The passing of my little karateka

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

Angus

I am terribly, terribly sorry to hear about your loss. There's no words anybody can express to come close to what you're feeling, but you have my deepest condolescences for as much as they're worth.

However, I must express my belief that you should keep training. You know your daughter would've been far more sad if you hadn't been able to put the black belt around your own waist as well. Keep going strong, she'll be training along side you no matter what, where ever you are.

Best of luck, that's to be sure. You've got the whole community here for support if you need. Keep strong! :)

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
GirlyChuks,

I feel much sorrow for your loss. My deepest condolences.

My Father died of a rare bone cancer when I was five. My Mother punished herself with drink and drugs for 30 years after. She neglected me all through my childhood through not dealing rationally with her sorrow. I had no shoes or food at times. I still love her with all my heart. She died alone in the back of an ambulance. I tried with all my strength to take her pain from her. But, I was just a little boy. When matured enough to really help, it was too late. I realize that when my Father died, so did my family. I have two older sisters who are a wreck. They are both on their third marriages. My point in all this, there are other survivors who would be damaged beyond repair without your good heart. The wake left by another vessels passing can capsize the vessels closest for eternity.

I have a little 6 month old boy. I fear that I don't know how to be a good Parent. I didn't say just "good Father" because I never had a Mother either after my Father died. I am learning vicariously as much as I can. I WON'T let my losses become his. Anytime I feel the lead weight of sorrow bearing down on me, I ask myself this question, "What purpose does this serve?".

My point in sharing all this is not an attempt to place my Mother's limitations on you. It is to help remind you just how important you still are. You were fortunate to have your daughter and she was fortunate to have you.

Respectfully,
white belt

OP
S

SRyuFighter

I am very sorry indeed for your loss. Continue your karate training in her honor.

OP
Y

yilisifu

White Belt -
Your remark about the wake left by a passing vessel was profound. Thank you.

One wise person said that "life is the art of drawing without an eraser." Absolutely true. I have no doubt that you are and will remain a fine parent.

Girlychuks, again, please accept my condolences. Understand that you are still needed and still loved by so many. You Ciara, and your family remain in my prayers.

OP
C

chufeng

Very sad...I truly am sorry for you...

"God won't deal out what you can't handle..."

Someone told me that when my boy was diagnosed with leukemia. It helped bolster me...

The shock, fear, and helplessness that I felt when I first found out about Greg can't come close to your loss...

My boy is still with me...and I am thankful for every additional minute we have together...

You are in my prayers.

:asian:
chufeng

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the pictures. Ciara was a beautiful girl. I'm sure she touched a lot of lives and hearts for the short time she was on this earth. My prayers will be with you and your family.

Robyn

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by girlychuks
How do you go on???

By showing the person who hit your car these pics so they are the last thing they see before you gouge out their eyes with a spoon?

But uh...maybe that's just me.

A good friend of mine is a minister and he assures me that children have a get-into-heaven-free pass. Having never had the chance to talk with God I will take my friend's word for it.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Cathy,
I know of absolutely nothing I can say to ease your pain; therefore, I am not going to even try. You and I have bantered, you have communicated with my wife, although you do not really know us, we grieve with you.
Last night was the first night of my Thursday night class of the spring semester at the college. While I was talking to some of the new students and clearing up some administrative stuff, Tess and my other assistants took the rest of the group up to the gym. While they were waiting for me, my group got to goofing off and horseplaying. We are a very tight knit group. Some of the new students saw the love and friendship being openly displayed. They were a bit shocked and from what I saw, even a bit jealous. One student commented to Tess, "You guys are a family." Truer words never were spoken. That is the entire point to my post. Your fellow martial artists are a family, a built in support group. Seek their comfort and their love, they will give it freely. They will hug you, they will love you, and most importantly they will cry with you. If you and/or your husband are ever near Mountaineer Martial Arts, I know of at least 20 seperate hugs that await both of you.

Michael

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My words are not enough to help heal this great loss you now have. She was a beautiful child .
May I offer myprayers for you, your family , and for Ciara.
Sheldon

OP
M

Master of Blades

I am truly sorry for you, usually I do not like even looking in these type of forums as I find it truly upsetting but I felt compelled to reply to this one.

I guess the only thing I can say is that I am truly sorry and I hope you have the power to live on. Your daughter was a beautiful girl.

OP
S

Shinobi

I don't have kids like most people here, so I can't say I know how you feel.

I am VERY sorry you lost your daughter. My thoughts are with you.

OP
K

Kroy

Sorry for your loss, my sympathies and prayers go with you. Thank you for allowing the group to meet your little princess.

celtic bhoy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
No matter what style we study or what our beliefs are, we are all members of the same family, the martial art family. We all do this this because we choose to and not because we have to.

It is truly wonderful to see everyone join and support as a family would and should in this time of grief. This is the bond that unites us.

Don't be afraid to continue the journey yourself and Ciara started together. I'm sure she would want you to continue on that journey and I'm sure Ciara will be there with you all the way in spirit. If you try and think of the good times she can never leave you, she will always be in your heart where she belongs. You are in my prayers.

"Life is short, art is long"

OP
A

andurilking2

quote:Her service will have her in a casket her father built with his own hands. She will have her little Gi on display with her little blue belt.
Ciara loved dragons and the power they represented. She was not a girly girl- her outfit for the funeral will be her favorite shirt (a black t shirt with dragons flying around a castle) and her favorite blue jeans, and her beloved dragon necklace one of her little karate friends gave her for christmas.

That is very cool of you

my heartfealt sympathies to everyone who is affected by this incident, Bless you for hanging in there though
i know this prob didn't help but i wanted to let you know that there are peeps who care (look at the # of replies) i hope that that makes you happy

sincerely- Zach

OP
D

Disco

Remember the story of the person asking God a question about their life. God then showed a beach with two sets of foot prints in the sand side by side, then there was only one set. When the person asked what happened, God said I was walking beside you on your journey. The person then commented that, but the you left because theres only one set of foot prints left.
God smiled and said " IT WAS THEN THAT I CARRIED YOU"..............

Hold that thought close to your heart. Take care and may God bless.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a five-year old boy, and he's my world. I can't imagine your pain. Your little girl was beautiful. I hope that she's having a wonderful time wherever she is and that you two will be together again someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions