Tis the Season to Give

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so typically the holiday season is when a lot of people will open their pocket books and donate to charities either for the spirit of it, or to get that last minute tax break. Personally I find it difficult to find legit charities to give to cause there are so many fraudulant ones out there or ones that take like 60% off the top of donations to "run" the org. So I was hoping if you got a favorite charity that you use you could post with what it is and maybe why you like it and contact info if you've got it.

Personally the charity I most often give to is St. Jude's. They do cancer research for kids and won't turn anyone away for lack of ability to pay, which is a big deal if you consider how expensive cancer treatment is even if you have insurance. I think kids are the most innocent victims when it comes to health problems and I've always felt St. Jude's was open and honest in its record keeping and how the books are done.

http://www.stjude.org/

Anyone else have any charities you like to support? (not counting one's like Ping's Xmas fund which can be funded via paypal by anyone who wishs to donate....Credit card's accepted...:uhyeah: )

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
St. Judes Hospital is great. We're having a charity interschool tournament this Saturday as a fund raiser for St. Judes Childrens Hospital. Hope to be able to send them lots of $$.

Latest Discussions