The secret of the punch close to the target of Bruce Lee?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I see their flex wrists from bump. I have nothing to do with this company. But when I saw these simulators, I was amazed. I also always argued with my coach, but not about that. There are many misconceptions in boxing. When I trained in the gym and prepared for the competition. A new guy came to our gym who had a naturally strong hand punch. I thought why this guy has such a strong blow, After all, he does not even know how to correctly beat his hand. So there are some things we don’t know about?
Hmmmm...

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Everyone says that the matter is in the correct technique of applying the puncher. I agree with that. But the company where I want to buy the x1 simulator told me that the secret of a hard hit Bruce Lee in his strong wrist and hand. What do you think about this? And what do you think about these simulators? I don't want to buy all 3 simulators I will buy the x1 simulator they talk about it at the end of the video. I'm interested in your opinion . Or is it a waste of money?
There is no secret. Power for almost any correctly executed technique is generated in only two places. First, the ground - when you look at how boxers throw crosses or hooks, you see them lift their back foot on their toes. This is because they are using the ground to push off and generate a more explosive blow. The second place is the hips. The hips are important in maintaining the power generated, and their rotational energy transfer more power to the punch. In short, Bruce's one inch punch was powerful because in every video in which he demonstrates it, his back foot lifts up ever so slightly, and his entire body rotates.

A very good analogy in the role of muscles and the body in the amount of speed or power that they generate when fighting, is a quote from Morpheus in the first movie of the Matrix trilogy: "Do you think my body or my muscles have any impact on how strong or fast I am in here? [The computer simulation]".

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There is no secret. Power for almost any correctly executed technique is generated in only two places. First, the ground - when you look at how boxers throw crosses or hooks, you see them lift their back foot on their toes. This is because they are using the ground to push off and generate a more explosive blow. The second place is the hips. The hips are important in maintaining the power generated, and their rotational energy transfer more power to the punch. In short, Bruce's one inch punch was powerful because in every video in which he demonstrates it, his back foot lifts up ever so slightly, and his entire body rotates.

A very good analogy in the role of muscles and the body in the amount of speed or power that they generate when fighting, is a quote from Morpheus in the first movie of the Matrix trilogy: "Do you think my body or my muscles have any impact on how strong or fast I am in here? [The computer simulation]".
Yes, I know the strike technique . boxers raise the heel during a blow in order to transfer the weight of the body to the target. Yes you generate in two places but transfer all this power at the expense of the hand. After all if you poke the wall with a flexible twig it will bend and if you poke with a metal rod the damage will be greater . So it is with the hand

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
First one - your calves will not work so they will not develop strength and endurance. Like wearing heels will not make you better rope jumper.
Second one - this will learn you not to hit the pad. As I understand those exercises you goal is to hit the pad with this something not with your hand. Why?
Third one - it can be useful to develop total body stabilization (wrist including) and it will help to be a better boxer in the way all calisthenics exercises help.
I understand that the muscles are strengthened due to the fact that the heel is hanging in the air .If the emphasis was located on the heel then you will not feel the load . but the emphasis is located in the middle of the foot and you hold the leg at the expense of the muscles

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I know the strike technique . boxers raise the heel during a blow in order to transfer the weight of the body to the target. Yes you generate in two places but transfer all this power at the expense of the hand. After all if you poke the wall with a flexible twig it will bend and if you poke with a metal rod the damage will be greater . So it is with the hand
The hand is rigid but doesn’t generate the power. If the hand was not curled up in a fist and wasn’t strong, the amount of power generated would still be the same.

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The hand is rigid but doesn’t generate the power. If the hand was not curled up in a fist and wasn’t strong, the amount of power generated would still be the same.
But to convey the force of a punch you need to have a strong wrist

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I understand that the muscles are strengthened due to the fact that the heel is hanging in the air .If the emphasis was located on the heel then you will not feel the load . but the emphasis is located in the middle of the foot and you hold the leg at the expense of the muscles
You can be right. I've made small experiment with my wrestling shoes, two pieces of folded resistance band and adhesive tap. This have forced me to stand on my toes using my own strength. But the same came be done without this things.

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You can be right. I've made small experiment with my wrestling shoes, two pieces of folded resistance band and adhesive tap. This have forced me to stand on my toes using my own strength. But the same came be done without this things.
I wish I had shoes like yours )

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes but a strong wrist is nothing if you don't pivot or push off the ground.
It is necessary to have strong wrist no to generate power. It is necessary to prevent the wrist from being broken.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what is written on their website . I see the logic in this
Innovative laboratory X presents X1 – a unique simulator having no counterparts. The tool is mainly intended to enhance your punches when fighting and make them shuttering.

Every fighter knows that a knockout punch can be relatively weak but it has to be sudden and invisible for the opponent. Surprise effect often compensates for little impact strength. X1 simulator will make your fist so powerful that you will knockout your opponent easily even without any suddenness. Therefore, “crushing blow” is the right phrase to describe the result you are going to get if you regularly work out with X1.

