The Trayvon Martin Tour

Nah, I didn't presume you "racist". I presumed you kinda small and ignorant, with a penchant for being a keyboard warrior.

Yup, you figured me out. No getting it past you. :ultracool

Dont forget to click "report this post" since i seem to have hurt your lil feelings. :wah:

But I see you stuck the first key. crafty warrior yourself I see.:mst:

"They" ... "their own kind" ...

Is that the way you refer to "them" while in "their" presence? Or do you feel safer typing it anonymously?

I notice you are a TKD practitioner. Do you publicly refer to the Korean founders and practitioners of your art--regardless of whether you yourself are Korean or not--in the "their own kind" context?

Actually, I haven't seen that context from anyone on MT when referring to the nationals of their art's homeland...wherever that particular homeland might be.

I have, however, read mnay discussions that discuss matters of etiquette and respect down to minute detail.

The sentiment behind this very thread ensured that there was zero chance of it being "profitable".

Maybe you need to check your chip at the door, it makes Stone Mountain and Airs Rock look like pebbles.

I do recall I ask you a question, since you seem to have the answers which I struggle to find:

Why do people tour states that have nothing to do with them or the case they are involved in?

yes, of course you see a racial thang there.
I guess when you have a hammer everything is a nail.

Why do people tour states that have nothing to do with them or the case they are involved in?
<snip>
I guess when you have a hammer everything is a nail.

I'm sure that Trayvon's parents have explained exactly why they are where they are, what they are saying, and what they are trying to accomplish. And yet no one saw fit to find any of that out before comfortably labeling parents who have lost their child as attention whores on a "tour".

Ugly, uncharitable, deliberately ignorant. Everything a nail indeed.

To accurately answer the question, first let's understand what the OP is even talking about.

Some kind of "Tour" is the characterization. Well, is there some news article or anything close to objectively describing who is doing what, where?

The OP is talking about the family of Trayvon Martin touring the country. The OP is wondering what the motivation is to take that sideshow to states that are not in any shape or form connected with the family or the case.

Umm...what granfire said. Wo, not sure what else you're reading into this. I read the OP, and took it as the family was touring the nation, talking about the case, racism, etc.

"They" ... "their own kind" ...

Is that the way you refer to "them" while in "their" presence? Or do you feel safer typing it anonymously?

I notice you are a TKD practitioner. Do you publicly refer to the Korean founders and practitioners of your art--regardless of whether you yourself are Korean or not--in the "their own kind" context?

Thank you well put! Yes racism does still exist as well as descrimination on a regular basis some of it legal say in credit renting other things? another whole subject.

The good that has come out of the whole Trayvon is the nationwide discussion of the issue and two major areas came up I thought was profound

RACISM FATIGUE: The fact that many Americans and communities are just wore out talking about and dealing with it so just ignore it because we are bored hearing about??

INSTITUTIONAL RACISM: This one was spot on that city state or organizaitonal racism exists like police departments who due to culture or just being worn out dealing with differnt public sectors have become biased in thier approach or treatment of different segments of the population. America is Racist on many levels and just becuase we are tired or bored with it or like many Republicans and GOP peopel just can't look in the mirror and say I don't like blacks or poor people or Mexicans needs to be dealt with?

Look at Arizona's Polititions and ties to Neo Nazi individuals and groups and even tieing thier reproductive rights and benefits legislation including gay marriage to the fact they want more white babies?? but I do have emphathy for property owners on the boarder who's lives are at stake every day due to the Cartels and people crossing thier land.

I would have alot more respect for Republicans and GOP individuals who just refuse to admit to any reasonable discussion of actual fact from thier own governments reporting agencies or any other reports such as unequal pay for women and just admit they hate Obama and will fight anything he does because he is black!!!!!! or they are just against women having equal power and worth? Frank heated discussion will bring people out of the closet if they would just admit it put on the poinyt hats and scream white power even though many might not even be all that white?

I am still not convinced the majority of MA people do not have deep seated issues with racism on these forums or is it they post more and the rest of us read more and have less time or is it the many of you would pefer to no lower yourselves to putting down right winged insurgency. Being a conservative does not seem to mean what it did 30 years ago or am I wrong?

Back the point before my other rant? the family touring and talking to others is a good thing to keep people in discussion and focused on the issues we have as Americans in dealing fairly with each other as to thier personal reasons? before you judge and imply its for money or fame consider loosing your child and what you need to do every day to keep yourself from loosing it. Each parent involved in any childs death is forever scared and takes a long time and alot of work and a need to find something that will give meaning to thier childs death so they can cope. You people ( there I go like using them?) that lack emphathy for others run the risk of being condemed some day to walking in thier shoes to help you understand I would ponder that before you make light of anothers suffering however many of you can't help it because you all ain't been taught no better!

So master dan if its not about Money and its all about getting the word out why did his mother trademark his name?

I actually could careless if shes making money good for her tour or vist every city that will have you earn as much money as you can

i dont doubt the intentions of the parents or belittle thier grief.

BUT I AM 100% possitive there are those in thier ears who have profit to gain and fame from encouraging them to do so.

