This is Scary

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a relevant comparison. Sorry you don't like it. You also brought it up.

Actually I don't give a **** if you use it or not, I just find it funny that when it was comparing Clinton to Bush all the Lefties screamed Foul! He isnt in office anymore you cant do that! so I had an opportunity to say "Hypocritical much?" (Not specifically to you Empty, but just in general.) I love how that seems to work from the left to the right, and vice versa.

The only point is that this is not a new thing. As I said, if you know where to look, there was quite a lot of "worship" of Bush. Meanwhile, there is no reason to believe that the current excitement will turn into the next Holocaust.

I don't really know where to look. Can you post a few worship videos and a copy of the New America Youth Bush Logo? When I searched for Bush Worship (yeah you can imagine what came up, LOL) but I found that Video you posted and a bunch of Lefties complaing that the Righties worship him, but nothing very substantial. Granted I didnt look to deep... but then you don't have to look very deep to find it of the Worshippers of the Big O

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Im only reffering to the popular vote. 66,882,230 to 58,343,671 may seem like a lot but its only a little more than the population of NYC and Long Island...one small corner of the nation. 58 million who didnt vote for you is far from a "landslide" as I see it.
Okay. I'll clarify my position and then let the point go. Take it for what you will. I certainly don't think this is a gotcha point either way. It's a big country and I understand what you were saying about lots of people not voting for him. That's very true, and it wasn't technically a landslide in the popular vote. But you can't imply that it was close, because it wasn't ever close. And the electoral college, where it counts, was a blow out.

Here's what I was saying. It wasn't technically a blowout (i.e. it didn't exceed 55%) but it was damn close for a black dude running against a war hero while the country is fighting overseas on two fronts. It's very late and I don't particularly like math, but isn't ~68000000 votes out of ~125 million close to 55%? Not as much of a asskicking as Reagan's win in 1984 (which, while over 500 electoral votes was still only about 58% of the popular vote), but still very decisive. We're talking the highest percentage of votes ever in a presidential election was 61.1%.

You said he didn't win by a popular vote landslide. While technically true, it was certainly far more of a "mandate" than Bush's razor thin margin of victory in 2004 and way more than Bush's loss in the popular vote to Gore in 2000.

Don't taze me man! :)

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Actually I don't give a **** if you use it or not, I just find it funny that when it was comparing Clinton to Bush all the Lefties screamed Foul! He isnt in office anymore you cant do that! so I had an opportunity to say "Hypocritical much?" (Not specifically to you Empty, but just in general.) I love how that seems to work from the left to the right, and vice versa.
Clinton was compared to Bush? I've seen some pretty rough political arguments, but haven't seen that defense yet. Maybe I just need to get out more. What do those two have in common? I can't think of one thing good or bad, either way.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clinton was compared to Bush? I've seen some pretty rough political arguments, but haven't seen that defense yet. Maybe I just need to get out more. What do those two have in common? I can't think of one thing good or bad, either way.

Search some of the old threads here, a lot of times people would say crap like "Bush's War" and others would go "What about Clinton in Somalia, blah blah" that kind of crap. Then the response back would be along the lines of "Clinton isn't in office anymore, so talking about what he did was pointless/is a strawman/is not acceptable" etc.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

While I wouldn't call it a defense of anyone. . .:

Milosevic was Clinton's Saddam Hussein.
Rwanda was Clinton's Darfur
Nader was Clinton's Perot
Somalia was Clinton's Liberia
WTC attacks
Attacks against Afghanistan and Iraq
Passed horrible economies on to the next president.
Lost control of Congress
International Interventionism/Nation Building
Continued increasing national debt
Expansion (abuse?) of wiretapping
Poll driven decision making
Executive branch obstructionism

Latest Discussions