The step thru punch in use.

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
Despite thoughts to the contrary sir, I find no limitation in your chosen orientation to defend yourself. Only in western influenced fighting is the strong side held in reserve to the rear. In the Chinese Arts of my experience, the strong side is always placed forward and has worked quite well for myself and Ed Parker himself in the multiple right handed systems he created and influenced.
Multiple systems?

:begs for info:

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
IWishToLearn said:
Dr. Chapel,

Next time I can make it to So Cali can I come pick your brain again especially for direction in compensation for that injury? :asian:
Doors always open to friends.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
IWishToLearn said:
Multiple systems?

:begs for info:
Simply, most contemporary Kenpoist born and bred in the motion "era" wrongly presume what they study is THE positively evolved version of what Parker brought from Hawaii to the mainland. Those with that belief are incorrect. It is AN evolved version of SOME of Mr. Parker's work. More correctly a divergence created by personal necessity designed for proliferation, and by design does not contain certain labor intensive information not conducive to the business model it is based upon.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
IWishToLearn said:
So count the stars & you'll find out how many personal interpretations are out there? :)
According to Mr. Parker, that is exactly what it is supposed to be. The Motion System, allows students to create their own personal style. Just like JKD, only in my opinion, a greater potential for excellence.

Mikael151

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I loved watching that video. I watched it over and over, and, I figured out why the guy got hit. He deserved it.

T

t-bone1972

i agree with kenpo 5-0 give the attacker some props he didnt hesitate the defender did and he paid the price somebody comes that hard at me it is a simple counter"snap kick to groin then borrow his force from there"no technique needed chop to the throat, roundhouse punch to a sleeper. this guy charging you that hard should be open season otherwise dont talk that much smack on a street corner at nite "if you look for trouble hard enough it will find you"

Latest Discussions