I actually could careless if shes making money good for her tour or vist every city that will have you earn as much money as you can

EDIT: ahhh --- a little too crude. never mind.

done with this topic. F-em

Last edited:
The sentiment behind this very thread ensured that there was zero chance of it being "profitable".

Thank you exactly!!!!!!!!!! I disagree with it not being profitalbe people need to expose who and what they are on a honest level and while the crude or insenstive comments may fly at times it draws those who many times will not say anything to contribute real and instructional comments that while not changing the white sheet of that person may give inspiration to another to understand or consider how they treat others in the future. My point is that to me the majority of frequent blogers of MA tend to be ultra conservative which to me now means intollerant and racist by nature not to offend anyone but thats my general read the last year in looking at the tennor of threads and the people who jump in to support them??

So master dan if its not about Money and its all about getting the word out why did his mother trademark his name?
To stop white people from making money of his name such as increased sales of skittles and such but the point is a mother and family doing what ever they can to cope and keeping a important issue of race and progress towards stopping INSTTUTIONA RACISM OR DESCRIMINATION. Saying Mommy is doing it for the money is crude and insensative if you don't agree I suggest you make a sign saying Travon's mom just want to get paid? and go to any major city with a majority of black population area and start walking hope you got a good vest? the point to this thread say I don't get was trowling for like minded people that just don't like people of color getting any attention and always need point to the Butt answers Yeh but they makin money Yeh but they getting fame Yeh but this or that anything to make themselves feel better about thier own insecurity and hate and you and they seek to find like minded people to chime in because it reinforces I must be right becuase all my buddies agree?

10 50 or 300 people all agreeing with negative or hateful opinions does not constitute a majority only a grouping and given all the long winded high minded platitudes of the martial Art Credo's no matter what style is it not such a hipocratic oximoronic axium that so many tottally ignore it beyond the words written on the paper.

By the way your not asking a question it is retorical statement which means your still making a statement of your position that momy and others just want to get paid and your still feeding bacon to the fire so to speak.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...nts-in-Birmingham/DR_fHRk9iES4bCJP4_eyqQ.cspx

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) - On Thursday, Trayvon Martin’s parents, brother, and aunt met with supporters and civil rights leaders at the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.

They took part in a Hoodie Freedom Walk in Trayvon’s honor.
The teen was wearing a hoodie during the confrontation that led to his death in Florida.
George Zimmerman told police he shot the seventeen year old in self defense. Zimmerman is now awaiting trial charged with second degree murder.

People in cities across the country have rallied behind the family of Trayvon Martin.
The City of Birmingham even named Trayvon Martin an honorary citizen. On Thursday his mother and father thanked local supporters.

"We appreciate your cards, your words of encouragement, things like that means a lot to us, most importantly thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your prayers...thank you," said Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin. "The City of Birmingham had officially made our son, Trayvon a citizen of the City of Birmingham, so being that Trayvon has roots in Birmingham- we have roots in Birmingham," said Tracy Martin, Father of Trayvon Martin.

Trayvon Martin's parents also attended a discussion at Miles College. They were joined by professors, police officers, politicians, and preachers- for a hard look at youth and violence in America.

It looks to me like the family was invited to Birmingham for a couple of different events. Now according to the OP, they are on some kind of "tour". Someone else referred to the family as "attention whores". Yet I see no evidence of the family being or going anywhere else except Birmingham, and the select locations therein.

What I do see is an arbitrary, unnecessary and cowardly personal attack on a family whose child was violently and unnecessarily killed. And by someone who can't particularly stomach the idea of that family receiving sympathy, empathy and human value.

Hmmm...well, since racism doesn't seem to be a part of the actual shooting event, all this talk about racism in the case is misguided and doesn't serve the purpose of getting to the truth of that fatal few minutes. George Zimmerman is a multi-racial, registered democrat who previously protested the handling of a black homeless man. The police at the scene and the detectives initially couldn't show enough to a prosecutor to arrest zimmerman. The race machine was activated against the multi-racial zimmerman and huge efforts have been made to make him into a "white" racist killer. The effort to call him a "white" hispanic would be comical if not for the seriousness of the case.

Women make less than men only on paper. Single, women, without families make as much as married men with families. the types of jobs that women take vs. the types of jobs men take as well as issues of having babies and its effect on lifestyles and careers is the reason for the differences. Not discrimination. Ask Economist Thomas Sowell or Walter Willliams.

Here is a quick article from the wall street journal on wage differences...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303592404577361883019414296.html

The Labor Department defines full-time as 35 hours a week or more, and the "or more" is far more likely to refer to male workers than to female ones. According to the department, almost 55% of workers logging more than 35 hours a week are men. In 2007, 25% of men working full-time jobs had workweeks of 41 or more hours, compared with 14% of female full-time workers. In other words, the famous gender-wage gap is to a considerable degree a gender-hours gap.
The main reason that women spend less time at work than men&#8212;and that women are unlikely to be the richer sex&#8212;is obvious: children. Today, childless 20-something women do earn more than their male peers. But most are likely to cut back their hours after they have kids, giving men the hours, and income, advantage.
One study by the American Association for University Women looked at women who graduated from college in 1992-93 and found that 23% of those who had become mothers were out of the workforce in 2003; another 17% were working part-time. Fewer than 2% of fathers fell into those categories. Another study, of M.B.A. graduates from Chicago's Booth School, discovered that only half of women with children were working full-time 10 years after graduation, compared with 95% of men.
If you are concerned about women being paid less than men, go picket the Obama white house. Apparently, he is running a mens club over there and pays women a lot less than the men. If you have a problem with that, take it up with him...

