The vicarious blackbelt

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bod
I thought MOB's comments about proud mothers rather insightful for his age.

His measured response when he, his art and his father were insulted one by one, by someone foolish beyond their years (yes you JN) also showed a great deal of maturity.

Nice sig line by the way MOB.

Well for the record, I like the M.O.B. better that I do JN so there! lol...:p

:) :D :rofl:

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with awarding youngsters (at least 12yrs old at my kwoon) a junior black belt. It signifies to them that for their age group they have progressed to a substantial level. It's a JUNIOR black, (black belt w/white stripe through it). Most of the childen that I have seen with these take their art VERY seriously but still understand that a jr. black is by no means an equivilant to an adults black. Much like the degree levels in the adult system it is still another step on the ladder of mastery. I don't expect to ever reach the top, there will always be something else to learn.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm

That is SOOO UNAMERICAN!! :D You commie rat!!

LOL, why you rat b******, what are you some kind of friggin' comedian lol??? The blood in my veins runs red, white and blue, that's red, white and blue mind you!!! lol.

I served proudly in my country's military so that knuckleheads, treehuggers and hippies would have the right to make and say asinine statements such as what you're spewing, lol. :D

You say I'm a commie rat huh? lol Well I say "No sir!" I'm an AMERICAN!. A US of A, AMERICAN! As American as mom, baseball, apple pie, Chevrolet and kicking Saddam's despotic ***! lol.

As unbelievable and inconceivable as it sounds to you I have seen some minors who do truly deserve their jr-BB rank :eek:
And that's what it is, a JUNIOR black belt. Can we "think outside the box" for a moment to comtemplate the thought, lol :confused:

God Bless America...:asian:

:p :ultracool

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by theletch1
I don't have a problem with awarding youngsters (at least 12yrs old at my kwoon) a junior black belt. It signifies to them that for their age group they have progressed to a substantial level. It's a JUNIOR black, (black belt w/white stripe through it). Most of the childen that I have seen with these take their art VERY seriously but still understand that a jr. black is by no means an equivilant to an adults black. Much like the degree levels in the adult system it is still another step on the ladder of mastery. I don't expect to ever reach the top, there will always be something else to learn.

Thanks, well put. :asian:

LOL, ya see Johnathan Napalm, someone else here agrees with me...:p

:kiss: :lol:

M

Master of Blades

LOL.....This is one amusing thread. I guess I owe JN an apoligy....I kinda did cross the line back there. So my apoligys...and lets try and play nice from now on....I promise not to put you in with the Lions :rolleyes:

:asian:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
LOL.....This is one amusing thread. I guess I owe JN an apoligy....I kinda did cross the line back there. So my apoligys...and lets try and play nice from now on....I promise not to put you in with the Lions :rolleyes:

LOL, I was wondering where you were M.O.B. I've been here busy busting my ***, holding down the fort, and cyberspace sparring with the obstinate Johnathan Napalm. :D

I was thinkin' when is the M.O.B. gonna get back in the fray??? I hope you brought your fightin' sticks with you so you can beat on JN some and make him pipe down, lol... :D

On a serious note, what was the original subject of this thread again? :rofl: :lol:

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
LOL, I was wondering where you were M.O.B. I've been here busy busting my ***, holding down the fort, and cyberspace sparring with the obstinate Johnathan Napalm. :D

I was thinkin' when is the M.O.B. gonna get back in the fray??? I hope you brought your fightin' sticks with you so you can beat on JN some and make him pipe down, lol... :D

On a serious note, what was the original subject of this thread again? :rofl: :lol:

Nah, decided to leave it.......I'm not bothered anymore to be honest. Yeah Im trying to remember myself Cali......:D

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
er, um.... I said it first so doesn't that mean YOU agree with ME?:D

lol, technicalities, minor technicalities. I would have posted first but I had to go back and change my message a little. :mad:

Lets just agree to agree... ;) :D

:rofl:

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it'll be a first on MT I think but yeah, we can agree to agree instead of agreeing to disagree.:D

Original thread? Large mom with large mouth writing large checks for her daughter to have to try and cash.:shrug:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Original thread? Large mom with large mouth writing large checks for her daughter to have to try and cash.:shrug:

Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah! Now I remember. Okay, let's go back to dog piling on the overbearing loud mouth MA mom...:D :rofl:

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Damn!!! :mad:
Let's see, who else can I get to join my jr-BB army, lol... :D

:p :rofl:

Actually just watching Wrestlemania......so for you Cali, I might be willing to make a comment on the use of Sarcasm made by our good friend JN up there :rolleyes:

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I thank you all for your comments and assistance. I have spoken with the instructor, he assures me that he will do his best to handle it before it becomes a large problem. At least get her to tone it down while around the other students. We have some really good kids at the school with a lot of potential should they stick with it into adulthood.

Nice.....

/Yari

V

vincefuess

This kind of situation is a tumor that has plagued martial arts long enough. Barr the mother from entering the school. If the kid exhibits aggressive tendencies caused by her mother, barr her too. Martial arts are about RESPECT. Sometimes respect must rise from the ashes of shame. This behavior is counter-active to all we represent. I have lost many so called friends over this very issue- we go out, and they think since I am a black belt that they can talk sh&t to anybody and I will defend them. WRONG! Many learned the hard way that I would rather be right than be their bodyguard. Such behavior is to be banished.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by vincefuess
This kind of situation is a tumor that has plagued martial arts long enough. Barr the mother from entering the school. If the kid exhibits aggressive tendencies caused by her mother, barr her too. Martial arts are about RESPECT. Sometimes respect must rise from the ashes of shame. This behavior is counter-active to all we represent. I have lost many so called friends over this very issue- we go out, and they think since I am a black belt that they can talk sh&t to anybody and I will defend them. WRONG! Many learned the hard way that I would rather be right than be their bodyguard. Such behavior is to be banished.

Vince?!?!? Is that you!?!?!? Where the heck have you been?!?!
I was up at the "Big D Nationals" 2 weeks ago, and asked Mr
Fowler and Mr ummm .. that other guy I think you studied under..
the name escapes me right now .. and ways asked them about
you, if they'd seen you, heard from you in awhile. They said it
was like ya fell off the face of the earth. :(

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This kind of situation is a tumor that has plagued martial arts long enough. Barr the mother from entering the school. If the kid exhibits aggressive tendencies caused by her mother, barr her too. Martial arts are about RESPECT. Sometimes respect must rise from the ashes of shame. This behavior is counter-active to all we represent. I have lost many so called friends over this very issue- we go out, and they think since I am a black belt that they can talk sh&t to anybody and I will defend them. WRONG! Many learned the hard way that I would rather be right than be their bodyguard. Such behavior is to be banished

I am so glad you posted this here. Check out the new thread I've posted regarding closed classes:D