and vote for Steve Eccleston. It will send an email to you to confirm your vote which is required for it to count. Also, please pass it on. This is Steve's best shot for going to a good college. The deadline for votes is 5/30/08

My most sincere thanks,

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds good to me - good luck (and 1 vote) to your student.

By the way, when you post links, there's a "http://" already in the link box, so you have to either edit your link or delete the already present portion - that's why your link didn't work. It's been fixed now.

People who want to vote for this student need to be aware that you must provide a valid email address and confirm your vote via a link sent to your email address.

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey my friend,

Hes got my vote.. and he can thank you for it.

Good luck to him.

Stuart