To stop white people from making money of his name such as increased sales of skittles and such but the point is a mother and family doing what ever they can to cope and keeping a important issue of race and progress towards stopping INSTTUTIONA RACISM OR DESCRIMINATION. Saying Mommy is doing it for the money is crude and insensative if you don't agree I suggest you make a sign saying Travon's mom just want to get paid? and go to any major city with a majority of black population area and start walking hope you got a good vest? the point to this thread say I don't get was trowling for like minded people that just don't like people of color getting any attention and always need point to the Butt answers Yeh but they makin money Yeh but they getting fame Yeh but this or that anything to make themselves feel better about thier own insecurity and hate and you and they seek to find like minded people to chime in because it reinforces I must be right becuase all my buddies agree?

10 50 or 300 people all agreeing with negative or hateful opinions does not constitute a majority only a grouping and given all the long winded high minded platitudes of the martial Art Credo's no matter what style is it not such a hipocratic oximoronic axium that so many tottally ignore it beyond the words written on the paper.

By the way your not asking a question it is retorical statement which means your still making a statement of your position that momy and others just want to get paid and your still feeding bacon to the fire so to speak.

How in the world are white people making money of the dead child?

This leap is beyond me.

It looks to me like the family was invited to Birmingham for a couple of different events. Now according to the OP, they are on some kind of "tour". Someone else referred to the family as "attention whores". Yet I see no evidence of the family being or going anywhere else except Birmingham, and the select locations therein.

What I do see is an arbitrary, unnecessary and cowardly personal attack on a family whose child was violently and unnecessarily killed. And by someone who can't particularly stomach the idea of that family receiving sympathy, empathy and human value.

You are projecting.

I saw n the news that the family is making an appearance near me, in a state/town where they have no ties.

But as I read that the city has invited them, tings do become clear.

We are talking about a city with some of the worst school in the state, that a few years back found a 50 million dollar hole in the education budget, the county it is in is absolutely broke to the point that services are cut and people are leaving the county if they can so manage.

Yes, I do get it now.

I suppose everybody has their own way of grieving.
This style puzzles me.
However, there are a few elements that leave a bad taste in my mouth.
having my child's name trademark would have never crossed my mind in a million years.

Yeah, I know, I am a callous racist witch. </sarcasm>

However this 'case' has turned into a sideshow.
Maybe the Cochran Law Firm should advise the family that there is no 'justice'.
The best they can hope for is a verdict, and maybe a favorable outcome in a wrongful death suit, where they then can garnish and claim the shooter's meager possession - should he have any left after the trial.

To stop white people from making money of his name such as increased sales of skittles and such ....

well this guy had the hoodie, too bad he didnt have the skiddles. someone should have shot his ***.

So where is the Rev. Jackson and Al Sharpton on this one.
Where is the media and the outrage?

Spokane News said:
Spokane Police Dept. - The woman attacked Thursday morning while walking her dog in North Spokane has died as a result of the stab wounds she sustained. Spokane Police have flooded the area with resources to investigate this incident and ensure public safety.

Detectives have detained a man matching the suspect description given by witnesses and are working to determine if this individual is responsible for the attack. The motive of this incident has not been established, however detectives believe this was a random attack.

Details: At 8:11 Thursday morning a 55-year-old woman was walking her dog, alone on a walking trail near the area of 1800 E. South Riverton. According to the victim's description of the incident, a man jumped out of the bushes, stabbed her several times and fled.

The victim screamed for help and made her way up the street where a nearby construction worker heard her cries, rushed over, administered as much first aid as he could and called 9-1-1. Medics arrived moments later and transported the victim to an emergency trauma center where she died of her injuries. The victim's dog was unharmed in the incident.

Immediately after the emergency call, Spokane Police brought in additional resources to the area, including additional officers and a canine unit in an attempt to locate the suspect. Additionally, SPD alerted nearby Cooper Elementary School of the potential danger and worked with school officials to ensure the safety of the children and staff.

Spokane Police Detectives have developed a suspect description based on details obtained from the victim as well as interviews with those living near the area of the attack. The suspected attacker is described as a black male in his early to mid 30s wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.

Neighbors say they had seen a man matching this description in the area recently. Spokane Police detectives have detained a person matching this description but are still investigating to determine if this is the suspect.

This incident is especially concerning due to the brazen and random nature of the attack in broad daylight and Spokane Police are dedicating a vast amount of resources to ensure the safety of citizens and to apprehend the person responsible for this attack.

Latest Discussions

Back