Now, let us find out what important physical aspects influence the impact strength:

• proper technique;
  • proper fighting balance when delivering the blow;
  • speed and explosive work of your legs and arms;
  • one of the key aspects is transferring impact power to the target.
The impact strength is mainly lost when the hand contacts the target. At this time the fighter’s hand is under enormous load. In order to crush your opponent, you have to punch a little deeper into the target and at the same time reduce the reverse inertia of the blow not to let your hand damp in the wrist, elbow, shoulder and shoulder blade. And this is the crucial moment when stabilizing muscles (SM) start working. They fix your hand turning it into a monolith when it touches the target. X1 will help you develop your SM and reach a new level of your punch quality and power.

HOW X1 SIMULATOR WORKS

The simulator has correct geometry. It is distinguished by its peculiar design which directs the entire load to your two impact bones. When doing exercises in just three positions, you can get your hand, elbow, shoulder and shoulder blade MS engaged in work. Strengthening of your hand muscles is an additional effect.

HOW TO USE X1 SIMULATOR

Grip the simulator handle holding it between your index an middle fingers so that it covers both impact bones.

Take the plank position like for doing push-ups on fists, place the simulator on the floor on the protruding impact part located in the middle. Try to keep your balance while resting on the simulator. Duration: 15 seconds in each position.

Position #1. Straight arm. Hand and shoulder SM are involved.

Position #2. Arm bent at the elbow at about 165 degrees. Hand, elbow and shoulder SM are working.

Position #3. Arm bent at 90 degrees, shoulder blades brought together. Hand, shoulder and shoulder blade SM are involved.

In order to develop your wrists and muscles, make circular motions on the floor resting on the simulator.

As your arm strength grows, do push-ups with the simulator resting on its protruding impact part.

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WORKING WITH X1

• Use the simulator on an even and rigid surface.
  • We advise to start training with one simulator. This way, you can distribute the load by transferring your body weight from your free hand to the one with the simulator.
  • In order to make the exercise easier, rest your knees on the floor. When you feel that you can add some load, take the classical position for doing push-ups resting on your toes.
  • Always do a warm up before you start working out. Special attention should be given to your hands, elbow and shoulder joints as well as your cervical and lumbar parts.
  • Do a warm up with X1 before a fight by doing all the exercises 5 seconds each in each of the three positions. This will activate and engage your SM. Do not overexert yourself! If the load is applied for too long, it will result in SM fatigue and their contraction will become slower and weaker.
Are you a native English speaker? I'm asking because that was obviously translated from another language into English, and a non-native English speaker might miss those. There are just too many odd phrasings like "sudden and invisible for the opponent" or "The simulator has correct geometry" and "peculiar design"...

The secret to the power of the one-inch (or less...) punch is in knowing how to unite the body behind the punch. It's not that it's a super-secret thing, or a muscle thing... it's knowing how to chain the muscle contractions and put the whole body behind the punch, and do that all in an instant. It takes a lot of long practice, and it helps a lot if you have someone show you the way. Gadgets won't teach it...

ETA: Oh, lawdy... I hadn't watched the video. Whoever they paid to read their copy read it exactly. Listen to it... it's got the same sort of grammar and syntax errors throughout. (I guess the guy did what they asked, but you'd think he'd have said something about the phrasings rather than taking his money and running... though...)

Last edited:
OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Are you a native English speaker? I'm asking because that was obviously translated from another language into English, and a non-native English speaker might miss those. There are just too many odd phrasings like "sudden and invisible for the opponent" or "The simulator has correct geometry" and "peculiar design"...

The secret to the power of the one-inch (or less...) punch is in knowing how to unite the body behind the punch. It's not that it's a super-secret thing, or a muscle thing... it's knowing how to chain the muscle contractions and put the whole body behind the punch, and do that all in an instant. It takes a lot of long practice, and it helps a lot if you have someone show you the way. Gadgets won't teach it...

ETA: Oh, lawdy... I hadn't watched the video. Whoever they paid to read their copy read it exactly. Listen to it... it's got the same sort of grammar and syntax errors throughout. (I guess the guy did what they asked, but you'd think he'd have said something about the phrasings rather than taking his money and running... though...)
I have already said that I am not a native speaker of English. I understand there are no boxers here? Thank you all for your time. Everywhere you think a conspiracy. In my boxing room there is a ring, pears, barbell gloves should be their own. When I saw boxing simulators, I became interested and wanted to hear your opinion.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have already said that I am not a native speaker of English. I understand there are no boxers here? Thank you all for your time. Everywhere you think a conspiracy. In my boxing room there is a ring, pears, barbell gloves should be their own. When I saw boxing simulators, I became interested and wanted to hear your opinion.
You've got a couple boxers here. Or at least people who have been boxers at some time or another. The general idea thoigh is that that's a scam.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

They all do what you could do without equipment. Footwork drills, pad work drills and knuckle push ups.

I don't know if these devices do it any better.

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Why does Pakiao do this exercise at 0;48

OP
Gangster D

Gangster D

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Why is Lomachenko doing this exercise ?
i (1).jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is Lomachenko doing this exercise ?
View attachment 22835
This exercise looks awesome for core stability. To get to the point your question is probably getting to, yes it probably requires strong wrists. But this is part of what I mentioned with your training should naturally be strengthening your wrists, without a need for a device like the one you linked.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The third device form your opening clip is the only one which can be useful little bit, but still it can be replaced with many other tools. The first two advice are only waste o money.

Latest Discussions