This is what you don't do

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Firing shots at an armed burglar who has already left your home and is fleeing on foot into the woods is not wise. Imagine if he had hit someone who was not involved. I always applaud those who defend themselves and their homes from violence, but this just wasn't wise, and probably not legal.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-invasion-20120401_1_invasion-ski-mask-victim

Hearing the commotion, a 64-year-old man inside the home got a gun and came out of his bedroom. The suspect ran past him and out the door. The armed victim followed, firing a shot toward a wooded lot from where he heard some noises, deputies said. Investigators don't believe the suspect was struck by the bullet.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Many deer hunters get injured every year in just that fashion, from someone shooting at noises when they can't see what they're shooting at. Pretty stupid! :)

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After reading the entire story, it makes more sense why he did what he did. I'm not sure I wouldn't react the same way. I doubt "smart" was as much a factor as adrenalin at that moment. I'm not condoning it, just saying I understand it...and I've been known to pull a bone headed move on occasion.

Latest Discussions