The secret of the punch close to the target of Bruce Lee?

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Everyone says that the matter is in the correct technique of applying the puncher. I agree with that. But the company where I want to buy the x1 simulator told me that the secret of a hard hit Bruce Lee in his strong wrist and hand. What do you think about this? And what do you think about these simulators? I don't want to buy all 3 simulators I will buy the x1 simulator they talk about it at the end of the video. I'm interested in your opinion . Or is it a waste of money?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wrist and hand don't generate any significant amount of power for a punch, so immensely strong wrists won't dramatically increase the power of any punch (though they might allow you to use more power from the core of the body, safely).

As for the simulator, how much does it cost, and what are you expecting the value to be for yourself?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I having a hard time seeing how/what the first device does. To me it looks like a cheat that would prevent the calf muscle from doing what it is supposed to thus never building the strength you are trying to gain.
I did not get the second device at all. If you do not want to wear weighted gloves just tape a gel weight to the back of the hand. Trainers have punchers/boxers do this all the time.
I can see the last device working, but probably not the way you are desiring. People have done a similar exercise using a ball and the open hand forever. I can see slight value in being able to close the hand for increasing wrist strength, but not very much. I don't think this exercise is going to do very much for making a harder punch however.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
told me that the secret of a hard hit Bruce Lee in his strong wrist and hand.

The strength in your hand and wrist is important to create power or maintain power through kinematic chains

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The strength in your hand and wrist is important to create power or maintain power through kinematic chains

I don't think hand strength can create much power. It is important in maintaining it in the chain, as a weak link there would dissipate (for lack of a better term) what was generated. A weak wrist would also probably lead to laying off more on the power due to discomfort.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
And for baseball...doing wrist roller exercises are great for strengthen your wrists for stability. I would think they would be good for punching stability as well.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't really see the point of these. The foot thing looks moderately useful, if you have their shoes that it was designed for, but you can just stay on the balls of your feet and get the same effect. You could probably also wear heels, although those will be a little different.

The hand "simulator" just looks like those old shake weights in application. I've never seen anything like that at a real gym...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Gangster D So everyone agrees that correct technique is what allowed for Bruce Lee's punch, except for this company, who state it was hand/wrist strength. And coincidentally, they happen to have something that will improve just that. Sure go for it.

On an unrelated note, did you know that the Brooklyn Bridge has a very low maintenance cost, but is actually currently privately owned. I work for the people who own it, and they're looking to sell control of access to it. They're losing money on it currently but that's only because they can't put a toll booth on it without hurting their image (I'm not allowed to disclose their names, but I'm certain you've heard of them). As a result, they're basically giving it away, 10k and the bridge is yours. Even with the low current traffic, setting up a toll booth and just charging a buck a car, you'll make your money back within a week! Let me know if you're interested.

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Here is what is written on their website . I see the logic in this
Innovative laboratory X presents X1 – a unique simulator having no counterparts. The tool is mainly intended to enhance your punches when fighting and make them shuttering.

Every fighter knows that a knockout punch can be relatively weak but it has to be sudden and invisible for the opponent. Surprise effect often compensates for little impact strength. X1 simulator will make your fist so powerful that you will knockout your opponent easily even without any suddenness. Therefore, “crushing blow” is the right phrase to describe the result you are going to get if you regularly work out with X1.

Now, let us find out what important physical aspects influence the impact strength:

• proper technique;
  • proper fighting balance when delivering the blow;
  • speed and explosive work of your legs and arms;
  • one of the key aspects is transferring impact power to the target.
The impact strength is mainly lost when the hand contacts the target. At this time the fighter’s hand is under enormous load. In order to crush your opponent, you have to punch a little deeper into the target and at the same time reduce the reverse inertia of the blow not to let your hand damp in the wrist, elbow, shoulder and shoulder blade. And this is the crucial moment when stabilizing muscles (SM) start working. They fix your hand turning it into a monolith when it touches the target. X1 will help you develop your SM and reach a new level of your punch quality and power.

HOW X1 SIMULATOR WORKS

The simulator has correct geometry. It is distinguished by its peculiar design which directs the entire load to your two impact bones. When doing exercises in just three positions, you can get your hand, elbow, shoulder and shoulder blade MS engaged in work. Strengthening of your hand muscles is an additional effect.

HOW TO USE X1 SIMULATOR

Grip the simulator handle holding it between your index an middle fingers so that it covers both impact bones.

Take the plank position like for doing push-ups on fists, place the simulator on the floor on the protruding impact part located in the middle. Try to keep your balance while resting on the simulator. Duration: 15 seconds in each position.

Position #1. Straight arm. Hand and shoulder SM are involved.

Position #2. Arm bent at the elbow at about 165 degrees. Hand, elbow and shoulder SM are working.

Position #3. Arm bent at 90 degrees, shoulder blades brought together. Hand, shoulder and shoulder blade SM are involved.

In order to develop your wrists and muscles, make circular motions on the floor resting on the simulator.

As your arm strength grows, do push-ups with the simulator resting on its protruding impact part.

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WORKING WITH X1

• Use the simulator on an even and rigid surface.
  • We advise to start training with one simulator. This way, you can distribute the load by transferring your body weight from your free hand to the one with the simulator.
  • In order to make the exercise easier, rest your knees on the floor. When you feel that you can add some load, take the classical position for doing push-ups resting on your toes.
  • Always do a warm up before you start working out. Special attention should be given to your hands, elbow and shoulder joints as well as your cervical and lumbar parts.
  • Do a warm up with X1 before a fight by doing all the exercises 5 seconds each in each of the three positions. This will activate and engage your SM. Do not overexert yourself! If the load is applied for too long, it will result in SM fatigue and their contraction will become slower and weaker.

