The Quote Book

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How many times have you been somewhere and some one has said the exact wrong thing at the exact right time? How many of you have read a quote from one of the masters and thought "Hey, that is worth passing on."?

When I was in the military the last station I was assigned to was one of those buildings with no windows, lots of air conditioners, concertina wire fences and armed guards. Needless to say we couldn't discuss anything we found worth repeating outside the building so we had a "Quote Book" to pass on those things to the shifts that came on after us. This thread is kinda like that. Is it doomed to die quickly? Probably, but what the hey, it may prove amusing for a while anyway. Doesn't have to be a quote from a MA master or anything just something worth passing on.

I'll start. "Some men die by shrapnel. Some go down in flames. Most men die inch by inch, playing little games." unknown

D

Disco

OK, here one;

"If at first you don't succeed - The hell with sky diving" Author unknown, we can't recognize him.
:D

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Always carry a litter bag in your car. It doesn't take up that much room, and when it gets full, you can just toss it out the window. - Steve Martin

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

E

Elfan

My AIM profile has a special little section for the interesting quotes of this one friend of mine.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you!" Londo Mollari

That ones always been a favorite of mine. :)

R

Richard S.

tie two birds together,even though theyve got four wings they still cant fly............david carradine,circle of iron.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stupidity, is the only Universally known crime punished by Death.
Lazarus Long - Robert Heinlein.

Ignorance is curable by Knowledge
stupidity is curable only by Death
Rich Parsons

:asian:

PS: When I was working on stuff I could not talk about, I just told everyone I was working on Documentation, and talked about formatting documents, and standards, it bored them to death so they would not ask any more questions :D

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PS: When I was working on stuff I could not talk about, I just told everyone I was working on Documentation, and talked about formatting documents, and standards, it bored them to death so they would not ask any more questions

I never told them anything. I just smiled and then stood there listening to all the wild speculation they would toss around to see is they could out-do the last bit of speculation I heard. Everything from super secret under ground nuclear submarine base to hiding aliens:D God, if only it had been that glamorous!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by theletch1
I never told them anything. I just smiled and then stood there listening to all the wild speculation they would toss around to see is they could out-do the last bit of speculation I heard. Everything from super secret under ground nuclear submarine base to hiding aliens:D God, if only it had been that glamorous!

Yes, Only if it had been that Glamorous :D
:asian:

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"We are not retreating, we are simply attacking in a different direction." Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, ROC:biggun:

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"The past is but a dream. The future is just an illusion. All there is ..... is now" Tollie

A

anne

"Martial arts is like a mirror in which you look at yourself before you wash your face in the morning. You see yourself, simply, the way you are." - Jiddu Krishnnamurti

"Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I just beat people up."

- Muhammad Ali

"There are no mistakes. Just happy accidents!" - the late great Bob Ross

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda (the real one, from Star Wars)

warder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
"I beat guys like you up on the way to the fight"

unknown author, or my friend jake, but hes way too dumb to think that up

grimfang

Green Belt
Reaction score
"Rules and Responsablilities... these are the ties that bind us. We do what we do because of who we are. To do otherwise, we would not be ourselves. I will do what I must." -- Neil Gaiman

"Dreams are for those who's live's are dull." -- Victor Hugo

J

Jill666

"You roll like dice"

"Take the stick out of your *** and try it again"

"You just died- again"

"The only thing you're doing wrong is not listening to a f-ing word I say"

all the above from my nurturing Ninpo instructor

:boing2:

T

tonbo

Here's a couple from my overly vast collection.....

"Okay, now give me 20 *good* pushups" --just about any MA instructor

"You're doing that technique wrong" "Yes, I know, Sensei" "Then why are you doing it wrong?"

"The time to win a fight is before it starts" --Frederick W. Lewis

"If you can read this, I haven't hit you hard enough" --words on a card dropped by Lobo, the comic book character, on someone he just beat up. Yep, the guy got another beating....'cuz he could read what the card said!

This one only works if you have a friend with you. Someone starts mouthing off, and you say, "You wanna fight me buddy?" If they say "yes", then you grab your friend and say, "Meet me buddy". (We use this jokingly at our school from time to time).

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two rights can give you a headache if you don't block 'em" --student at our school

Peace--

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
"A donut without a hole is a danish." Ty Webb (Chevy Chase) in Caddyshack

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." Ralph Wiggum

"My father once told me, never hit a man in anger, unless you're absolutely sure that you can get away with it." Russel Ziskey from Stripes.

"Jellybaby?"

Latest Discussions