The strikes in filipino martial arts

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Breaks in the armour might help explain why the #1 and #2 are often seen done to the shoulder joint or base of the neck rather than the head.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Breaks in the armour might help explain why the #1 and #2 are often seen done to the shoulder joint or base of the neck rather than the head.

Maybe...however Manong Ted (Balintawak) has demonstraited to me that it is harder to slip #1 and #2 when it is to the base of the neck. So this leaves a more practical reasoning behind that technique by todays standards.

Although this may be true, maybe getting past armor was how that got started? Who knows? :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
Maybe...however Manong Ted (Balintawak) has demonstraited to me that it is harder to slip #1 and #2 when it is to the base of the neck.

Yeah, like you'd slip his shots if they were directed at something else! :)

Seriously though, that's interesting to think about too.

S

sercuerdasfigther

angle 12 in serrada is two handed thrust originally ment to go in and down over the chest plate of the spainish.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by sercuerdasfigther
angle 12 in serrada is two handed thrust originally ment to go in and down over the chest plate of the spainish.

Yes...I finally saw a very good demo at the Modern Arnis Symposium with some guys from California. That was their explaination as well! :)

S

sercuerdasfigther

hey paul,
do you know who the serrada guys from ca. were?

thanx, rob

S

sercuerdasfigther

thanx paul,

i've heard good things about there group.

rob

Latest Discussions