TKD and now BBT

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a member of other internet forums relevant to my interests so I figured it was about time to join an MA community. I have been a student of a long standing Taekwondo school in my area for two years now. There are some merits to it, but have found a Bujinkan dojo an hour away that I have started training with and plan to make a smooth transition to for full time training after the contract is over with TKD. I would say that TKD is and always will be a positive experience, but I have no interest in commercial MA or Olympic style sparring at this point. Im not much of a talker, I am a type to watch and listen, so I will be lurking and chiming in if I have something of value to say.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! I do hope you'll start a thread talking about how your transition goes--it's always interesting to see a change like that from someone else's eyes. Sounds like a big change of technique, if I understand how BBT works.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Hopefully you'll feel like you have something to contribute to the threads. Realistically, there are VERY few people who cannot contribute something.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome. And I agree with arnisador. I would be interested in hearing your story.

Kframe

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to martial talk! I to am making a transition to BBT. I have my start in boxing/mma. Seriously you should make a thread about your experiances. It would be a trip.

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello and welcome and I too would like to see you impart some of your experiences regarding the transition to BBT :)

OP

White Belt
Reaction score
Thankyou everyone! I will find an appropriate subsection and make a thread about my experience with the transition from TKD to BBT.

Fritz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome!

Always good to have another BBT practitioner to hear from. Will be interesting to hear how your TKD training helps you in BBT.

Latest Discussions