There's No Kosugi like Sho Kosugi, like no Kosugi I know...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Someone recently told me Sho Kosugi's son Kane was making Ninja movies in Japan. Anyone seen any of Kane's films, and how are they? Got any reccomendations for a Sho Kosugi fan, looking to see what Kane is up to?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You realize that you're going to burn in hell for that incredibly bad thread title...? :lol:

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
You realize that you're going to burn in hell for that incredibly bad thread title...? :lol:

Its from Mystery Science Theater, when they did Master Ninja 1

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked Sho's films...haven't seen them in ages though.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
I liked Sho's films...haven't seen them in ages though.

Don't. My wife and I just watched an old Sho Kosugi ninja movie, and it was just painful. Keep it in the realm of fond memory.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not true, me and another guy from my Dojo got drunk and watched Revenge of The Ninja last night, it was great!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd need a quart of Scotch...the good stuff, not rotgut.

:D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have not see Revenge of The Ninja fo many years now nor any of his ilms or that matter. i remembe hm for action, blood and guts but the acting might have needed a little more to it.
Heac i stillloved them back in the day
Would like to see what his son is doing if they ever come to the states on dvd

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Someone recently told me Sho Kosugi's son Kane was making Ninja movies in Japan. Anyone seen any of Kane's films, and how are they? Got any reccomendations for a Sho Kosugi fan, looking to see what Kane is up to?

It says here http://www.kanekosugi.com/profile_e/index.html

that he played the starring role in Jiraiya in 1994...that was the same TV series that Hatsumi sensei and Noguchi sensei were in, although I'm not sure what years...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can see it now, aged ninja goes on one last killing spree in Sunnyvale Retirement Home... Seniors everywhere will be trying to find a pair of black Depends like Kosugi wears in the movie...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I can see it now, aged ninja goes on one last killing spree in Sunnyvale Retirement Home... Seniors everywhere will be trying to find a pair of black Depends like Kosugi wears in the movie...
Is this a bad Hollywood movie, or the latest from a certain popular bookstore ninja? :D

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've got a DVD called "Blood Heat" which stars Kane Kosugi, but I have not been able to bring myself to watch it yet. I bought it out of curiosity, but always seem to be able to find something else I'd rather watch. I suppose I should force myself to watch it this weekend so I can give more info.

SARCASM ALERT I'm sure it'll be a top notch production. SARCASM ALERT

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It says here http://www.kanekosugi.com/profile_e/index.html

that he played the starring role in Jiraiya in 1994...that was the same TV series that Hatsumi sensei and Noguchi sensei were in, although I'm not sure what years...

Actually, it now says (maybe it was changed) that the actual title of his 1994 series was "NINJA SENTAI KAKURENJA".

And the TV series he is doing now my kids watch on NHK. Karada de Asobou! (Lets play with our bodies) is a kids series on getting kids to try games and other things that get them active. They even have a little bit every so often about how the samurai moved. I thought the "Kein" I saw was him, but could not be sure.

Edit- found the link to NHK's site about it. Click on the red button for a better look at him.

http://www.nhk.or.jp/kids/program/karada.html

Latest Discussions