The vicarious blackbelt

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
You are a KID! I am old enough to be YOUR DAD! KID! ;) Well, not nearly as old as your dad... lol

The fact that I am a kid means you cannot argue with me? Sorry Im slightly confused now.....being 16 and all :rolleyes:

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
lol, You are seeing things from the perspective of a young fella.

I have news for you. No real martial artist would take any 11 yr old BB, 16 Masters seriously. ;) (No pun intended) No serious martial artist would bestow a lot of respect on schools/instructors that hand out BB and masters cert that easily.

Actually there is an old threat on this kitty BB and teen Masters issue way back then. You can search for it. I came across it once.

As for why I argue so much... hmmmm.. Nah.. 99% of the time I am simply LMAO at the posts made here.. You see, I thought I was shabby. But looking at the posters here, I feel a LOT BETTER about myself! :D

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
The fact that I am a kid means you cannot argue with me? Sorry Im slightly confused now.....being 16 and all :rolleyes:

Oh well. Come to think of it. When I was 16, I thought I was an adult already too.

To be honest with you. You are a very intelligent, enthusiastic and dedicated young man who are wise beyong your age. ;)

M

Master of Blades

Oh well. Come to think of it. When I was 16, I thought I was an adult already too.

To be honest with you. You are a very intelligent, enthusiastic and dedicated young man who are wise beyong your age. ;)

I dont think I'm an Adult. Seeing as we are being Honest....I dont WANT to be an Adult until I have to. I'm not ready for that...Now if I was an idiot.....I wouldnt mind you talking to me like that...But I know I am not.....So Dont. We will leave it until the next time you piss me off...But only cuz you did a bit of sweet talking...That and I realised your a jackass out to piss people off for fun :asian: In the words of Rich,

Good day Sir, :asian:

Greggers69

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
personally i think the attitude of the young women is what you need to watch for. If it's ok then don't be worried about it. If she tends to be like her mother tyhen you should start to worry.:asian:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, whether the mother is just being proud and overly braggadocio, from what has been presented here I think the woman is an ignorant misguided nitwit. Sure, most all parents are very proud with their kids' accomplishments, especially something very special like acheiving Black belt rank, and they should be proud.

However, one of the tenets of the MA that I train in, and which is strongly instilled in the students at my dojang is Humility. If the kid sees her mom behaving the obnoxoius way she does, how's the kid going to act? What happens if the junior BB begins to believe the hype and thinks that she can kick anyone's ***? The kid could conceivably put herself in unnecessary danger, all because of her mother's loud mouth. :(

What the mother fails to realize is that just because someone has acheived BLACK rank, it doesn't mean that the person is a super human fighter who is unbeatable. News report to loud mom: "Even a Black belt can be vulnerable to losing a street fight!" :eek:

Anyway, someone needs to educate the overbearing mother about what a BB means. Just my rant, errr, humble take... :uhyeah:

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
I dont think I'm an Adult. Seeing as we are being Honest....I dont WANT to be an Adult until I have to. I'm not ready for that...Now if I was an idiot.....I wouldnt mind you talking to me like that...But I know I am not.....So Dont. We will leave it until the next time you piss me off...But only cuz you did a bit of sweet talking...That and I realised your a jackass out to piss people off for fun :asian: In the words of Rich,

Good day Sir, :asian:

lol. Never thought of you as an idiot. I am sorry that you perceived it as such. (Believe me, I wouldn't feel sorry if I really thought you were an idiot lol ) The fact is, I have come a long way in life (neither good nor bad, certainly not something to brag about) and the side effect is that, it gets to be very hard to relate to someone in the teens. To me, there is a generation gap. (I am in my 30's.)

lol Didn't you notice that I have not taken any of your insult personally? ;)

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lol. Never thought of you as an idiot. I am sorry that you perceived it as such. (Believe me, I wouldn't feel sorry if I really thought you were an idiot lol ) The fact is, I have come a long way in life (neither good nor bad, certainly not something to brag about) and the side effect is that, it gets to be very hard to relate to someone in the teens. To me, there is a generation gap. (I am in my 30's.)

lol Didn't you notice that I have not taken any of your insult personally? ;)

Kinda bites when you find yourself becoming your parents, eh? ;)

You do tend to come off a bit sardonic, though.

