The Karate Tree

Noah_Legel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is an article that I originally wrote for Mr. Kruczek's OKI Blog website that I have since fleshed out and reworded in order to better clarify my ideas. I understand that, as a mudansha who has only been training for 6 years, I am nowhere near a point in my life and training where I understand everything about the art that I practice. This is merely my own personal philosophy on martial arts training, so I don't want anyone to feel as though I am preaching to the choir for the sake of hearing my own voice/reading my own words, or explaining something that I have no right to explain. This is how I currently envision training when I think about it, and I am curious to hear what others with more experience have to say about my thought process and personal philosophy. Thanks for checking it out!

The Karate Tree

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is an article that I originally wrote for Mr. Kruczek's OKI Blog website that I have since fleshed out and reworded in order to better clarify my ideas. I understand that, as a mudansha who has only been training for 6 years, I am nowhere near a point in my life and training where I understand everything about the art that I practice. This is merely my own personal philosophy on martial arts training, so I don't want anyone to feel as though I am preaching to the choir for the sake of hearing my own voice/reading my own words, or explaining something that I have no right to explain. This is how I currently envision training when I think about it, and I am curious to hear what others with more experience have to say about my thought process and personal philosophy. Thanks for checking it out!

The Karate Tree

The first thing that hit me on the above site. Thanks for sharing...........

You deserve nothing. Remember that.
-Theodore Kruczek

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. I would suggest, put a copy away in a drawer and forget about it for about 20 years. I probably won't be around when you take it out, but the measure of your journey will be in how your perception of karate will have changed over time. :asian:

Latest Discussions