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The wrist and hand don't generate any significant amount of power for a punch, so immensely strong wrists won't dramatically increase the power of any punch (though they might allow you to use more power from the core of the body, safely).

As for the simulator, how much does it cost, and what are you expecting the value to be for yourself?
19 dollars for two pieces. I always felt that my wrists were very weak and when I saw this simulator I decided to try it

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is what is written on their website . I see the logic in this
Innovative laboratory X presents X1 – a unique simulator having no counterparts. The tool is mainly intended to enhance your punches when fighting and make them shuttering.

Every fighter knows that a knockout punch can be relatively weak but it has to be sudden and invisible for the opponent. Surprise effect often compensates for little impact strength. X1 simulator will make your fist so powerful that you will knockout your opponent easily even without any suddenness. Therefore, “crushing blow” is the right phrase to describe the result you are going to get if you regularly work out with X1.

Now, let us find out what important physical aspects influence the impact strength:

• proper technique;
  • proper fighting balance when delivering the blow;
  • speed and explosive work of your legs and arms;
  • one of the key aspects is transferring impact power to the target.
The impact strength is mainly lost when the hand contacts the target. At this time the fighter’s hand is under enormous load. In order to crush your opponent, you have to punch a little deeper into the target and at the same time reduce the reverse inertia of the blow not to let your hand damp in the wrist, elbow, shoulder and shoulder blade. And this is the crucial moment when stabilizing muscles (SM) start working. They fix your hand turning it into a monolith when it touches the target. X1 will help you develop your SM and reach a new level of your punch quality and power.

HOW X1 SIMULATOR WORKS

The simulator has correct geometry. It is distinguished by its peculiar design which directs the entire load to your two impact bones. When doing exercises in just three positions, you can get your hand, elbow, shoulder and shoulder blade MS engaged in work. Strengthening of your hand muscles is an additional effect.

HOW TO USE X1 SIMULATOR

Grip the simulator handle holding it between your index an middle fingers so that it covers both impact bones.

Take the plank position like for doing push-ups on fists, place the simulator on the floor on the protruding impact part located in the middle. Try to keep your balance while resting on the simulator. Duration: 15 seconds in each position.

Position #1. Straight arm. Hand and shoulder SM are involved.

Position #2. Arm bent at the elbow at about 165 degrees. Hand, elbow and shoulder SM are working.

Position #3. Arm bent at 90 degrees, shoulder blades brought together. Hand, shoulder and shoulder blade SM are involved.

In order to develop your wrists and muscles, make circular motions on the floor resting on the simulator.

As your arm strength grows, do push-ups with the simulator resting on its protruding impact part.

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WORKING WITH X1

• Use the simulator on an even and rigid surface.
  • We advise to start training with one simulator. This way, you can distribute the load by transferring your body weight from your free hand to the one with the simulator.
  • In order to make the exercise easier, rest your knees on the floor. When you feel that you can add some load, take the classical position for doing push-ups resting on your toes.
  • Always do a warm up before you start working out. Special attention should be given to your hands, elbow and shoulder joints as well as your cervical and lumbar parts.
  • Do a warm up with X1 before a fight by doing all the exercises 5 seconds each in each of the three positions. This will activate and engage your SM. Do not overexert yourself! If the load is applied for too long, it will result in SM fatigue and their contraction will become slower and weaker.

After seeing this information, I no longer think it's a probable scam.

Now I know it's a definite scam.

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
And for baseball...doing wrist roller exercises are great for strengthen your wrists for stability. I would think they would be good for punching stability as well.
Thanks

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
After seeing this information, I no longer think it's a probable scam.

Now I know it's a definite scam.
Do you think that the hand does not give strength to the punch?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
19 dollars for two pieces. I always felt that my wrists were very weak and when I saw this simulator I decided to try it
At 19 dollars, not much to lose. If it turns out to be not any good, you're out less than $20. I doubt it will do anything spectacular, but probably won't do any harm.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you think that the hand does not give strength to the punch?

No, it does not. Conditioning the hand will make you less likely to injure yourself. The conditioning this device has you do will not condition your hand for more force, it will simply strengthen your hand.

Strengthening your hand will help with grips and joint manipulation for grappling. This device does not appear to be the type of device that would actually strengthen your hand.

In other words, it doesn't do what it says it will do, and what it says it will do won't improve what it says it will improve. It's multiple levels of a scam.

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No, it does not. Conditioning the hand will make you less likely to injure yourself. The conditioning this device has you do will not condition your hand for more force, it will simply strengthen your hand.

Strengthening your hand will help with grips and joint manipulation for grappling. This device does not appear to be the type of device that would actually strengthen your hand.

In other words, it doesn't do what it says it will do, and what it says it will do won't improve what it says it will improve. It's multiple levels of a scam.
I know what you mean . But there is something to it. I noticed that knockouts have stronger hands . Now I'm talking about Boxing. Why, then, is Arthur Beterbiev standing on the rings?

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
At 19 dollars, not much to lose. If it turns out to be not any good, you're out less than $20. I doubt it will do anything spectacular, but probably won't do any harm.
I just wanted to hear people's opinions . In my country people are afraid and distrust something new

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know what you mean . But there is something to it. I noticed that knockouts have stronger hands . Now I'm talking about Boxing. Why, then, is Arthur Beterbiev standing on the rings?

How do you know his hands themselves are stronger?

The majority of the force in a punch comes from your legs and core. Less from the arms, and 0 comes from your hands.

Your hands are simply what meets the target. It would be like saying when you drive, the power comes from your wheels. All your wheels do is transmit the power from the engine to the ground. The engine is what has the power. Getting stronger wheels won't make you go faster, but getting a stronger engine will.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

And even if strong hands made for stronger punches, this product wouldn't increase your hand strength.

Latest Discussions