Mike

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score

I have a question. What kind of school that gives 13 years old Black Belt?? What art does it teaches??

FYI, for one, dojangs affiliated with the WTF award Kukkiwon certificated poom black belts (that are for all intents and purposes junior black belts) to students under 16.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am nothing like my parents. They were teachers in profession and are very patience with students.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am nothing like my parents. They were teachers in profession and are very patience with students.

Ah, but I bet they still notice the generation gap :) They're probably just better a navigating it.

Mike

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bod

Talk to the instructors first, and see what they have to say about it.

I agree with this. Talk to the instructor. He should handle this, and know how and when to step in. You're there for helping but also learning. See how the instructor deals with it!

/Yari

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought MOB's comments about proud mothers rather insightful for his age.

His measured response when he, his art and his father were insulted one by one, by someone foolish beyond their years (yes you JN) also showed a great deal of maturity.

Nice sig line by the way MOB.

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thank you all for your comments and assistance. I have spoken with the instructor, he assures me that he will do his best to handle it before it becomes a large problem. At least get her to tone it down while around the other students. We have some really good kids at the school with a lot of potential should they stick with it into adulthood.

:asian:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by theletch1
I thank you all for your comments and assistance. I have spoken with the instructor, he assures me that he will do his best to handle it before it becomes a large problem. At least get her to tone it down while around the other students. We have some really good kids at the school with a lot of potential should they stick with it into adulthood.

:asian:

Excellent, glad to hear the instructor will deal with this MA mom... :asian:

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
FYI, for one, dojangs affiliated with the WTF award Kukkiwon certificated poom black belts (that are for all intents and purposes junior black belts) to students under 16.

...and WTF's rep? :D The K-Mart of sport MA! lol Not surprising then.....

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bod
I thought MOB's comments about proud mothers rather insightful for his age.

His measured response when he, his art and his father were insulted one by one, by someone foolish beyond their years (yes you JN) also showed a great deal of maturity.

Nice sig line by the way MOB.

Some intellectually challenged (yes you BOD) is just too dumb to see that you were joking with MOB even when you clearly WROTE it out for him! :rolleyes: Gosh the stupidity!

Do you even know what j/k means? :rolleyes: Sheeze!

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
...and WTF's rep? :D The K-Mart of sport MA! lol Not surprising then.....

lol, the WTF isn't the only organization or MA style that awards minors jr-BLACKs lol. There are styles other than TKD that also award BLACKs to deserving kids, but, maybe not your style lol. :rolleyes:

From your comments I take it that no youngster under what 21, 18 years of age is deserving of a BB, right, lol?

Okay then, let's get some legislation passed in Washington that would prohibit the awarding of BBs to any minors, lol. Should we also ban children from training in the MAs until they're adults too? j/k
LOL... ;)

:D

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
lol, the WTF isn't the only organization or MA style that awards minors jr-BLACKs lol. There are styles other than TKD that also award BLACKs to deserving kids, but, maybe not your style lol. :rolleyes:

From your comments I take it that no youngster under what 21, 18 years of age is deserving of a BB, right, lol?

Okay then, let's get some legislation passed in Washington that would prohibit the awarding of BBs to any minors, lol. Should we also ban children from training in the MAs until they're adults too? j/k
LOL... ;)

:D

You are right. All the Mc Dojos and Mc Dojangs award a blackbelt to anyone who can, in effect, pay for one.

Legislating against a commercial practice ;) where both the buyers (parents and kids) and sellers (McDojos/McDojangs/phony instructors) are all willing and eager participants? That is SOOO UNAMERICAN!! :D You commie rat!!

On a serious note. No serious art will give kiddie BB nor teen masters. But, hey, who am I to criticise consenting adults willing participation in a legal commercial transaction?

Latest Discussions