MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't care if it is on fire, I still think its overexposed. :p

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you're taking pics of a fire, don't you have to take into account the dramatic difference in brightness? If you set your exposure levels for the fire, the rest of the image will probably be underexposed, right? And vice versa if you set around the background...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Thank you for that one, BillM. Given that BillC is turning MT into his own private "Politics Show for the Hard of Thinking" I was close to heading for the door. Amazing what a laugh can achieve to bring perspective back and help you pull your focus back onto a more balanced, un-blurred, way of thinking ...

... I have more puns if you need them :lol:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you're taking pics of a fire, don't you have to take into account the dramatic difference in brightness? If you set your exposure levels for the fire, the rest of the image will probably be underexposed, right? And vice versa if you set around the background...

Fire isn't too difficult to capture in broad daylight because you will already be using a slow ISO and fast shutter times to account for the sun.

At night though...that's when trying to photograph fire becomes a blobby mess. Very difficult to do without a a fair amount of trial, error, and post-processing.

Latest Discussions